View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFighter View Post
So Darth I am curious, was it somewhat strategic to visit Chicago when C2E2 was in town so you could check it out for a bit or pure coincidence? Only 3 hours? Seems like you did a lot though in those 3 hours.
It wasn't pure coincidence. My wife wanted to go to Chicago for a few years because it was recommended by a few friends and she's a fan of the reality show Giuliana and Bill which features Chicago. So we planned on going in the spring and picked the weekend of C2E2.

I found Chicago a great place to visit, especially if you appreciate great architecture, deep dish pizza and shopping. We were only in Chicago for two full days, so I had to cut C2E2 short. I wanted to go to the United Center to see the Michael Jordan statue, but couldn't find the time. I barely made it to Wrigley Field before we had to head to the airport to go back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFighter View Post

Speaking of the Toy Hunter, Jordan Hembrough, and my off topic mention of Wondercon in the C2E2 thread, he was also at WonderCon and I DID get some pics of him ... actually I got a few with him. I even bought a vintage Star Wars R2D2 figure from him. He was real cool. He even took a picture with my kids. They were filming and my buddy and I actually had to sign a waiver so we might be on TV when they run that episode. I also met and talked a ton with his buddy Mark that I noticed has been on the show a couple of times already. He was cool too. Maybe because the show is still so new but there were not very many people around and a lot people had no idea. I got like 10 people who were walking by that asked me who is this, why are they filming? You figure it being WonderCon and he being the Toy Hunter, more people would know but while these are often billed as pop culture events, it's still pretty niched. I remember I met Jeff Garlin from Curb Your Enthusiasm at Wondercon like 4 years ago and NO ONE recognized him. He was just walking the convention floor like we would so when I acknowledged him and asked for a picture he was totally cool and nice about it. I think he was just happy someone knew him!
That's so cool. Well, people probably don't know of Jordan The Toy Hunter because it's only in it's second season and not many people tune into the Travel Channel. I would have liked to checked out his booth and see what vintage toys he had. Maybe Jordan will be at SDCC.

More pics from C2E2

J. Micheal Stracynski, first time I met him. Here he's signing both volumes of my Superman Year One hardcovers. I had other books for him to sign, but I forgot them at home.

Stracynski was giving free variant copies of TEN GRAND and is sitting with Ben Templesmith and I think, Bill Sienkiewicz.

Another shot of Artist Alley

Marvel booth giving away swag.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote