The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Comics (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Nobodies - A Comic By JohnnyV (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20793)

JohnnyV 05-14-2012 01:25 AM

The Nobodies - A Comic By JohnnyV

Hey everyone, just got my first page of inks in for my comic - The Nobodies. Figured I'd share on here first, along with my Facebook friends. Below is a picture and synopsis of the story summary. I will be adding links to the Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and actual website when I get it finished. But just wanted to share it with all youse guys first.

The comic is going to be a six issue arc, with an actual ending! Hope you all enjoy.

http://thenobodiescomic.com/images/p...krealsmall.jpg

Synopsis: Imagine waking up tomorrow, looking to the ones you love and seeing nothing but an empty piece of flesh. Your spouse, kids, friends, all who once showed you love, looking back with nothing but an empty stare. Now imagine billions of people losing this humanity overnight, leaving behind very few.

20 years later...

Iggy wakes up to this, with no memory of how he came to be, in Buffalo, NY of all places. The story follows Iggy as he makes his way through the world of The Nobodies. The new dangers of civilization are colder, and meaner than before. With the laws of society broken, and too little of a population to enact new ones, will Iggy be able to survive? Can he figure out the mystery of his perilous circumstance, and perhaps solve the mystery of The Nobodies?

Marvelous Iggy 05-14-2012 01:27 AM

yeah... lawsuit is on the way buddy.

JohnnyV 05-14-2012 01:30 AM

Haha, I have no idea why I fell in love with that name so much. But once it got in my head, I just couldn't see him as anything else but Iggy.

Marvelous Iggy 05-14-2012 01:33 AM

I demand 10%. :p

JohnnyV 09-18-2012 03:02 AM

Brand new promo art for my upcoming comic book. My artist, Ger Curti, is pumping away at the pages. Can't wait to share more!

http://www.thenobodiescomic.com/imag...finalsmall.jpg

JohnnyV 03-26-2013 02:37 AM

Have moved onto the next step of my comic. Greyscale. Work by Ariel Iacci

http://www.thenobodiescomic.com/images/page7compare.jpg

Hybrid Lantern 03-26-2013 02:54 AM

Needs color.

JohnnyV 03-26-2013 03:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Tazer 03-26-2013 07:21 AM

Yo.

since U have an "Iggy", U need to add a "Tazz" to balance it out......... :D

also: U gonna keep it b&w or color it? I vote for b&w personally

Tazer

JohnnyV 03-26-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazer (Post 772338)
Yo.

since U have an "Iggy", U need to add a "Tazz" to balance it out......... :D

also: U gonna keep it b&w or color it? I vote for b&w personally

Tazer

It's going to stay grayscaled. The story doesn't really need color. And if I ever find an opportunity to add a Tazz into the proceedings, I'll jump at it.

Tazer 03-26-2013 07:21 PM

Yo.

just make sure @ the end of the story he's found beaten to death by an evil gang called the Great Lakes Crew or something (or anything similar, just as long as their initials are G.L.C.) ;)

Tazer

JohnnyV 03-26-2013 07:35 PM

If there is a Tazz character, he's going to be anally raped by a government official, whilst dressed as a juggalo. With a tin-foiled hat on top of his head.

Sylent_Asassin 03-26-2013 08:02 PM

No, no, no... If groups or factions are going to beat Tazz down, they MUST be called "the Mad Scientists." Gotta keep it real. ;)

Leave it black and white. It works better.

Lantern A-train 03-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV (Post 772414)
If there is a Tazz character, he's going to be anally raped by a government official, whilst dressed as a juggalo. With a tin-foiled hat on top of his head.

So we're gonna call that character Atrain right :spritz:

Keyser Soze 03-27-2013 09:24 PM

Glad to see this comic taking shape, Johnny! I remember when it was just a script, nice to see an artist bringing the story to life.

JohnnyV 04-01-2013 04:13 PM

Thanks man. It's definitely been an interesting experience.

Trigger 04-29-2013 08:03 PM

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it finished.

JohnnyV 04-29-2013 08:46 PM

Thanks Trigger. As the comic comes closer and closer to crunch time and release I'll have this thread updated more regularly.

Lantern A-train 04-29-2013 08:48 PM

I call dibs on one of the first 10 signed copies!!!!!!!

Trigger 04-29-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lantern A-train (Post 779146)
I call dibs on one of the first 10 signed copies!!!!!!!

What? Where? Is there a sign up list I missed?

Lantern A-train 04-29-2013 09:16 PM

LOL No but I'm just throwing that out there.

Deadpool 04-29-2013 09:20 PM

What about a Deadpool? Can I kill Tazz for beating me in biggest asshole competition of the GLC? :p

But seriously though dude, you write comicbooks???????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

What kind of format do you use to write the comicbooks, I'd like to give it a go myself one day, plus me and a bunch of other people on this other forum are making comicbooks (just digital one though and exclusive to the site) and I could kind of do with some help with it. :)

JohnnyV 04-29-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 779154)
What about a Deadpool? Can I kill Tazz for beating me in biggest asshole competition of the GLC? :p

But seriously though dude, you write comicbooks???????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

What kind of format do you use to write the comicbooks, I'd like to give it a go myself one day, plus me and a bunch of other people on this other forum are making comicbooks (just digital one though and exclusive to the site) and I could kind of do with some help with it. :)

There is no strict format for writing comic books, which is one of the great things about it. The gist you want to keep in mind is that each panel you write is not in motion, which is one of the hardest things to grasp. Your panels aren't animated, so you have to describe a scene with action that doesn't have any actual movement.

And give some freedom to your artists to explore. Nothing worse than seeing a script where the writer is all strict and demanding, instead of being open and inviting to the artist.

Love your artist :)

Also, be patient with your first script and hire an editor. I went through 4 re-writes before my script was anywhere ready to be published. And you won't know that because of ego; until you hire an editor who can point that stuff out.

JohnnyV 04-29-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigger (Post 779152)
What? Where? Is there a sign up list I missed?

No, but I will have a Kickstarter where signed copies will be one of the levels. For most people on the board I wouldn't do all that though, probably would just charge shipping :) Or if you come visit me at one of the cons I hope to get a booth for.

Lantern A-train 04-29-2013 09:30 PM

Also if you manage to get a booth at NYCC whenever you do get to go I am more than happy to assist.