Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action Figure Collector tips, tricks, and Q and A thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are pretty informative, so I have a question for all of ya. I want to frame a Marvel Universe 3.75" figure MOSC somewhere in my house, any of you recommend a plastic or glass frame it could fit into?

Comment

I used a plastic beanie baby holder for my dcd cyborg supes once but if you are looking to frame and hang on a wall you might want a shadowbox like thing from michaels or hobby lobby....My LCS sells display covers too but for 6 inch in box figures and sports displays for like a football or basketball something like that might work

Comment

If you have a Tap Plastics anywhere in your area, they sell those kinds of containers to house sports memorabilia like Footballs and Basketballs. They have several different sizes so it should be large enough to accommodate action figures.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look into shadowboxes, and I'm not sure I have a Tap Plastics around me. Something for a 6-inch figure will work to, I could suspend it within.

Comment

You guys are great, have another iffy. Bought a cheapo DCUC Sinestro from the GL 5-pack to swap heads with a spare Skallox head I have. So I pulled off the head and it came off easily, but for some reason, I had to go, so I popped his head back on. Don't know why at all, seemed like a good idea at the time. So a day later, went back at it, pulled of Sinestie's head and the ball joints that hold his head and connect it to his body came out. So now I have a GL body with stump that has a hole on it. How do I replace the balljoint that used to be there? Do they sell spare balljoints?
            Scythe
            The Red Lantern
            Last edited by Scythe; 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I don't know where posting this :

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
                You guys are great, have another iffy. Bought a cheapo DCUC Sinestro from the GL 5-pack to swap heads with a spare Skallox head I have. So I pulled off the head and it came off easily, but for some reason, I had to go, so I popped his head back on. Don't know why at all, seemed like a good idea at the time. So a day later, went back at it, pulled of Sinestie's head and the ball joints that hold his head and connect it to his body came out. So now I have a GL body with stump that has a hole on it. How do I replace the balljoint that used to be there? Do they sell spare balljoints?
                Boil water and soak the head then using a pair of pliers on the peg and a hand towel around the head with 30 seconds of removing from the water. You should be able remove the peg. After that it is a matter of forcing the peg back down the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                  Boil water and soak the head then using a pair of pliers on the peg and a hand towel around the head with 30 seconds of removing from the water. You should be able remove the peg. After that it is a matter of forcing the peg back down the hole
                  He's right. Happens to me all the time. I don't what he just said

Comment

Does anyone know what paint to use to make it look clear.
                    Trying to make constructs

Comment

I've been having trouble getting my figures to stand, i have tried blue tack, white tack and double sided tape but no luck. So i went into a Stationary store Ryman in the UK and found this Sticki Dots. I got the removable ones not the extra strength just in case they ruined the figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                        Thank you! Unfortunetly, the ball joint sorta came out with alittle too much force, I blame me not having enough time on my hands. So, to fix it, I made new balljoint out of a Revoltech joint I had laying around, works pretty good.

Comment

I use these to keep my figures standing, no residue and easily removable, plus you can cut them in half and go through less! This set is $9.99 and you can get it at most places that have a As seen on TV aisle or hardware stores.

"Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                            [B]Well you can also sculpt and mold your own displays our of resin. I am working on one for all my Corps rings it will be one piece and will have each corps emblem in it in that corps color, facing forward, with Ring Stands on the top for each ring. I also will be putting LED's in it in each color but I am going to pour it in layers each colored for the corps with a transparent layer where the corps emblem is so it lights up.
                            Have you finished your project, yet? Curious to see how it turned out.
                            "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                            "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                            "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                            "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                            *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

This may seem like an odd question but does anyone run into the issue of the legs on their figures spreading apart to far (yes I know this is rife for comedy). My figures seem to have a tendecy to stretch out in the legs are to the point where it looks like they are getting ready to do a split. My shelf is not near my heater or anything like that. Any insight as to why this happens? I was thinking of using rubber bands or those plastic ties to "bend" them back to the regular shape.
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Hey, guys. I just picked up a loose DCUC Batman Beyond on the cheap, but the previous owner appears to have colored the batarang black & red with Sharpies. Any idea how I might clean the ink off without completely destroying the batarang? Thanks.
                                I just wanna play.
                                I just wanna play a game.
                                One that you've never played before.
                                One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X