The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Action Figures & Toys (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Toy Fair 2019 (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24919)

Hypo 02-17-2019 12:40 AM

Toy Fair 2019

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Space Cop 02-17-2019 02:39 AM

Oh, man, my wallet is going to be hurting with those lucha figures. Don't know if I can pick only one.

Although, of course, it hurts that there's no Linterna Verde.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF0bhg6VIAAi-va.jpg

Hypo 02-18-2019 02:17 PM

Lot of other DC related Toy Fair stuff that isn't in the video.

Space Cop 02-18-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 959872)

Pixel Dan did an official walkthrough:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Big Blue Lantern 02-19-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 959889)
Pixel Dan did an official walkthrough:

+ YouTube Video

I like the Luchador figures and some of the statues are very high quality, but I'm disappointed that there were no new Lantern collectibles announced.

Space Cop 02-19-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern (Post 959902)
I like the Luchador figures and some of the statues are very high quality, but I'm disappointed that there were no new Lantern collectibles announced.

Yep; unless you count Dawnbreaker (the Metal Batman GL), which I can safely resist.

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 02-19-2019 12:49 PM

Yeah I didn't see anything Green Lantern related either. When its over I typically scour Toyark's site because of how they lay out pics of all the booths, and havent found any emerald love yet.

Space Cop 02-19-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker (Post 959908)
Yeah I didn't see anything Green Lantern related either. When its over I typically scour Toyark's site because of how they lay out pics of all the booths, and havent found any emerald love yet.

Well, to tide you over, Dave, check out the Hasbro Star Wars stuff. I'm guessing you'll like the retro line (esp. the Tarkin because it's not from original Kenner):

+ YouTube Video

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 02-19-2019 04:16 PM

As a rule I don't buy any non vintage Star Wars toys anymore and got rid of almost all of it years ago. But I NEED this Tarkin. I wish the head sculpt wasn't as good as it is to make it feel like it came from 1978, but the coolness of everything else about it is going to force me to buy the board game to get this.

Big Blue Lantern 02-21-2019 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 959906)
Yep; unless you count Dawnbreaker (the Metal Batman GL), which I can safely resist.

I'd count it more as another Batman piece, but I'm interested since it's a PVC statue. Those don't break the bank, so I might pick it up.

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 02-21-2019 04:53 AM

The One:12 Collective booth did display the Hal and John figures we've already seen. I have to say, the head sculpt on the Hal figure is one of the best I've ever seen. The John head sculpt? I don't think it really gets him.

Hypo 04-20-2019 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 959851)
Oh, man, my wallet is going to be hurting with those lucha figures. Don't know if I can pick only one.

Apparently they've been cancelled.

Space Cop 04-20-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 961094)

Figures; that was the only DC solicit from Toy Fair I cared about. The solicit wasn't helpful because they listed them in pairs but the prices were individual. Even my LCS manager was confused by that. I would say that could be a contributor, but it doesn't sound like they got far enough to discover if that was a problem.