This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Black Manta View Post
    first half was great, second half I lost interest fast... could've been much better... (18 more mins til ThunderCats, rawr!)
    Funny, I thought the first half kind of dragged and enjoyed the second half much more!

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
    ...It felt like a Pixar film, they always have a adult type message that comes out during their films. All in all, it's great. It should have no problem succeeding.
    It did feel like a Pixar film! Good call.
    "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
    "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
    "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
    "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
    *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

• I'm disappointed that they ended on a cliff-hanger, but otherwise, this is what I wanted. Timm *finally* "gets" GL! Terrific script, great action, gorgeous look, strong voice acting, and rousing musical score. It really did everything the movie seemed to miss out on. I especially loved the voice/animation for Ganthet, just perfect. I'm really looking forward to this series, I hope it does blockbusters so we can have it fir years to come.

Four out of four Power Rings!!

Comment

• Just got done watching the premiere and I loved it! Keaton did a great job as Hal and all the voices were spot on.
        Too bad we have to wait until next year for the show to actually start.
        Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• Watched it, my only complaint when Hal loses his ring he still's breathing. I know this a cartoon and everything, and Hal dying in the first episode would be bad, but could they try to make it more realistic.

Comment

• I liked it, thought the ending was strong. I like how the Red Lanterns talk about "righteous revenge" Thought the ending for that poor GL was really sad.

toweroffate.blogspot.com

Comment

• Absolutely loved it, I had the same ear to ear smile on my face that I had during the movie while watching this episode. I gotta give Timm and company all the props in the world because they hit it out of the park on all counts, the guy who played Hal was perfect. I loved the take on the Guardians and how sly Ganthet is, he instantly became one of my favorite characters along with The Red Lanterns which they managed to make scary and a huge threat in this episode. Overall I couldn't find anything to complain about the tone was probably the most impressive thing in the script, not only was the dialog true to the characters for the most part but it was balanced well between the humor and dark elements. Overall I was blown away I really hope that people give this a chance because it could be one of DC's best animated series if it continues with this type of quality and CN actually promotes the show.
              "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

• just got done watching it .

have to say it was better then i expected.

i agree with others that it does feel like a pixar film and i cant wait to see the season come 2012.

the gl at the end was really touching.

hopefully this series gets a few seasons : fingers crossed:
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• My dvr hd crashed today so i didnt get to record it.

GRRRRRR

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    My dvr hd crashed today so i didnt get to record it.

GRRRRRR
                    enjoy and this is how i watched it

http://eztvstream.com/green-lantern-...er-part-1-of-2

Comment

• I already found a torrent for it. I''ll put it on my phone tommorrow and watch it on my lunch.

Comment

• Just saw it. It's great, I like it! Hal and Kilowog are protrayed very well here. And the new characters are interesting, too. I don't think the 3D is any problem, it looks really nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                          I already found a torrent for it. I''ll put it on my phone tommorrow and watch it on my lunch.
                          ah ok well enjoy it man because i thought it was good.

still getting use to the whole animation but itll take time

Comment

• Next year?!?!?

What? That blows! Wish I would've given it more of my attention, now...LOL.
                            "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                            "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                            "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                            "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                            *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              Watched it, my only complaint when Hal loses his ring he still's breathing. I know this a cartoon and everything, and Hal dying in the first episode would be bad, but could they try to make it more realistic.
                              Well. there's no indication that the location lacks an atmosphere, so I guess we can assume that it does have one, and earth-like gravity, since Hal doesn't asphyxiate or float away into space!

Comment

• Review round-up!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...remiere-260753

Comment

Working...
                                X