Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my platinum trophy in Skyrim. I got all the way back up to Level 37 before finishing. Between the two files, I must have put over 400 hours into the game without ever getting the DLC.

Comment

• The most left-field gaming system you didn't know existed?

The TI-83 Plus calculator.

I shit you not: you can install Doom and Mario on that thing and actually run decent versions of them.

Grinding for the Jungle mask in The Division (150 Riker boss kills). Holy shit, Massive, way to go overboard.

edit -- earned the fucking mask, goddamn grind. Had to keep taking short breaks because that was absolute bullshit. If I never do Lexington Event Center again, it'll be too soon.

Of course, I'll wind up doing all kinds of shenanigans for the next event, Ambush (two of the masks are fairly easy to get, unless they changed the requirements).
      Agent Purple
      The Illustrated Man
      Last edited by Agent Purple; 03-19-2018, 02:12 AM. Reason: Dat grindin' feelin'
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        The most left-field gaming system you didn't know existed?

The TI-83 Plus calculator.

I shit you not: you can install Doom and Mario on that thing and actually run decent versions of them.
        Haha I've wondered what they were capable of these days. When I was in high school I found this software program that let me run some advanced games.

I remember having Solitaire and Moon Patrol, seems like there was one more.

Comment

• Bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance because it kept popping up on my Instagram and looked interesting. ITS NOT.

Comment

• Mike Matei reviews GoldenEye (Nintendo 64)

Unfortunately, I never got this game back when I had the system. I remember first finding out about one of my favorite guns, the RCP-90 sub-machine gun, because of GE64, and I was thrilled when I found that gun was also in Rainbow Six: Vegas.

More games need the RCP-90.

Comment

Mike Matei reviews GoldenEye (Nintendo 64)

Unfortunately, I never got this game back when I had the system. . .
              Yeah, I remember friends having and raving about that game, but I didn't have the system. Not sure if I would've done well with it. Early FPS games gave me motion sickness.

Comment

• I didn't get my N64 right away, but playing Goldeneye with friends was a treat. There would be four of us lying on our stomachs staring at the screen for hours. Whoever was waiting would replace whoever placed last.

The game doesn't hold up very well, Perfect Dark is about the same. Only a couple of my friends can still play it well, and we do it mainly for nostalgia. After playing modern games it is hard to come back to the archaic controls.

There is an H & K P90c in Fallout 2, it is probably the best gun in the game that uses 9mm bullets in my opinion.
                buffalorock
                Star Sapphire's Love Slave
                Last edited by buffalorock; 03-22-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Watched the vid. I think it's hilarious that Rare even briefly considered the game being based off Donkey Kong Country. I'd love to see how that would've worked.

Comment

• Let's face it: real-life Pierce Brosnan back then actually resembled an ape. Would have made Donkey Bond Country pretty easy to imagine.

Comment

• Goldeneye was my life! N64 was my everything. Between Goldeneye and MarioKart, my house was the place to be. And yes, that RCP-90 was a beast! There's nothing better than playing as Oddjob and crouching down in a dark corner and just chopping away at someone's legs in a circle.

Comment

• Global Event Ambush is active since midnight Friday (12:15 AM Saturday as I write this). Been playing a bit of it, really want to earn some more masks and patches. I still think Massive went overboard with some of the requirements for some rewards (another 150 boss kills? Really? Even if all named enemies qualify, that's still bullshit).

While working on that, I'm also going to try and knock out some other commendations (doing a shit-ton of story missions, search-and-destroy quests, high-value targets, etc). Another bunch of grinding, but it'll be well worth it.

Comment

• The Division is having "anniversary week" on top of "anniversary month," so last night I was trying to earn another Outbreak event mask by working towards 170 shotgun headshot kills. Got around halfway before it got late and boring enough for me to call it quits until the event returns in June. But hey, I made good progress. I also told a friend I would appreciate him being my human shield so I can earn a gas-masked puppy patch as well next time.

I decided to try my luck with buying an event cache. Imagine the thrill I got when it decrypted not two but three items: The House (best SMG in the game), as well as two Classified Reclaimer pieces! Oh shit, son, I am going to LOVE using The House on my D3-F3NC3 shield build!
                          Agent Purple
                          The Illustrated Man
                          Last edited by Agent Purple; 03-29-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• I'm late on the N64 talk. A friend and I spent HOURS playing GoldenEye on the N64. That's one of my favorite all time games. I've never had so much fun playing death matches.

Perfect Dark was overrated. The only thing that made the game popular was the swearing after you killed an enemy. They'd call you a "BITCH!..." with their last breath as they tumble over.

Comment

• Sadly, this is a local one.

Man found bound, shot to death after trying to buy PlayStation 4 for brother

Comment

• So for only the second time, I encountered a "Hunter" (very dangerous enemy) in the Underground portion of The Division. First time I did, the bastard meleed me and it took off so much health I died even though I wasn't even below half.

This time he was wrecking me, but I killed him first before the other NPCs took me down. Respawn, finished the mission.

Only 99 more Hunter kills until I can get the Sting mask.

Also finished collecting all West Side Piers cell phones and am slightly closer to unlocking the secret mission (I'll have to find some friendly players for that).

I think I'll finally take the plunge and go into the Dark Zone tonight. I know the place is full of assholes who use very underhanded tactics to kill you and take your loot, but I want some of the commendations and at some point I'm going to need to explore the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X