WonderCon 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UltimateFighter View Post
    Sylent & Darth - Maybe after you see or hear of some awesome exclusive you'll find a way to go.
    I'm heavily leaning towards not going, even though my wife kind of encouraged me to go since I didn't go last year. Honestly, I'd rather go back to Emerald City than support WC. My thing is, I'm still upset they went back to Anaheim, after telling fans that this was a one-year thing while Moscone was being renovated. I believe they could have found a way to keep the show in NoCal for the fans that initially supported it, but greed got the better of them. There were a multitude of other nearby venues they could have explored. This was supposed to be a local show, but they turned it into an 8-hour drive + hotel costs for Bay Area fans.

Over the weekend, a buddy that owns a comic shop and I were discussing our disgust of the WC and their move, and he mentioned that last year, they (WC) said that it was the "first Annual Anaheim WonderCon" which if you read between the lines means, they plan on keeping it there.

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
    Does Wondercon usually sell out very early?
    WonderCon has never sold out of tickets... but they did sell out to the Bay Area.

Comment

Oh Sylent.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Oh, what?

Comment

I'm not happy they left the Bay Area too. I understand it's not 100% totally official that Anaheim is it's permanent home. I hope not but I'm skeptical too. I would not go but I'm on vacation and already had a thought to visit my family (mom, dad, sister) in SoCal so I figure why not do it during WC.

Anyways, Sylent I respect your position. I'll keep you posted if I end up going or not. If I do, maybe you'll soften your stance and you can let me know if there is anything you want me to pick up for you.

BTW, I do believe in 2011, the last Moscone WC, that Saturday did sell out like the day before/day of. You could not walk up and buy a badge on Saturday morning but even if you had planned a tiny bit before to go you were OK.
          UltimateFighter
          Fatality's Blacksmith
          Last edited by UltimateFighter; 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
            Oh, what?
            "Oh Sheila" ... Ready for the World.
            UltimateFighter
            Fatality's Blacksmith
            Last edited by UltimateFighter; 01-22-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

LOL! "Oh, oh, oh!"

If there is a REALLY good exclusive, I might make time for a day trip with some friends, but right now, it's 90/10 against... and thanks UF! I just might take you up on that offer.

Comment

BUT I'M GONNA BE THERE!!!! That should be worth the trip alone

Comment

Just got the email that WonderCon tixs/badges are now on sale and YES you do need a Member ID to buy.

Comment

I just purchased my ticket.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Do y'all think Wondercon will sellout two weeks from now?

Comment

Doubtful. If it sells out, it would be the weekend of.

Last I checked, I didn't even see any noteworthy guests. Then again, that was a long time ago.
                        Sylent_Asassin
                        Black Lantern
                        Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Okay because I could use my credit card but I rather not and just wait two weeks to purchase the three day pass.

Comment

Don't wait. Do it now. Anything can happen from here until then, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

THE TURTLE GOD IS HEADING TO WONDERCON~~~~~

Comment

Guys, give me 1 tourist thing to do while I'm in southern cali.

Comment

Working...
                                X