Space Cop's Fortress of Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Cop's Fortress of Solitude

Okay, so after posting numerous samples of my collection in "last purchase" thread, I received a few requests to start my own thread here. A few explanations: first off, the title comes from what I call my den, but I won't be posting pix of that (which actually contains the bulk of my "show" pieces) until after I clean it again this week [as corny as it sounds, everyone gets why I call it the FoS when they've been there]. Secondly, unlike some of you, my collection isn't in any one place. Since I'm single and I have at least two whole rooms I can freely decorate to my extremely dorky tastes, my stuff is all over the place and usually occupying shelves or surfaces that serve some other function (desk, DVD or book shelves etc.).

So, I'll start with my bedroom and around my desk. First up is the little shelf I keep my TV-related DVDs on (shows must be separated from movies) and then my "work" desk.

(these are the only statues I have. I intend to get more, but then I'll have to find a new space.)
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2013, 04:24 PM.

Next, is my bureau, which is where I keep my Arkham toys:

Then, my most needed-reference-book shelf, which is where I keep other comic figures (and one Spock):

(yep, that's my one and only displayed Marvel piece on the bottom; the space in the middle top shelf is usually where to-be-read comics go [with the shofar as a paper weight], but I read them all this week)
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-23-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

And, lastly (but what started the request), around my bedroom entertainment center and DVD shelves, I keep all my kaiju stuff (except toys 9" or over is in the FoS).

Closer:

The shelves:

(that's a theater exclusive fire Mothra [aka when she burns] from Final Wars)

(finger puppets and bottle tops)

(bottom left is a theater-exclusive Baragon, bottom right starts the Gamera section, which continues...)

Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 07-24-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Cool stuff! You even have that fake Godzilla with the flower around his neck that Ultraman slaughtered!

Comment

I love that Batman & Robin are keeping watch over your Bible books

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
              Cool stuff! You even have that fake Godzilla with the flower around his neck that Ultraman slaughtered!
              Jirass (aka Kira). He's hard to find. Last year at GFest I wanted to pick him up but they were sold out early on day 2. This year, I got him first and he sold out again except for a big version. X-Plus (who does the detailed models) should do one with Ultraman using the ripped off frill like a matador.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
              I love that Batman & Robin are keeping watch over your Bible books
              Yep. And Nightwing apparently watches over my old dictionary from college days. Actually there's little rhyme or reason except that my werewolves are over my werewolf books and my Star Trek pieces are in front of the Star Trek books (to come later).

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              Sweet!
              Thanks. More to come next week after I get the den back in order.

Comment

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing them. I like how ends and stands have figures randomly decorating them, it works.

And it's good to see someone else has their dvd/bluray collection alphabetized in this lazy world we live in!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                  Cool pics! Thanks for sharing them. I like how ends and stands have figures randomly decorating them, it works.
                  Thanks. I find bare shelves (i.e., with just books or just DVDs) boring.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                  And it's good to see someone else has their dvd/bluray collection alphabetized in this lazy world we live in!
                  I'm just anal enough that it would drive me nuts not to. Back in the day, my step dad used to randomly move my VHS tapes out of order just to bug me and see how long it took to discover. But with 500 DVDs, it's also practical.

Comment

You have a lot of great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                      You have a lot of great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your collection.
                      Thanks. My cleaning schedule got delayed. Hopefully next week. Something may be added to the fortress this week anyway (I'll know when I get to my LCS tomorrow).

Comment

Great Stuff ! I want a tardis ...lol

Comment

Originally posted by krona1968 View Post
                          Great Stuff ! I want a tardis ...lol
                          I love the TARDIS. It lights up when you open the door. When you lift it up, it makes the dematerialization sound, rematerializes when put down, and makes the travel (whoosh) sound when spun.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Thanks. My cleaning schedule got delayed. Hopefully next week. Something may be added to the fortress this week anyway (I'll know when I get to my LCS tomorrow).
                            I really dislike having to dust off my collection.
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

My two latest acquisitions together.

(Papa Smurf won't normally ride Godzilla 2000, but it seemed a nice photo op.)

Comment

Working...
                              X