This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    Rollins sounded like a ten year old boy from the safest place in the world.
    Hardly. And at least with Rollins, I could understand Wog. Madsen's voice was so raspy and weak at times I had to replay scenes just to get what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
      Yes, and I say that with Under the Red Hood as one my favorites. Here's what my Top 5 DC Animated movie list looks like now:

1. Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
      2. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
      3. Batman: Under the Red Hood
      4. Wonder Woman
      5. Justice League: A New Frontier
      Wow, that's high praise. Maybe I shouldn't have passed on it today.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
        Wow, that's high praise. Maybe I shouldn't have passed on it today.
        If you consider yourself a Green Lantern fan, then I highly recommend buying it.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
          If you consider yourself a Green Lantern fan, then I highly recommend buying it.
          Which I obviously do so I obviously will.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• what a great film

Comment

• Emerald Knights was beyond epic and easily the best DC animated movie to date. My favorite was the Abin Sur story then Kilowog's training. It's so awesome that a two different points in the movie my mom and dad each sat and watched it for a little bit and they haven't done that with an animated movie since I was little. My only complaint was the end against Krona could have been a wee bit better imo. Simply a great movie overall and definitely worth the buy. A bit off topic but Batman: Year One looks like it's going to be insanely sweet btw.
              In blackest day or brightest night,
              ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
              Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
              With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

• Hello my fellow GL fans. At my local Target, I brought the Green Lantern:Emerald Knights DVD and two Green Lantern Movie action figures (Sinestro & Kilowog) with power rings included in both. This marks the beginning of my GL movie merch. collection. This month's going to be good to be a GL fan, but it's going to be bad for my wallet. I won't get ROTM video game until I get a Playstation 3. I haven't seen GL:EK yet, but I'll try to when I have the time. The positive comments here makes it's hard for me to resist, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLanternFan5289 View Post
                  Emerald Knights was beyond epic and easily the best DC animated movie to date. My favorite was the Abin Sur story then Kilowog's training. It's so awesome that a two different points in the movie my mom and dad each sat and watched it for a little bit and they haven't done that with an animated movie since I was little. My only complaint was the end against Krona could have been a wee bit better imo. Simply a great movie overall and definitely worth the buy. A bit off topic but Batman: Year One looks like it's going to be insanely sweet btw.
                  agreed on the krona argument
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• the extra stuff will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Echo7Solo View Post
                      the extra stuff will piss you off.
                      Special features these days piss me off all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                        Man the Sinestro figure is tiny. It didn't have any articulation that I could see. I passed on it . . .
                        Well, technically you can turn his head side to side and the arms move (but don't bend) up and down, but it is essentially a mini-statue. I still think it looks cool and I found a free spot on the bookcase for it.

Originally posted by robojac View Post
                        Hello my fellow GL fans. At my local Target, I brought the Green Lantern:Emerald Knights DVD and two Green Lantern Movie action figures (Sinestro & Kilowog) with power rings included in both. This marks the beginning of my GL movie merch. collection. This month's going to be good to be a GL fan, but it's going to be bad for my wallet. I won't get ROTM video game until I get a Playstation 3. I haven't seen GL:EK yet, but I'll try to when I have the time. The positive comments here makes it's hard for me to resist, though.

Welcome to our world! Years ago, when GL was second or third tier it was very easy to keep up with all of the merch. Nowadays, however, I can't. I'll be very picky when it comes to the movie stuff.

Comment

• Just saw it. Overall, I give it 3.5 out of 5 "stars".

I am curious as to why, in a story about Krona, one of the "tales" wasn't his origin?? Also, disappointed in Ysmault, very tame & not up to Alan Moore's insane original.

I would also have liked to see the origin of the Manhunters & Ch'p's backstory, which is really great. Lastly:

Open Memo To Bruce Timm,

1. Power Rings are Not laser-guns.
                          2. There's more to science fiction than spaceships + laser bolt fights. Please see: Frank Herbert, Harlan Ellison, Octavia Butler, Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, Isaac Asimove etc. Also, many issues of Green Lantern!

Thank you for your time.

Comment

• I get the increasing feeling that Bruce Timm just fails to "get" Green Lantern on a fundamental level.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                              I get the increasing feeling that Bruce Timm just fails to "get" Green Lantern on a fundamental level.
                              agreed but why do they keep letting him near the product

Comment

• Originally posted by havik View Post
                                agreed but why do they keep letting him near the product
                                Because he's Bruce Timm... and much like Nolan, he can "do no wrong" in their eyes :\

Comment

Working...
                                X