Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Is it decently playable without micotransactions? I can live without being Luke if it doesn't mean the rich kids are winning every battle.
    I am usually at the middle of the pack, I'm not even double digit level yet. Having Luke or Darth can be a big advantage, but honestly it really depends on how well you stick with the objectives and keep a good kill/death ratio, without using up all your teams re-reinforcement points by being suicidal. I don't even want Luke or Darth, I never chose them as heroes on the last game. I'm more about Boba.
    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Comment

• Shots fired by Ubisoft
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Top 5 Easter eggs of 2017

Comment

• Cinemassacre Highlights of 2017

Goddamn, so much has happened! And thanks to watching this gem, I now have to get a copy of The Green Slime (1968).

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                ...And thanks to watching this gem, I now have to get a copy of The Green Slime (1968).
                It really is not one of Japan's best. If you have any chance to see it without buying it, I'd recommend that. I'd lend you my copy if I you were local. I got it because I couldn't rent it, but I doubt I'll re-watch it anytime soon.

Comment

• YouTube has it...in Japanese.

Not going to trawl through every search result when I just want a cheesy schlock-fest to snicker at.

Of course, searching eBay turned up a two-on-offer listing, Green Slime and Them!. I'm now reminded that I haven't seen Them!, so I just added it to my Netflix queue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    Started up New Vegas earlier before I headed to my dad's, just to get past the tutorial, really. Gonna make a Great Khan character as per FudgeMuppet.

When I was about to leave my dad's after watching Dr. Strange, he talked me into watching him play a match of Fortnite: Battle Royale. He's done fairly well a lot, making the top 20 and better a few times. As I watched, he managed to get incredibly lucky with some early shotgun kills and loot discoveries, and then proceeded to wait things out by hiding in bushes and letting other players kill each other.

Storm eye shrinking worked in his favor since he got a good landing zone, so he hardly had to move far, and more lucky kills and loot, and then it was suddenly him and two other players. One of whom had a missile launcher.

But my dad had the best rifle in the game, the gold SCAR, and his shots and the shrinking storm eye forced the missile player to abandon his mega-base on the hill and charge my dad. Lucky rocket dodges and suddenly Dad was victorious.

508 matches, and 1 win to show for it. Worth it.

(And he's in his mid-60s, so this isn't exactly easy for him, either!)

Fortnite is the only game I've been playing outside of sports games. And its free so I love it that much more!

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      Fortnite is the only game I've been playing outside of sports games. And its free so I love it that much more!
                      My brother in law is trying to get me to play that now that I have a PS4, I couldn't tell if I would be interested or not yet, I'll keep it on the radar.

PS4 games so far:
                      Wasteland 2
                      Stardew Valley
                      Transformers: Devastation
                      Killing Floor 2
                      Dying Light
                      Last of Us Remastered.

I've only tried half of these so far, PS4 was a Christmas present.

Comment

• :Moderator:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Only a few hours in but this game is awesome. If you like South Park, the first game, or Tactics style RPGs, definitely worth checking out.
                        sigpic
                        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Make sure you fight Morgan Freeman.

Comment

• I finished the story mode and beat the basic towers (arcade mode) with every character in Mortal Kombat XL. I thought the story mode was weaker than in #9, but then again, MK didn't even have a story mode before that, so I can't complain too much about that. And I liked it enough that I decided to replay it (partly because it's the only XBox One game I own). At least they added a lot of new characters.

Comment

• :Moderator:

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                              Make sure you fight Morgan Freeman.
                              Will do!
                              sigpic
                              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X