This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I concur.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I'll still see it, though it will probably be on Netflix. If Sandler wasn't in it, I'd have a better chance of seeing it in theaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
        I liked that movie better when it was one of Futurama's Tales of Interest.
        But did Futurama copy it from the original short film this is based on?

Comment

• Originally posted by robojac View Post
          As a fan of this franchise I should be excited but I'm not. This idea sounds just as terrible as the female Ghostbusters reboot. It's like Sony's apologizing for doing a female GB movie with this announcement. People wonder why Bill Murray wants nothing to do with GB anymore. Sony's doing the same thing they did with the canceled The Amazing Spider-Man movie spin-offs. The GB franchise should be left alone. It's been almost 26 years since the last movie and they waited too long to make another one. GB 3 has been dead for so long that I think fans have moved on. This idea could have possibly worked in the lates 1980s and 1990s when it was very popular because GB had 2 cartoon spin-offs, 1 sequel, and a few comic books series.

It seems like Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd have gotten over the death of Harold Ramis and now want to capitalize on what Disney's doing with their Marvel Cinematic Universe and Lucasfilm properties. It also sounds like Aykroyd will be going back to the crazy ideas he wrote for the original GB film before Reitman and Ramis came on board to heavily change it. I don't think this GB universe will work without Bill Murray or Harold Ramis (RIP).

I think this is a bad idea and Ghostbusters should be laid to rest. It had it's time and Sony should move on and do something original. Also I like Chris Pratt in GotG but he's spreading himself thin with these franchises. I'm not happy about his involvement in this or the Indiana Jones reboot(another franchise that should be left alone). Don't get me started on Channing Tatum. The Russo Brothers I like more than Paul Feig but I rather see them continue with Marvel Studios/Disney and do something that's not GB at Sony. That's just my 2 cents.
          mmm i dont know i mean the russos proved what they can do with captain america so im going to wait before i start hating on it

as i said many times move away from the comedy route and do a pg-13ish horror gb that way they dont have to worry about finding who can fill ramis and murrys shoes

and i have to say for the female version they shouldve gotten the chick who plays felicity because at least shes believable when it comes to computer science. other than her who else can really fit that particular role?
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• If you move away from the comedy route, in what way is it still recognizably "Ghostbusters"?

"Hey, let's make a movie that really isn't much like Ghostbusters, but still call it Ghostbusters! That way we can bring in people with brand recognition! Sure, anybody that was brought in that way will not be getting what they expect, and will probably be unpleasantly surprised, but hey, we spent the money on the license already, right?"
            Mister Ed
            Horse of a Different Color
            Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-18-2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              If you move away from the comedy route, in what way is it still recognizably "Ghostbusters"?
              but if you focus all on comedy and not horror how can it be ghostbusters? i believe it falls under the comedy/horror category

i mean lets face it its a mix of both and maybe im a new breed when it comes to comedy but i just cant see a reboot working like that with todays comedians. i just dont want it to become a 2 hour film on fart jokes and god awful bathroom humor

i just cant

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                but if you focus all on comedy and not horror how can it be ghostbusters? i believe it falls under the comedy/horror category
                Who said anything about focusing all on comedy? You were the one talking about moving AWAY from the comedy and just making it a PG-13 horror flick. THAT was what I was responding to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                  But did Futurama copy it from the original short film this is based on?

No; the episode I'm referencing, "Anthology of Interest II," originally aired January 6, 2002. The short film I'm seeing Pixels is based on was released in 2010.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    No; the episode I'm referencing, "Anthology of Interest II," originally aired January 6, 2002. . .
                    That is probably my favorite of the short stories (and a favorite moments of the show period). "I had another life."

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      That is probably my favorite of the short stories (and a favorite moments of the show period). "I had another life."

It is a very good short. I understand why it's being emulated, it's funny and appeals to pop culture both new and old.

Comment

• Steven Spielberg Plugs in For Warner Bros.’ ‘Ready Player One’

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Arrow’ Star Stephen Amell Lands Casey Jones Role in ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ (EXCLUSIVE)

Stephen Amell has been tapped to play Casey Jones in “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2″ for Paramount and Platinum Dunes.

Megan Fox is set to return as April O’Neil. Will Arnett is also returning. David Green is directing the pic. Plot details and information on other returning cast members are still unknown.

A loner who becomes an ally of the turtles and a love interest for O’Neil, Jones is a fan favorite of the series going back to when Elias Koteas played him in the 1990 New Line pic.

Michael Bay is producing along with his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec are penning the script.

Amell tested with a half-dozen actors over the weekend, but it was his chemistry with Fox that led to the studio eventually giving the role to the star of CW’s “Arrow.” Paramount had no comment on the casting.

The “Turtles” franchise is one of Paramount’s top properties following its success last summer, when it earned $191 million domestically — so much so that Paramount dated the sequel for 2016 before even locking down a director or cast.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/s...es-1201459533/

Comment

Working...
                                X