This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    ^Yeah, IIRC, in the miniseries, some of the others were introduced (as other orphans in Billy's foster home) but they never received powers or hero names.
    No they definitely got powers:

Comment

• Geez, I guess I need to re-read that.

Comment

• I'm not sure I buy into the idea that a hero HAS to have something dark in their past, or some major flaw to overcome. I don't have a problem enjoying a well told story where they DO, but I always get nervous when they focus on a character and talk about how they are "too perfect", as it can lead to some really stupid and damaging decisions to wreck stuff about the character just to give them an arc where they "overcome their inner demons/dark past/major character flaw".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          I'm not sure I buy into the idea that a hero HAS to have something dark in their past, or some major flaw to overcome. I don't have a problem enjoying a well told story where they DO, but I always get nervous when they focus on a character and talk about how they are "too perfect", as it can lead to some really stupid and damaging decisions to wreck stuff about the character just to give them an arc where they "overcome their inner demons/dark past/major character flaw".
          Agreed. I suppose dark secrets and orphans are more common in comic book heroes but in real life or comics I don't particularly see a problem with a hero whose baggage is no more than your average human (or Martian) imperfections.

Comment

• Then again, this could be J'onn's Mister Miracle maxiseries. It's way past time he got the spotlight again. His DC You series was missed by 99.3% of comic book readers, and before that, the last time he was relevant was when the New52 launched Wildstorm's Stormwatch book with him as a charter member, and that went with replacing him with Cyborg in the Justice League.
            If it takes a shoehorned origin trauma, meh, whatever. At least that creates a bit of hype around the book.

Comment

• DC Comics December 2018 Solicitations

Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore...the fact that it'll be recolored makes me nervous though.

Comment

• Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing?!? Finally?!? Take my money!!!!

I am going to read the solicits now so maybe this has been answered, but perhapsDC can get Tatjana Wood to redo the colors?

Comment

• Catwoman by Mike Mignola

Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• So DC is going to use 3 absolutes to collect Moore's Swamp Thing run. I assume a year after that they will collect it all in one omnibus. 46 issues.

Comment

• Yeah, I scratched my head as well.
                      They better offer a tremendous amount of bonus material.

Comment

• At this point as much as I love the absolute line, I'd actually rather they did an omnibus first. DC did a bronze age Swampy omnibus that collected from House Of Secrets 92 all the way to the issue before Moore took over. All in one volume complete. I really want a 2nd omnibus to pick up there and go all the way to the end of Moores run. The last one was 45 issues, which is about the same number of issues as Moores run. It would be perfect.

Comment

• Doomsday Clock #7 features Alan Scott's Lantern on the cover for those of you looking for the return of the JSA in this series....

EDIT: First pages literally deal with how Manhattan took out Alan Scott. JSA fans should definitely be checking this out.

Ωmega Man
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Ωmega Man; 09-26-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Batman by Mike Mignola

Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X