Jin's Custom Green Lantern Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jin's Custom Green Lantern Figures

Here's a main thread for all my Green Iantern customs. I'll be updating this one so I don't flood the boards with threads for each individual figure.

Check out the newest Green Lantern recruit Alien 51, a galactic science officer of the highest ranking until his home world was destroyed by a supernova. Now chosen by the Green Lantern Corps this permanently annoyed alien uses his knowledge of extraterrestrial technology to aid them in their fight against evil. Alien 51 was made from a Ratchet and Clank 'Zoni' head, DCU Green lantern body (any of them really) and Spawn creech bendy hair tendrils for his arms/legs. The weaponry are random laser guns painted to look like GL constructs and the whole muscle-suit design was inspired by Earthworm Jim. Alien51's backstory is that he's self conscious about looking like a slimy space-squid and wanted to appear more like his humanoid teammates. Hence the muscle suit glove/boot colors of his tentacles as well. I even sculpted a little Power Ring on his tentacle!

More pics here---> Alien 51

-------------------------------------------------

Bad boy Alex Winters was always getting into fights with the wrong type of people, usually those who were taking advantage of others. Unable to stand by and watch innocents suffer, he was chosen to be a Green Lantern and now dishes out his own brand of back-alley-brawl justice against evil. Alex was made from a Mr Terrific body/jacket with Hal Jordan hands and a Winter Soldier head that was perfect, already having a serious look and a sculpted mask. His constructs came from various Green Lantern figures and his power-up fist flames came from a ML Psylocke. I was able to print out Green Lantern symbol decals of different designs/sizes to use instead of hand-painting the symbols as well.

More pics here---> Alex Winters

Jin Saotome
    Kyle's Nude Model
    Last edited by Jin Saotome; 06-25-2011, 04:00 PM.

Here's Aurokus, an original character I created to be in the Green Lantern Corps. He's the man of mineral, a living-rock type being and was made from a basic DCU Green Lantern, NECA Tron 2.0 Thorne, sculpted power ring, and various fodder parts to connect the pieces. His rock-constructs are made of acrylic ice decorations glued together with hot-glue. I found out this works VERY well and holds together incredibly solid, just wash the acrylic pieces off first before you glue them using low-temp hotglue. A flight-stand later and a new paint job, Aurokus was ready to join the Corps!

More pics here---> GLC Aurokus

I figured there must be an unlimited number of aliens out there still to become members and I should make some original alien GLC characters. Here's Flarus, a being of living flame and taking a humanoid shape. He was made from a basic Green Lantern DCU body, the modified head and hands from a FF4 Johnny Storm, tiny sculpted power ring, and a Spy Monkey Productions flame blast. It took a bit of modding to get the JS flame parts to combine on to the DCU body and they were given an emerald flame paint job along with a flight stand for the character. Now Flarus is ready to light up the darkest night with his fire!

More pics here---> GLC Flarus

Hope you enjoy him and I'll be making more original Green Lantern members in the future. Oh and by the way, awesome message board! It's introduced me to some pretty nifty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jin Saotome View Post
      Here's a main thread for all my Green Iantern customs. I'll be updating this one so I don't flood the boards with threads for each individual figure.

Check out the newest Green Lantern recruit Alien 51, a galactic science officer of the highest ranking until his home world was destroyed by a supernova. Now chosen by the Green Lantern Corps this permanently annoyed alien uses his knowledge of extraterrestrial technology to aid them in their fight against evil. Alien 51 was made from a Ratchet and Clank 'Zoni' head, DCU Green lantern body (any of them really) and Spawn creech bendy hair tendrils for his arms/legs. The weaponry are random laser guns painted to look like GL constructs and the whole muscle-suit design was inspired by Earthworm Jim. Alien51's backstory is that he's self conscious about looking like a slimy space-squid and wanted to appear more like his humanoid teammates. Hence the muscle suit glove/boot colors of his tentacles as well. I even sculpted a little Power Ring on his tentacle!

More pics here---> Alien 51

Bad boy Alex Winters was always getting into fights with the wrong type of people, usually those who were taking advantage of others. Unable to stand by and watch innocents suffer, he was chosen to be a Green Lantern and now dishes out his own brand of back-alley-brawl justice against evil. Alex was made from a Mr Terrific body/jacket with Hal Jordan hands and a Winter Soldier head that was perfect, already having a serious look and a sculpted mask. His constructs came from various Green Lantern figures and his power-up fist flames came from a ML Psylocke. I was able to print out Green Lantern symbol decals of different designs/sizes to use instead of hand-painting the symbols as well.

More pics here---> Alex Winters

I know your TF customs, they rock! So do these.

Comment

After doing a few Green Lantern Corps original members I decided to take a shot at the Sinestro Corps. Check out Arklik, the newest original character I've created. His story? After betraying his hive and eating the elders who led it, Arklik was banished to wastelands of Mar'gohl. The harsh elements thickened his carapace until he grew so strong that he was able to make a meal out of any of the planets inhabitants. Mean ol' Arklik was made from a Sinestro Corps Batman body, the head and leg-spikes of a Resistance 2 Crawler that came with the main character, and scorpion tail from the Mac Gargan Venom from the 6" spiderman line. He was detailed up with really nice faded red effects for his carapace and I added some teeth to round out his mouth. The power ring was sculpted using Aves apoxie sculpt and his spike-shield construct was a clear acrylic decoration of some kind cut in half and painted with Tamiya clear yellow.

More pics here---> Arklik

After doing a few Green Lantern Corps original members I decided to take a shot at the Sinestro Corps. Here's 'Skinner', aptly named for his razor-sharp claws, bladed crystal hair, and ferocity for collecting the hides of others. He was made from a Low/Maash body, Spawn Ripclaw hands, LCBH Wraarl head, and Sota clear variant Blanka hair. I modded the range of the joints so you could get some really leapy poses from him and the neck joint so he could look almost straight up and support the weight of the hair. His ring-beam came from a clear acrylic drink stirrer painted with Tamiya clear yellow and modded to fit over a finger.

More pics here---> Skinner

Comment

If only I could afford the beauties

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

so...do you do commissions?

Comment

They are all very nice!
              I really like Arklik. I couldnt find any of those figures to do my own but
              Awesome job!

Comment

those are pretty

http://www.twitter.com/TheOtherMarioC

Comment

Nice work man
                  I Bleed Green

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan

Comment

BTW, congrats Jin on your appearance in the new issue of Nintendo Power!
                    The last fan of 1990s comics
                    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Sometimes I wish I had talent.
                      Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                      Nor label his working day "cushy"
                      But you might have to question
                      His endless obsession
                      With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Very nice! Wish I had those Sin Corps members on my collection

Comment

Hey thanks! Not doing commissions just yet, I have too many ongoing projects I need finished. Ah! Nintendo Power! I forgot about that, need to pick it up. Thanks for mentioning that. And if you all want to add to your Sinestro Corps, hit up my Guides and Tutorials section of my site and use that info to make your own. It's all there, enjoy!

Comment

great work dude! keep em coming.

Comment

I hate to sound like a fanboy shit but I've been watching your auctions on ebay for a while. I can't wait to own one of your pieces. Congrats on all of your success and welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X