The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps Announced (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24290)

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-24-2016 02:45 PM

No it WON'T be alright!!!

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111121171837

Spectremjm 03-24-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booster Beetle (Post 922568)
I like her costume, but not enough to read a book starring her and Baz

Since they will be on Earth, it's also possible you will see some Arkillo and St. Walker in this book, and that would make it more interesting, certainly to me.

Booster Beetle 03-24-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 922577)
Depends entirely on the creative team for me.

For me too usually, but I can't think of any possible creative team that could get me to read the Baz and Cruz show

Booster Beetle 03-24-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectremjm (Post 922599)
Since they will be on Earth, it's also possible you will see some Arkillo and St. Walker in this book, and that would make it more interesting, certainly to me.

We'll see how long Arkillo and Walker are on Earth, I have a feeling they'll be gone when Sinestro ends

Spectremjm 03-24-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booster Beetle (Post 922607)
For me too usually, but I can't think of any possible creative team that could get me to read the Baz and Cruz show

That's why I thought Johns might just do it himself, since he created both of them, and that would get a buzz going around the book it wouldn't have otherwise.

Hypo 03-24-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booster Beetle (Post 922607)

Eh, most people dislike the characters because they were already dissatisfied with Johns and felt like they were being crammed down their throats. The characters themselves are such blank slates that I think a good creator could do a lot with them.

EmeraldGladiator 03-24-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 922616)
Eh, most people dislike the characters because they were already dissatisfied with Johns and felt like they were being crammed down their throats. The characters themselves are such blank slates that I think a good creator could do a lot with them.

which is great for being the center of Tales of the Corps four page stories or as supporting characters but not for main characters on one of two Green Lantern books. If DC goes that route even if it was Johns and Reis it would be just like Cyborg or Aquaman, it would be a modest seller but totally dependent on the creators. I know I know :deadhorse:

Hypo 03-25-2016 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I (Post 922595)

Part of me really wants it to be a Cruz/Baz team-up book and for it to sell better than the Hal book just to see your reaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator (Post 922618)
which is great for being the center of Tales of the Corps four page stories or as supporting characters but not for main characters on one of two Green Lantern books. If DC goes that route even if it was Johns and Reis it would be just like Cyborg or Aquaman, it would be a modest seller but totally dependent on the creators. I know I know :deadhorse:

Eh, I don't agree with that either. DC already tried downsizing with a more traditional cast and it clearly hasn't worked out. Given how there has been a steady decline since Johns left I can't blame them for saying fuck it, let's try something new, especially when there's still going to be a GL book with the traditional cast. I mean a team-up book with 2 characters that are new to the whole hero thing is a pretty decent premise if written well.

Of course now that I've defended the idea I'm sure it'll be announced on Saturday that Adam Glass is the writer, dooming the book before it's even released.

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 03-25-2016 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 922673)
Part of me really wants it to be a Cruz/Baz team-up book and for it to sell better than the Hal book just to see your reaction.

You WOULD, you little prick!

KilowogsDisciple 03-26-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IonFan (Post 922531)
wonder how long it'll be before she's the one and only GL (FOR THE JL FILM)

Ugh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Infamous (Post 920500)
I hate that those movies became a thing

I've yet to meet anyone who would admit being a fan of those retardedly disgusting movies. I watched the first half of the first one, no need for more. In fact, there was no need to watch any of it at all imo. The fact that there are sequels makes me especially sorry for the human race as a whole.

Hypo 03-26-2016 05:28 PM

Robert Venditti returns to pen Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps with Ethan Van Sciver and Rafa Sandoval on art. Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps have won the war against the GLC without firing a shot and that's where the book opens.
Sam Humpheries will be writing [I]Green Lanterns[/I featuring Cruz and Baz as the GLs of Earth with Robson Rocha and Ardian Syaf on art. The villains will be the Red Lanterns.

Mister Ed 03-26-2016 05:36 PM

Apparently those hoping the other colored Corps go away will be rather unhappy with the GL titles post-Rebirth. Sinestro and his Corps in Hal and the GLC, and apparently Cruz and Baz will be going up against the Red Lanterns in Green Lanterns. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they think giving the Green Lantern flagship title to Cruz and Baz is a good idea.

Booster Beetle 03-26-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 922824)
Robert Venditti returns to pen Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps with Ethan Van Sciver and Rafa Sandoval on art. Sinestro and the Sinestro Corps have won the war against the GLC without firing a shot and that's where the book opens.
Sam Humpheries will be writing [I]Green Lanterns[/I featuring Cruz and Baz as the GLs of Earth with Robson Rocha and Ardian Syaf on art. The villains will be the Red Lanterns.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hypo 03-26-2016 05:40 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WaQqlIm.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/5GW4G7F.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/5FYelPk.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/qLAkK5x.jpg?1

Trey Strain 03-26-2016 05:43 PM

You guys want to get up an online petition to put the right man in charge of Green Lantern? Or do you want Geoff to keep making decisions like this?

Booster Beetle 03-26-2016 05:45 PM

Just stop

Trey Strain 03-26-2016 05:47 PM

Hal runs the Corps in one comic, Baz and Cruz star in another, and the emotional spectrum is back.

Guy and John are in the trash can.

You just can't set it up much worse than that, can you?

Hypo 03-26-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trey Strain (Post 922838)
You just can't set it up much worse than that, can you?

Sure you can, just have to remove the constructs.

EmeraldGladiator 03-26-2016 05:50 PM

I don't know,if I can be less excited. I have zero interest in Green Lanterns, the heroes of the villains. Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corp book has all the characters I know and love crammed into one book with a great artist but a,writer that has yet to move me. Color me underwhelmed.

"Chosen" 03-26-2016 05:50 PM

If you care so much Spy, join DC's new writing school. If you prove yourself maybe they'll give you a try. If not, stop petitioning for your fanfic.

Trey Strain 03-26-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 922839)

Hey, Geoff will keep the constructs, so it's all good.

Trey Strain 03-26-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Chosen" (Post 922841)
If you care so much Spy, join DC's new writing school. If you prove yourself maybe they'll give you a try. If not, stop petitioning for your fanfic.

Let's not derail the thread with that. Let's talk about how great this is going to be for Green Lantern. Read my sig and stay focused on what's coming.

Honestly, I don't think there could possibly be a worse development. Once Baz and Cruz get dug in and win over a few fans, you'll NEVER get rid of them.

EmeraldGladiator 03-26-2016 05:53 PM

How DC could think Green Lanterns could work has me very afraid for who is,running the ship. It might last longer than Larfreeze but not much longer

"Chosen" 03-26-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trey Strain (Post 922844)
Let's not derail the thread with that. Let's talk about how great this is going to be for Green Lantern. Read my sig and stay focused on what's coming.

Honestly, I don't think there could possibly be a worse development. Once Baz and Cruz get dug in and win over a few fans, you'll NEVER get rid of them.

isn't you talking about starting a petition to get the right guy (you) on the book derailing the thread? And I did read your fan fic, I don't like it so your sig doesn't apply to me. Ok Spy, back on topic. I'll read Green Lanterns over Hal and the GL Corps. Hate Venditti and I'm not a fan of Ethan's art.

Booster Beetle 03-26-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypo (Post 922839)

https://media2.giphy.com/media/pQmWjYrz39YAg/200w.gif