Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

GLCMB Video Game Draft Setup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
    you know what depending on how we do this we can have 17 people. Alright so have we agreed to what type of style we want to do this draft? Tournament or like the last one or some kind of new way.
    Here's how it SHOULD go down.

Tourney style.

~1 vs 1 where we vote on the following: theme(if present), "awesomeness"(your enjoyment of characters), power(if present), and campaign.

~Each campaign will be sent to 888 BEFORE the voting can begin(each battle will be a new thread). Campaigns are not limited to stories,posters, or signatures. Alternatively, competitors may choose not to campaign at all, but that SHOULD NOT hurt them only help the other team.

~Also, a BAD campaign should not be dictated as a better campaign than a team without one.

~If you miss your turn during the draft, you make your selection at the end of the ROUND.

~If you believe you may miss your turn during the draft, PLEASE send two or three ideal picks to a trustworthy member of the forum for him/her to maintain your place.

~When it comes to voting, criteria does not rank higher than one another. POWER means more to some than THEME, and so their vote is heavily influenced so.

~There is no LOSERS BRACKET. Once you lose, you must wait until proposed rules are set for other possible battles within(though after) the main tournament.

Comment

Explain what the campaign is. Is it like advertising for votes? Because the story part confuses me.

Comment

Stories, posters, signatures. Anything that tells the voter why you picked that team or why they should vote for you.

Comment

OH SHI-

OMFG I just had the best idea EVER!

but I'm not telling you what it is

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post

Tourney style.

~1 vs 1 where we vote on the following: theme(if present), "awesomeness"(your enjoyment of characters), power(if present), and campaign.

~Each campaign will be sent to 888 BEFORE the voting can begin(each battle will be a new thread). Campaigns are not limited to stories,posters, or signatures. Alternatively, competitors may choose not to campaign at all, but that SHOULD NOT hurt them only help the other team.

~Also, a BAD campaign should not be dictated as a better campaign than a team without one.

~If you miss your turn during the draft, you make your selection at the end of the ROUND.

~If you believe you may miss your turn during the draft, PLEASE send two or three ideal picks to a trustworthy member of the forum for him/her to maintain your place.

~When it comes to voting, criteria does not rank higher than one another. POWER means more to some than THEME, and so their vote is heavily influenced so.

~There is no LOSERS BRACKET. Once you lose, you must wait until proposed rules are set for other possible battles within(though after) the main tournament.
            Deal.

Could we start posting already?

Comment

I believe we have.

Comment

Yeah. But could GL888 finally make it official? I want to unleash my team on you guys.

Comment

I'll make it official soon let me just look over what West said.
                  No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Enjoy. Its simple and should be the basics for any draft we have from here on out.

Comment

• The "campaign" part is too vague. Why do we send it to GL888? What do we send to GL888?

And "awesomeness" is a bit too arbitrary, don't you think? I'd be fine with just Theme and Power.

Comment

• Originally posted by allwillbemine View Post
                        The "campaign" part is too vague. Why do we send it to GL888? What do we send to GL888?

And "awesomeness" is a bit too arbitrary, don't you think? I'd be fine with just Theme and Power.
                        What's wrong with awesomeness?

Comment

• 1. Campaign- ANYTHING you want to use to help influence members to vote for your team. From STORIES to POSTERS to Nothing at all. No limits on your creativity.

2. AWESOMENESS- Its needed. Voters need to be able to on their love for those characters. If someone decides to pick WARIO then a voter can factor his love/hate into his vote regardless of THEME and POWER of the team. Individual characters play a role this way.

Comment

• I like W. West's idea.

I watched the Villian Draft and the only think I didn't like was the multiple good guys. We can just have theme and team.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post

Tourney style.

Alright we're doing this Drafting may continue.
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Working...
                              X