"Nerd" ridicule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
    My litmus test for nerd is based on if it negatively affects your life. If you get pussy on a regular basis, who really gives a fuck if someone thinks you're a nerd? If you're married, have a girlfriend, or have the basic social skills to attract the opposite sex...then enjoy and embrace your inner geek. Screw everyone else.
    My hobbies don't have a significant bearing on my life. I'm socially inept all by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CYLON (13) View Post
      That sounds like a pretty sweet tattoo! I've always hung out with people with similar interest, so I've never really been given any guff over reading comics and such.

Well actually, I might have been laughed at a bit in high school. But for me that was a while ago...now I feel old.
      I also have a half finished collage of The Crow on my back.

Inly if you knew me personally would you fully think i was into comic books.

Comment

Sometimes people don't understand this kind of hobbie. They think i'm strange or crazy.. But i really don't care. This make happy & hope someday to share it with my children
        I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
          I also have a half finished collage of The Crow on my back.

Inly if you knew me personally would you fully think i was into comic books.

if your into comics so what? i remember having a ex gf who gave me an ultimatum and that was either give up star wars nerdgasim and become a preppy or she is out... i told her to leave. i told her to leave because not of the sw thing but i will never and i mean never ever become a preppy.
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I guess I get "Nerd-ridicule" from my dad, not really so much though .

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I'm pretty much one of the few people at my Univeristy who enjoys stuff like Sci Fi, Comics or video games. Most people there are farmers and who all like the same things, yes this has earned me some ridicule. Some of the friends I have made there also ridiculed me for it, even though at their age they still watch old Disney films and Twilight <shudders> I feel it's kinda hypocritical of them.

Luckily I know a couple of people who are into nerdy things as much as me and I have plenty of friends who accept what I like, I wouldn't change who I am for the world.
              I think Green Lantern is a pretty cool guy, eh overcomes graet fear and doesnt afraid of Sinestro.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                if your into comics so what? i remember having a ex gf who gave me an ultimatum and that was either give up star wars nerdgasim and become a preppy or she is out... i told her to leave. i told her to leave because not of the sw thing but i will never and i mean never ever become a preppy.
                Wtf is a preppy?

Comment

Think Zack Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                    Wtf is a preppy?
                    A conspiracy theorist

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                      Wtf is a preppy?
                      A "preppy" is someone who is overly concerned about material wealth. It was chosen to ridicule children of wealth who were sent to "Prep Schools" or "Prepatory Schools".

The prototypical "preppy look" would be roughly...

Comment

My dad likes to give me crap about it from time to time, but I just say usually "You have your smoking, I have my comics."

Comment

You shouldn't pick on someone for being nerdy, but some nerds take their hobby WAY too far. They do need to go outside and get some exposure to sunlight and the real world.
                          SD80MAC
                          Not a True Fan
                          Last edited by SD80MAC; 06-05-2010, 07:40 PM.
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                            You should pick on someone for being nerdy, but some nerds take their hobby WAY too far. They do need to go outside and get some exposure to sunlight and the real world.
                            http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sHaveStandards

Even Nerds Have Standards. I like to think I have a good social and outdoor life alongside my love for comics, games and sci fi.
                            I think Green Lantern is a pretty cool guy, eh overcomes graet fear and doesnt afraid of Sinestro.

Comment

I meant to say "shouldn't" in my original post, but typed it wrong. All fixed now.
                              The last fan of 1990s comics
                              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                                You shouldn't pick on someone for being nerdy, but some nerds take their hobby WAY too far. They do need to go outside and get some exposure to sunlight and the real world.
                                Sun light is completely over rated.
                                Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                                Nor label his working day "cushy"
                                But you might have to question
                                His endless obsession
                                With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Working...
                                X