Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links to the various places you can get these digitally.

Comment

• Joshua Williamson announced that issue #762 will be his final issue on Flash., he'll have written 105 issues of Flash when his run wraps up.

DC announced that Supergirl #42 will be final issue of the series, issues #41 and #42 will be digital only. Same for The Terrifics, which will conclude with issue #30 with issues #28-30 being digital only.

All the digital only issues will be included in the physical trades when those are released.

Comment

• And what am I supposed to tell my customers who have either or both of those titles on their pull lists?

Comment

• So two titles will end with digital only? Wow. I never thought I'd see that from DC. That's kind of a big middle finger to the readers who stuck with those titles for the monthly copies. Hey, you bought 28 issues of this series, but if you want the end you can double dip for the trade!

Comment

• I'm actually kind of surprised DC is only doing this for 2 titles considering Marvel is doing it to 8.

Comment

• Now that I think about it, a few years ago DC DID do this to me. There was a Vigilante mini series that was to no one's surprise a complete dud, and the mini series was cancelled with IIRC 2 issues left to come out. DC said they would put those 2 issues into a trade to finish off the story, and I assumed there was no way they would follow through with that promise. Shockingly, several months later, DC actually DID put out that Vigilante trade collecting that mini series in its entirety.

Comment

• Oh yeah, that Southland series. I remember that.

Comment

• DC Launches Surprise New 'Digital First' DCEASED Series; No Print Plans Announced
                  Available on digital platforms immediately, Tuesday morning DC announced the launch of the twice-monthly DCeased: Hope at World’s End. A 14-chapter limited series by writer Tom Taylor set in the span of the time jump in DCeased #5 (before the fall of Earth), the series leads into the now-July launch of DCeased’s sequel, DCeased: Dead Planet.

"DCeased: Hope at World’s End will expand the story of the Anti-Life War, featuring Superman and Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Stephanie Brown, Wally West, Jimmy Olsen, and more," reads DC's official description.

And while print editions of Dead Planet #1 will arrive in comic book shops in July day-and-date with its digital release, Hope at World’s End appears to be exclusive to digital platforms for now. The publisher did not indicate when or even if the series will be available in print in their announcement.
                  The series will be illustrated by Dustin Nguyen, Renato Guedes, Carmine Di Giandomenico and Marco Failla, with cover art by Ben Oliver, Francesco Mattina and Yasmine Putri.

Comment

• They might add that to the Unkillables collected editions, since that series was just half as long as the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Speaking of the name change did we ever get new names for the rest of the Shazam family? Is Mary Marvel now Mary Shazam? Because that sounds stupid as hell.
                      Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                      No we never got new names for the rest of them. Suzie Shazam sounds about as 1940's as Mary Marvel, but DC needs to figure out which corner they've backed into to get out of first.
                      So in DCeased: Unkillables #3 she's called Mary Marvel. It's an alternate universe but it seems to branch out of a post-Rebirth universe.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

DC announced that Supergirl #42 will be final issue of the series, issues #41 and #42 will be digital only. Same for The Terrifics, which will conclude with issue #30 with issues #28-30 being digital only.

All the digital only issues will be included in the physical trades when those are released.
                          I'm not one to criticize since I don't know everything that's going on at DC in this unprecedented situation, but I can understand how some readers/collectors would be upset by this. If someone is a hardcore Supergirl comic collector, he/she now has to buy a trade (and not everyone likes those) or have an incomplete run. DC should really think about printing these later if enough people ask for that.
                          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• But enough people won't ask for it. That's why they're doing this.

Comment

• A few thoughts/comments:
                              • The thing I'm excited most about when it comes to Batman: Three Jokers is the prospect of Jason Fabok working on a new project after this comes out.
                              • Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Legends of the Dark Knights may be the most ridiculous title I've ever seen. It has both "Dark Nights" and "Dark Knights" in it!
                              • I like that Kenneth Rocafort is finally getting to work with a good writer but I think he's a poor fit for Batman based off those covers.
                              • Harley Quinn may be cancelled with issue #75 but Humphries already confirmed that a relaunch is in the works with a new creative team.
                              • Can we just get normal Dick Grayson back please? Him teaming up with the Joker to hunt the Batfamily after this Ric Grayson shit is so blah.
                              • My disappointment over Mikel Janin being unable to do two Wonder Woman issues in a row is immeasureable.
                              • I think Nick Robles is going to be a star.
                              • Feel like Damian should look older on that Batman Beyond cover.
                              • I wish Spurrier was doing a longer arc on JL. I like Rick & Morty but I'm not a fan of any of the comic work Jeff Loveness has done.
                              • I wonder when we'll get a new regular team on Justice League, not till after Death Metal wraps up?
                              • This is what happens when you launch an ongoing with Ryan Sook as the artist: Beginning a special two-part comics storytelling event! Over the course of two spectacular issues, 44 artists will dive into the 31st century—with each page starring a different Legionnaire!
                              • $75 for a 320 page HC is pretty steep.
                              • Who is the target audience for that Blackest Night boxset? I'd like to meet them.
                              • Releasing an expanded edition of the Super Sons Omnibus less than 2 years after the first version came out seems shitty.
                              • Covers I like:

Comment

• Damn, I might have to get that Aquaman cover.
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X