Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge DCUC/JLU/infinite heroes/Wal*mart news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge DCUC/JLU/infinite heroes/Wal*mart news.

AFI just posted Here

The BIG news first!

The SDCC exclusives:

1.JLU 10” and 4” Giganta 2-pack $20. Looks like the 4” figure is the Back Canary body with a new head. The 10” is the Wonder Woman body with a new head. Both have a dress that fits over the body.

2. DCUC LOBO! And his DOG! It’s the Lobo with dreads look. The room went bananas at this reveal. Lobo will also be $20. No bike,just the main man, his pooch, and some bitchin’ chains!

The Dark Knight- There are 5” regular and deluxe figures as well as the 6” Movie Masters line. There’s an unmasked batman chase in the MM line.

JLU- This is a line for the fans now and we will be rewarded for sticking with the line this long. The line is a Target exclusive starting in August of 2008. They are working on the international distribution still.

Possibility of more non-JLU characters in 2009, but not 2008. Trying to do more pack-in accessories like Wonderpig.

There will be all new 6 packs, 3packs and singles.

16 new figures and repaints in 2008

Wave 1 singles- Redecoed/relreleased Hawkman with Mace, Kilowog with Lantern (didn’t see anything else different), Superman in Black and silver (like resurrection suit, but with same head/short hair and a black cape. I think it came with some kryptonite?) Stargirl with cosmic rod (same as Starman’s), Superfriends/Dick Sprang redecoed Batman- light blue cape and cowl, yellow oval around chest bat), black on forehead.

3packs- wave 1- Galatea! With Superman and Huntress. Captain Atom!!!, with Green Lantern and Supergirl.

6-packs- The Kirby 4th world Apokalips 6-pack announced a few months back with Mantis, Superman, Darkseid, Mr. Miracle, Lashina and Forager

Another 6-pavk is Atomic Skull, KGBeast, Shadow Thief, Silver Banshee, The Key, and Batman repaint.

ReRelease of the Grodd 6-pack with new decos. Lex in his greenish-yellow jumpsuit, blue tux Red Hood, darker Grodd, dark blue cowl Batman. Flash?

DCUniverse Classics- There are a bunch of retailer exclusives. A Wal-Mart exclusive wave (DC at Wal-Mart! Yeah!) and some TRU 2-packs. DCUC will be carried at walmart starting with Wave 3!(SuperLantern note) That of Course is the HAL/SINESTRO wave

Wave 4- Cyborg, Batman Beyond(!?!), Captain Atom, Wonder Woman, Aries CnC- Despero 8 ½” tall (looks like the Total Justice version w/ collar, belts, big gun, etc.)

Wave 5? 6?- Recovery Suit Superman (long hair, black suit), Mr. Miracle, Hawkman.

Wave 4 variants – Artemis WW, Kingdom Come Captain Atom.

Man-Bat in brown deco coming 2009!

Bonus Walmart wave in August – Amazo, Atom (Ray Palmer), Riddler(hush version with jacket), Eradicator(’Reign of the Supermen’ version), Black Lightning (modern version, bald) C&C figure crazy robot Metallo. (ed note: Mattel, we better be getting a classic Black Lightning variant! I’m just sayin’…)

TRU 2-packs- August -Redecos, new figures, hard to find rereleases. “Fan demanded”

Batgirl (classic Barbara) & Azreal, Orion with removable helmet & Lightray.

DC Infinite Heroes- 3 ¾” figures. Singles, 3-packs, variants with singles. 54 figure in 2008. 6-packs and 8 packs at TRU.

Wave 1- August- Black Atom, Adam Strange, Black hand, Guy Gardner, Shazam, Reverse Flash, Atom (new guy)

3-pack- Comm Gordon and 2 GPD officers

Flash, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard.

Mattel may have online store! More at SDCC! No Vertigo figures in any Mattel lines

UPDATE 5/3/08

on may 1st, it was announced that Modern and classic sinestro will be 50/50 split in case packs, so they will be easier to find. (though I sure one person will post a huge paragraph explaining hatred for mattel and their policies and Scalpers and stating they will never find it)

UPDATE 6/6/08
    Carded photos of the DCUC series 3 figures have arrived
    check the fwoosh(dailup beware)

Links
    http://www.poeghostal.com/2008/05/ask-mattel-5108.html
    http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewt...=asc&start=225
    Superlantern
    mmmm Beer!
    Last edited by Superlantern; 06-06-2008, 10:21 PM. Reason: update

OMG!!!!!! I'll likely see wave 3 at Walmart before wave2 shows at Target the way things are going .... got any pics yet??
    My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Fans, Start "Demanding" It!!!

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
      TRU 2-packs- August -Redecos, new figures, hard to find rereleases. “Fan demanded”
      YES! Quick, everyone, start bombarding Mattel with emails and SNAIL MAIL "demanding" a Sinestro 2-pack, with BOTH versions of Sinestro! Or, barring that, maybe a Modern Age Hal Jordan Vs. Sinestro Corps Sinestro 2-pack! That may be the ONLY way we can get the Sinestro Corps Uniform variant without having to pay exorbitant prices to scalpers!

BTW, thanks for the news, Superlantern! Cool stuff!
      Jack T. Chance
      Really knows where his towel is!
      Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-19-2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GLJIMT View Post
        OMG!!!!!! I'll likely see wave 3 at Walmart before wave2 shows at Target the way things are going .... got any pics yet??
        no pics yet

Comment

Good thing I'm going to SDCC!

Comment

PICTURES! ^_^

Pics of the first JLU 6-pack can be found HERE!

And pics of the new DCUC/Superheroes figures can be found HERE! Sweet Jeebus, that Eradicator looks fan-frakkin'-tastic!

Comment

Um...I think i'm having a blond moment....What TRU? Only thing close on the web is a hardware store.....Help please!!

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                Um...I think i'm having a blond moment....What TRU? Only thing close on the web is a hardware store.....Help please!!

Darth_Andrea
                TRU = Toys "R" Us.

Whenever websites or collectors are talking about toys & collectibles, that's the only TRU they'll talk about.

Comment

that eradicator just made me pee a little

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                    TRU = Toys "R" Us.

Whenever websites or collectors are talking about toys & collectibles, that's the only TRU they'll talk about.
                    OMG...I told you it was a blond moment...TRU=TOys R Us..I should have known that or at least guessed. Thanks Jack for brining me out of my DUH moment. *Goes and hides from the world in her shame*

Darth_Andrea

Comment

infinite heroes guy
                      Superlantern
                      mmmm Beer!
                      Last edited by Superlantern; 04-20-2008, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I'm iffy on the face sculpt
                        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

as long as the possible dcuc version is not using that sculpt i'm happy

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post

infinite heroes guy
                            OMG...thats a ugly paint job looks done by hand. The legs look stolen from another figure and the Boots are all wrong. I hope thats just a prototype and not what the production model will look like.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

This is just awesome for me

I love my DCD eradicator but this one will kill it.

Comment

Working...
                              X