Clear All

Jack I found a pic of the Hal battery I need some info on it though

here
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

the beginings of the Action Figure Page so far up to DCD GL Series 1
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

How come the new GL series isn't on that? And it's coming this month right? Right? *anixiously awaits Henshaw figure*

Comment

Originally posted by Zechs View Post
          How come the new GL series isn't on that? And it's coming this month right? Right? *anixiously awaits Henshaw figure*
          it says the BEGININGS of the Action Figure page, Wave 2 , 3 WB Store, Premiums and Mattel stuff are still to be added I do have a job and a real life only so much time but figured I'd link it anyway
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

http://store.supermansuperstore.com/jlyoyogl.html

Comment

Thanks SL - there is also a Paddle-ball on that page I believe.
              My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Brief update...

Just a fast update for now, but back on the subject of the PVC GL Power Ring that's been included with figures of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Tomar Re, etc...

I've already posted a picture of the "metallic" version that was given out as a promotional item at the 2007 San Diego Comic Con...

But in 2006, DCD did something even COOLER: They distributed "blind bagged" rings, packaged inside a green foil bag (picture of bagged ring coming... eventually. There's none up on eBay right now, and I didn't save the pictures of the bagged rings back when they were more readily available on eBay.) The labeling on the bag indicated that you might receive Hal Jordan's ring, or Sinestro's ring, but the only way to know which one you got was to OPEN THE BAG. For many months, the only people that opened their bags were claiming they'd received Hal's ring, and that they believed the Sinestro rings didn't actually exist, as in some cases, people received several rings and ALL were Hal's ring. That only further confused the issue.

For this reason, confirming what was inside the bags has been a lengthy process, as every eBay seller I've personally seen selling these rings had left them sealed inside the bag... until recently. Last week, I won this:

So, not only do we now have confirmation that DCD DID distribute at least a few Sinestro rings in those "blind bags", we also know now that they were TRANSLUCENT Sinestro rings, making them that much cooler!

One of the Hal ones was up on eBay a couple months ago out of the bag, and was also translucent. Sadly, I missed out on getting that one. I got confused as to which day the auction ended, so I came back to the auction too late, and now some poozer that ISN'T me has it in their collection.

As usual, permission is given to post this info on the site. Please, edit my long-winded ramblings down to a more concise entry before you post it up on the Merch List.
                Jack T. Chance
                Really knows where his towel is!
                Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-19-2008, 11:12 PM.

Comment

They actually exist? I also believed they were all Hal rings since I have not heard of anyone ever getting a Sinestro one. I do like the clear yellow, much cooler than the opaque one that came with the first Sin figure.

I still think the new Sin corps figure should have come with a ring with the new symbol on it...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                    Just a fast update for now, but back on the subject of the PVC GL Power Ring that's been included with figures of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Tomar Re, etc...

I've already posted a picture of the "metallic" version that was given out as a promotional item at the 2007 San Diego Comic Con...

But in 2006, DCD did something even COOLER: They distributed "blind bagged" rings, packaged inside a green foil bag (picture of bagged ring coming... eventually. There's none up on eBay right now, and I didn't save the pictures of the bagged rings back when they were more readily available on eBay.) The labeling on the bag indicated that you might receive Hal Jordan's ring, or Sinestro's ring, but the only way to know which one you got was to OPEN THE BAG. For many months, the only people that opened their bags were claiming they'd received Hal's ring, and that they believed the Sinestro rings didn't actually exist, as in some cases, people received several rings and ALL were Hal's ring. That only further confused the issue.

For this reason, confirming what was inside the bags has been a lengthy process, as every eBay seller I've personally seen selling these rings had left them sealed inside the bag... until recently. Last week, I won this:

So, not only do we now have confirmation that DCD DID distribute at least a few Sinestro rings in those "blind bags", we also know now that they were TRANSLUCENT Sinestro rings, making them that much cooler!

One of the Hal ones was up on eBay a couple months ago out of the bag, and was also translucent. Sadly, I missed out on getting that one. I got confused as to which day the auction ended, so I came back to the auction too late, and now some poozer that ISN'T me has it in their collection.

As usual, permission is given to post this info on the site. Please, edit my long-winded ramblings down to a more concise entry before you post it up on the Merch List.
                    UPDATE: Have received the ring today. The translucent color looks VERY cool, but I'm afraid it carries a (in my opinion) hefty price with it: These rings are NOT made of the soft, flexible PVC used on earlier releases. Apparently, DC Direct couldn't figure out how to make PVC translucent, so they switched to a harder, RIGID plastic. No more "one size fits most"... well, more like "one size fits many", considering how small the band was before bending to fit your finger... anyway, gone are those days. It's now "one size fits ALMOST NOBODY"!

Yeah, I can wear this ring... AS A PINKIE RING!

So, that's the downside to these 2006 SDCC promo rings: They look really cool, but you have to be a child or a small woman to wear one on your middle finger, where it belongs!

Comment

updated the list

The List

A few new things, links to the next page at the bottom of each, and I found some mugs and a plastic glass I didnt know about before.
                      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

yo

any help is very much appreciated I know more then the few that have posted have some knowledge on this

If anyone can provide me with the JLU stuff John appears in/on that would also be fantastic
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

the EVS Hal Jordan comes out this week right

Comment

Originally posted by Tons T View Post
                            the EVS Hal Jordan comes out this week right
                            does it? sweet!!!! It may make up for the misery that will be Tuesday night.
                            My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

sorry if this was already brought up but I didn't have time to read this whole thread. anyway, I was with my friend visiting his gf in berlington vermont. Anyway they have some cool stuff there. there is a glass store with an $20000 star wars bong that had a lightsaber ight up under a black light. anyway, I also went into a comic book store and saw this:

Its hal jordan & Sinestro (in sinestro corps clothes) bookends. it was like $245 and really cool looking

Comment

yeah I have that on the list if you go to the first post there is a link to the merch list we have so far
                                My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X