View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Got to say, I'm not a huge JSA fan. I wouldn't mind picking up period piece stories with them in the 40s once in a while or something, but on the whole they really strike me as just the JLA's predecessor... in the here and now they seem redundant and serve as just a constant reminder that nothing changes and no one -- not even 100 year old guys -- ever dies or hangs up their hat in DC. Basically, a truffle of nostalgia for the nostalgiacs (not to knock them... I'm a nostalgiac, too, but moreso I like to see things move forward, not backwards).

I do like seeing Alan, though... but how much is he even in it anymore? What was the last big "Alan Moment," and how many lines has he had in the past, oh, 4 issues/4 months? I've been picking up the Kingdom Come story (which is pretty cool, I think) and I can tell you you can probably count them on one hand, maybe two (he didn't even appear at all in the last issue, despite being on the cover). On the whole it just seems like he's there for the sake of him being there, some kind of token character... kind of like, "See? We have all the main JSA folks in the title, nevermind that we're not going to really do much with'em."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote