Should Alan join the GLC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Alan join the GLC?

When the JSA arrives in the present day as young characters?

What I mean is, join the GLC while remaining in the JSA.
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-17-2018, 08:30 PM.

Even if Baz is getting killed off, with the addition of the Teen battery-hacking Lantern, we still have too many to focus on. Alan belongs with the JSA, him not becoming a Lantern in Doomsday Clock and the current universe directly impacted the formation of the Society. I think Alan said it best in an old issue of JSA in the pre-New52 universe...

"I was called a super man before there was a Superman."

He's the backbone of the golden age heroes at this point. And somebody like that has too much potential, and DC doesn't like anybody stepping on Hal's toes. At least for very long. If we're lucky Morrison will get to write an issue of TheGL with Hal and Alan in a team-up. I do miss those. Alan always making Hal look like a rookie is fun times.

Comment

I really like Alan best as a magic wielder as opposed to the science-based tech of the GLC.

Comment

Yeah I could totally go for another Alan/Hal teamup where the magic vs science difference is used to enhance the story.

So...teamup? Heck yeah. Actual Corps member? Blasphemy.

Comment

No. The GLC is beyond overcrowded with GLs from Earth, and Alan already has his own thing going on without the Corps that everyone seems to accept just fine, so I don't see the point. Besides, he in particular is more interesting without the Corps, I would say
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Yeah, Alan doesn't need the Corps. He predates them and putting him in there would be like Paul McCartney joining the Eagles.

Comment

I think before DC cluttered everything up with all those "other" Lanterns, starting with Kyle, it might have been a good idea. But now, no.

Comment

Working...
              X