Comics Recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comics Recommendations.

I haven't seen a thread like this one, so I got an idea. This thread is for recommending comics. Here's how it works. I will recommend a storyline/issue/mini series to everyone, ask for a recommendation regarding a certain character I don't know much about, and the next poster must recommend a comic for the last person and ask for a recommendation.

I recommend: Robin II: Joker's Wild mini series.

Recommend me: Thor. I don't know much about him and would like to learn more, so I'm looking for some good modern retellings of his origin and early adventures if applicable.

Any old Thor will do. I can't be more specific because I liked everything up until they killed him off a few years ago, then brought him back. You should find some great deals on used paperback editions of Marvel Masterworks. Check Amazon, but don't be afraid to search because Amazon does not always have the best price.

Covers:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/thor/2

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/thor/3

... and so on, here's a wallpaper I made a couple of years ago:

Comment

Originally posted by MasonACBB View Post
      I recommend: Robin II: Joker's Wild mini series.
      Ew. I don't... And I was actually alive and collecting comics when it was published.

Comment

I hate to make a Joker recommendation, since there already was one. But this is the read that got my back into comics a couple of years ago.

Joker: The Graphics Novel
        by: Brian Azzarello

If you've ever wanted to tap deep into the psyche of the Joker, then I recommend reading it. Azzarello writes a great story, showing more off about the Joker then just about any story I've ever ready.

And Bermejo's art is perfect for the character.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I thought the point of this thread was for people to fill recommendations like prescriptions not name their favorite stories.

So recommend me.......something ridiculously crazy(but obviously enjoyable!)

Comment

"Last Stand of the Wreckers"

That´s crazy and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              So recommend me.......something ridiculously crazy(but obviously enjoyable!)
              Rock of Ages

It's a JLA story by Grant Morrison. It's almost exactly like Final Crisis only it makes sense and it's good.

Comment

Check out Y: The Last Man. Even just the first trade. You'll own all 10 trades within a month.

Can anybody recommend a good stand alone mini or arc that's collected in hardcover? I love done in one books that don't require a commitment to the character or book. Watchmen, New Frontier, DKR, Ultimates (1 and 2), Born Again, that kind of thing. I wouldn't mind a Batman story, but not something that's tied into what's going on in the actual books. Those things are all about what event is happening.
                Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
                Moisture Farmer
                Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 08-01-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Spawn Origins Volume 1, you wanna know why Todd McFarlane is a big deal read that trade and you will know

Comment

Oh God no.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                      Can anybody recommend a good stand alone mini or arc that's collected in hardcover? I love done in one books that don't require a commitment to the character or book. Watchmen, New Frontier, DKR, Ultimates (1 and 2), Born Again, that kind of thing. I wouldn't mind a Batman story, but not something that's tied into what's going on in the actual books. Those things are all about what event is happening.
                      The deluxe edition of Batwoman: Elegy just came out recently. It was my favorite superhero story from last year. It's written by by Greg Rucka with art by J.H. Williams III. It's six issues and self-contained.

Comment

Oh God no.
                        Oh come on, those 6 issues were great.

Comment

if you like scifi and horror mixed i suggest you look online for the dead space animated comics. they were only released as a online thing. the art work is eh but the story is nice though.

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

The Walking Dead. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by metalliccorps View Post
                              The deluxe edition of Batwoman: Elegy just came out recently. It was my favorite superhero story from last year. It's written by by Greg Rucka with art by J.H. Williams III. It's six issues and self-contained.
                              Co-sign that recommendation. Very good story. Especially the last three issues collected there.

Comment

Working...
                              X