X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John is now an ULTRAVIOLET Lantern

Are you kidding me?

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-j...iolet-lantern/

Boy, does that sound dumb. Plus, it doesn't even seem consistent with the established emotional spectrum. So far, it has seemed like "positive" emotions are to one side of green, and "negative" ones are to the other side, so if Ultraviolet makes one ultra-violent, one would expect it to be more of an Infrared.

Comment

LOL, I can't even take DC seriously anymore. They are now parodying their own sh*t. Oh lord they suck!

Comment

At first I thought it was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          Boy, does that sound dumb. Plus, it doesn't even seem consistent with the established emotional spectrum. So far, it has seemed like "positive" emotions are to one side of green, and "negative" ones are to the other side, so if Ultraviolet makes one ultra-violent, one would expect it to be more of an Infrared.
          I think the way the story is going is that a break in the Source Wall is causing things as we know them to change or disrupt. Therefore, narratively, I think it's okay if this new development doesn't make sense with Geoff Johns' Emotional Spectrum.

That said, the Ultraviolet Lantern sounds like a laughably foolish concept. I can only think it's supposed to be. I think I'll reserve judgment until I actually see what is going on. But yeah, on paper, this sounds REALLY silly. Worse than Phantom Lantern, even.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

It DOES seem like a joke as done in some parody magazine like Cracked or something lampooning DC comics. Its just more proof that the people working there just don't get it.

Comment

Just when they had killed off the other Color Corps to keep the fans quiet...

Here comes Ultraviolet. Uh, not the movie. UltraMarine! No, not that one. John Stewart. Ultraviolet! No, John doesn't get Fatality back, not that Violet. Oh, just read the comic.

Comment

.................................. nope i'm staying out of this one

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  .................................. nope i'm staying out of this one
                  If it was Kyle, you'd probably be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    If it was Kyle, you'd probably be all over it.
                    yea

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I had an Ultraviolet Corps as a throwaway line ten whole years ago.
                      http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...1&postcount=15

Comment

I just can't envision DC giving John a Parallax-style heel turn for years on end. I get the feeling that this is leading to some larger narrative plan, like a new villain who will wield this ultraviolent energy.
                        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                          I just can't envision DC giving John a Parallax-style heel turn for years on end. I get the feeling that this is leading to some larger narrative plan, like a new villain who will wield this ultraviolent energy.
                          I think this development will only last for one story arc, if even that. I don't think it's anything too serious, relatively speaking. I also think it's intentionally wacky, so while silly, it isn't anything I worry about, concerning the well being of the John Stewart character. At least, that's the feeling this gives me, especially after reading the obviously intentionally silly-ish solicitation text. That's the big difference between what I think this will be and what Geoff Johns and some others have done with the Emotional Spectrum, which I don't care for. I have a feeling Snyder is intentionally doing something bizarre and kinda' silly, because he thinks it will be weird and fun (and hopefully there will be an entertaining story in there). Geoff Johns, on the other hand, was totally serious about the (IMO) utterly ridiculous stuff he was doing with all those different colored Corps.
                          Star-Lantern
                          Weaponer of Qward
                          Last edited by Star-Lantern; 04-20-2018, 12:58 PM.
                          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

It looks like this is going to be temporary, thank goodness.

SPOILERS.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-u...s-leader-oath/

Comment

Well, obviously. I don't think any of us doubted that. Star-Lantern even said as much.

And issue #1 of JLA was reeally good. I hate the Super Friends detritus that DC still cannot step away from. But other than that, superb first issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X