The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ask the Mods/Site/Forum Help (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Remove your Qward access? *POST HERE* (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7464)

Andrew NDB 05-07-2009 12:41 AM

Remove your Qward access? *POST HERE*

Is now an option. Simply post a message here and you won't see it or its posts anymore, in search or otherwise.

Willpower 05-07-2009 12:55 AM

sign me up!

Old School 05-07-2009 01:32 AM

Caleb Lancaster 05-07-2009 12:40 PM

This is turning into something of a walk of shame. Why not just have People PM to remove access from Qward so that it isn't broadcast to everyone who is and isn't in Qward? For the record, I want to stay in qward.

Mister Ed 05-07-2009 02:11 PM

Well, add me to the walk of shame then, I guess. While I have enjoyed some discussions in Qward, I think in general I will be happier if my interactions on this particular site are a bit less serious in tone.

If and when I want to discuss those topics, there are plenty of sites devoted to that purpose.

Old School 05-07-2009 03:17 PM

I edited what I had to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

why bust his balls and have him take his personal time to make sure "you" cannot see the forum. If you dont want to participate don't post in the forum.

should I have him "block" me from the video section? I don't post in there either.

I just think he shouldnt have to waste his time, just dont post on a forum if you do not want to

Morph 05-07-2009 03:22 PM

take me off the list to see anything in Qward. it's never interested me to go in there, and I like the idea I won't see it in searches

Mister Ed 05-07-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 170536)

why bust his balls and have him take his personal time to make sure "you" cannot see the forum. If you dont want to participate don't post in the forum.

should I have him "block" me from the video section? I don't post in there either.

I just think he shouldnt have to waste his time, just dont post on a forum if you do not want to

I'm not "busting his balls". And I fail to see why this is any different that what is being proposed for the "Zamaron" section. The "just don't go there" argument applies JUST AS MUCH to that, yet I don't see anybody trying to make that case there.

My whole point was, I'd rather not have the recent post list cluttered up with Qward talk if there is a way to avoid it. Previously I had the impression that there WASN'T a way to avoid it, now I learn there is. How is suggesting that said method be used "busting his balls"? He doesn't want to do it, or it is too much trouble for him, fine he's the boss. I'll deal. I'll be sighing a lot come election season when the threads multiply, but I'll be fine. But if the option is available, and he's offering, why not avail myself of the opportunity to remove the clutter, and preserve, for me at least, the focus of the site where I want it?

Brother Eye 05-07-2009 03:38 PM

Put me on the walk of shame as well. Qward is an eyesore so I would rather not see it there since I never use it anyway.

Old School 05-07-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Ed (Post 170552)
I'm not "busting his balls". And I fail to see why this is any different that what is being proposed for the "Zamaron" section. The "just don't go there" argument applies JUST AS MUCH to that, yet I don't see anybody trying to make that case there.

My whole point was, I'd rather not have the recent post list cluttered up with Qward talk if there is a way to avoid it. Previously I had the impression that there WASN'T a way to avoid it, now I learn there is. How is suggesting that said method be used "busting his balls"? He doesn't want to do it, or it is too much trouble for him, fine he's the boss. I'll deal. I'll be sighing a lot come election season when the threads multiply, but I'll be fine. But if the option is available, and he's offering, why not avail myself of the opportunity to remove the clutter, and preserve, for me at least, the focus of the site where I want it?

wasnt pointing the finger at you, just making a general statement.

and I do see your point in regards to using the new posts option.

what I do, is just hit the forums that do post on and go from there

Willpower 05-07-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 170536)

Lol, if its an option being offered, I accept, and I like it, btw(thx Andrew). I didn't ask for it, but if its an option, cool. Why would anyone feel so compelled that they need to "bust my balls" over it?

Jeez, peeps. Simmer down for once.

Old School 05-07-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willpower (Post 170576)
Lol, if its an option being offered, I accept, and I like it, btw. I didn't ask for it, but if its an option, cool. Why would anyone feel so compelled that they need to "bust my balls" over it?

Jeez, peeps. Simmer down for once.

im fine over here, just stating my opinion

Willpower 05-07-2009 05:09 PM

hrrmm..

Old School 05-07-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willpower (Post 170587)
hrrmm..

sound like yoda :couch:

Willpower 05-07-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old School (Post 170588)
sound like yoda :couch:

was goin for more of a Rorschach thing, but I'll take it :cool:

Superlantern 05-08-2009 01:05 PM

guys this thread is for removing your qward access not for a discussion about it... if you want to debate then start a new thread.

masterhyde 05-08-2009 01:26 PM

Sign me please.

unclegnewman 05-08-2009 03:02 PM

I'm here for GL. Please remove me and thanks for the option.

Limelantern 05-08-2009 08:59 PM

Do you guys really need an outside force stopping you from entering Qward?

Maverick_GL 05-08-2009 10:38 PM

Willpower obviously isn't the name of the game around here.

Limelantern 05-08-2009 11:02 PM

...and on a Green Lantern board too.......

Willpower 05-08-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_GL (Post 171337)
Willpower obviously isn't the name of the game around here.

HEY!:fight:
I resemble that remark! :eek:

The_Mad_Dragon 05-09-2009 12:58 AM

Ahem:

SCREW QWARD!

That is all. I want off that ride.

Darth_Andrea 05-09-2009 01:01 AM

yep count me out as well, I rarely post there anyway.

Darth_Andrea http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i.../starwars1.gif http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i.../anim-ring.gif http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...by_Seiken_.gif

Trey Strain 05-09-2009 01:04 AM

If any of you guys ever start smoking, it's all over for you.