No announcement yet.

Sideshow 1/6 DC figure line (SDCC 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sideshow 1/6 DC figure line (SDCC 2014)

Holy shit, these are AMAZING!

http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/24/si...cc-2014-130057

Look at the costumes on those Flash and GL figures! THAT'S how you do movie costumes! They have the scaly mesh Hollywood likes to use on costumes like Spiderman, Supes, etc. They have texture and lines, and all the crap people think need to make the costumes look updated. IMO, THIS is what the comics should be doing with the costumes. I'd much rather see THIS Flash in the comics than that crappy 52 costume. Imagine THAT in the new Flash tv show!

I haven't seen a GL product in a while I felt compelled to buy, but I may have to pick up this Sideshow Green Lantern. It's just...gorgeous. Everything feels right about it. Any liberties they take with the costume (boots for instance) just works. It'd be great if the GL in the JLA movie looked like this.

Is it just me or does it look like Michael Fassbender is under the Flash one?

I might give someone a handsky for the 89' Batman one.
    JohnnyV
    Pictionary Master
    Last edited by JohnnyV; 07-25-2014, 05:24 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post

Look at the costumes on those Flash and GL figures! THAT'S how you do movie costumes! They have the scaly mesh Hollywood likes to use on costumes like Spiderman, Supes, etc. They have texture and lines, and all the crap people think need to make the costumes look updated. IMO, THIS is what the comics should be doing with the costumes. I'd much rather see THIS Flash in the comics than that crappy 52 costume. Imagine THAT in the new Flash tv show!

I haven't seen a GL product in a while I felt compelled to buy, but I may have to pick up this Sideshow Green Lantern. It's just...gorgeous. Everything feels right about it. Any liberties they take with the costume (boots for instance) just works. It'd be great if the GL in the JLA movie looked like this.
      This GL will be a must for my collection.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
      Is it just me or does it look like Michael Fassbender is under the Flash one?

I might give someone a handsky for the 89' Batman one.
      Then be prepared to do that 10 times or more because that figure will be about $350.
      Big Blue Lantern
      Corps Honor Guard
      Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 09-13-2016, 10:18 AM.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

That's gonna be one sore hand!

Comment

Thank you for posting that, now I KNOW I don't need to waste my money on these. Definitely sticking with my DC Direct 1:6 Scale GL figures, as they gave me what I wanted: A GL that looks like he stepped out of the COMIC, not off the set of a modern Hollywood movie with over-designed costumes. I wish DC Direct had used metallic gold on the Flash's costume the way Sideshow's doing, rather than yellow, but oh well.

The day DC Direct/DC Collectibles decided to stop making new 1:6 scale figures was a dark day, indeed.

Comment

That's gonna be one sore hand!
            When I see people who have collections of 30-50 Sideshow figures and/or statues, I assume that they also have six-figure salaries.

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
            Thank you for posting that, now I KNOW I don't need to waste my money on these. Definitely sticking with my DC Direct 1:6 Scale GL figures, as they gave me what I wanted: A GL that looks like he stepped out of the COMIC, not off the set of a modern Hollywood movie with over-designed costumes. I wish DC Direct had used metallic gold on the Flash's costume the way Sideshow's doing, rather than yellow, but oh well.

The day DC Direct/DC Collectibles decided to stop making new 1:6 scale figures was a dark day
            , indeed.
            That's so true. I really wish the DCC would put out detailed 1/6 figures of the New 52 JL at least. Whether they were cloth clothes or just larger versions of the current 6.75" DCC figs, I'd buy them.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I've noticed that some online stores are accepting pre-orders for the GL fig with an estimated release date of Q1, 2016. It looks like this is going to be in the $250 range.

Comment

I looked at Sideshow's website and it's officially listed as $219, with the option of flex payments for pre-order. Flex payments can be stretched out to 4 monthly payments of $49.50 with a Non-Refundable Deposit of $22.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...ibles-1003351/

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  I looked at Sideshow's website and it's officially listed as $219, with the option of flex payments for pre-order. Flex payments can be stretched out to 4 monthly payments of $49.50 with a Non-Refundable Deposit of $22.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...ibles-1003351/

I really like it, and I like that the only light-up aspect seems to be the lantern. I didn't like the idea of wires being in the figure's arm. And the costume is just gorgeous.

Comment

This figure is hitting the market later this month. I've seen a couple of lucky collectors who got one early. This will ease the sting of the Play Imaginative GL getting cancelled.

Comment

I got mine today and I certainly think collectors will have mixed reactions to this. The overall appearance is quite pleasant, but there are a couple of glaring problems. I'll post an in-depth review with plenty of pics over the next 48 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                        I got mine today and I certainly think collectors will have mixed reactions to this. The overall appearance is quite pleasant, but there are a couple of glaring problems. I'll post an in-depth review with plenty of pics over the next 48 hrs.
                        So.... howsabout posting that review?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                          So.... howsabout posting that review?
                          Whoa...I totally forgot. I'll try to get to that this week.

Comment

I never ended up getting one of these.

Comment

Sorry that this took so long, guys.

There are plenty of positives and negatives to this figure. These are only the first wave of pics that I took. I'll get around to
                              some other accessories soon.

In terms of merely setting on a shelf, this piece looks really sweet. The proportions are realistic and the costume looks like a functional material
                              that a soldier might wear. He stands a little shorter than I would have liked: about 11" tall without the stand.

The headsculpt is brilliant. The hair looks life-like despite being molded. The facial features are realistic and the mask GORGEOUS. Light dances on the mask giving it almost a ceramic appearance. I have to wonder why WB couldn't commission something that looked this good for the film. The eyes are white, but not expressionless.

Big Blue Lantern
                              Corps Honor Guard
                              Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 06-13-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X