The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Comics (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Question about Wolverine (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24546)

Trey Strain 04-03-2017 02:28 PM

Question about Wolverine

http://www.inverse.stfi.re/article/2...&sf=lgbwjaa#aa

Tazer 04-03-2017 02:32 PM

Yo.

https://img.memesuper.com/7f1f2cd35a...l_488-471.jpeg

Tazer

Trey Strain 04-03-2017 02:36 PM

Ah, shoot. The page isn't working. Well, the question is, if Wolverine was circumcised, did his foreskin grow back?

Deadpool 04-03-2017 09:28 PM

Probably fairly safe to assume he wasn't...and even if he was it probably grew back.

Mister Ed 04-03-2017 10:40 PM

I kind of wonder if Wolverine can get cancer. I mean, if he could, that'd be pretty nasty, since the cancer is actually your own cells growing out of control, so it'd be pretty hard to treat on a guy whose cells are probably resistant to radiation and chemotherapy, and grow back if cut out.

buffalorock 04-04-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trey Strain (Post 942333)
Ah, shoot. The page isn't working. Well, the question is, if Wolverine was circumcised, did his foreskin grow back?

Don't most mutant powers trigger when they are older, like teen-aged?

Seems like the circumcision would have been performed before he acquired a healing factor, making it permanent.

If it grew back, well that science is beyond me ;)

W.West 04-04-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Ed (Post 942345)
I kind of wonder if Wolverine can get cancer. I mean, if he could, that'd be pretty nasty, since the cancer is actually your own cells growing out of control, so it'd be pretty hard to treat on a guy whose cells are probably resistant to radiation and chemotherapy, and grow back if cut out.

I'd be surprised if they haven't already told that story.

Ωmega Man 04-04-2017 02:03 PM

I thought all of Marvel's heroes were now supposed to be smoke free? Can't remember when it happened, but I remember it being a big deal to some folks who enjoyed seeing Logan and the Thing smoking cigars. Does Jameson even smoke now?

EDIT: I just immediately think of lung cancer when anybody mentions cancer. IDK why...

~//V\\~

Tazer 04-05-2017 05:19 PM

Yo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffalorock (Post 942363)
Don't most mutant powers trigger when they are older, like teen-aged?

Seems like the circumcision would have been performed before he acquired a healing factor, making it permanent.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2n72dxsLu1qbolbn.gif

Tazer

Trey Strain 04-05-2017 10:19 PM

Well, how did Clark Kent get his required preschool shots? Or his hair or his fingernails cut?

Space Cop 04-05-2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trey Strain (Post 942423)
Well, how did Clark Kent get his required preschool shots? Or his hair or his fingernails cut?

He cuts his hair and shaves his beard with reflected heat vision. I would assume the same for his nails. How he did that as a child (considering it's rather complicated and controlled) is up for debate.

I assume his folks faked immunization records. Any medical examine would discover he's not human.

IonFan 04-05-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trey Strain (Post 942333)

well the age he was born in (remember he's well over 200 years old) i don't think they did much circumcision so i'm gonna go with his foreskin was never cut off

IonFan 04-05-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Ed (Post 942345)

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.West (Post 942364)
I'd be surprised if they haven't already told that story.

isn't that what Deadpool has

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 04-06-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Cop (Post 942424)
He cuts his hair and shaves his beard with reflected heat vision. I would assume the same for his nails. How he did that as a child (considering it's rather complicated and controlled) is up for debate.

I assume his folks faked immunization records. Any medical examine would discover he's not human.

Oh yeah! I was reading the Superman titles back when Johm Byrne had them and remember him doing that bit. I always liked that. It would also explain why Clark doesn't deviate from his regular hairstyle.

Space Cop 04-06-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I (Post 942431)
Oh yeah! I was reading the Superman titles back when Johm Byrne had them and remember him doing that bit. I always liked that. It would also explain why Clark doesn't deviate from his regular hairstyle.

They used to think about that stuff in Byrne's day. Now, they seem more obsessed with gritty twists. I used to like in the Silver Age when Hal would explain some logistical matter like how he hid his battery.

Trey Strain 04-06-2017 01:36 PM

Clark would have had to be home schooled. You can't trust a kid that young not to reveal his super-powers, accidentally or on purpose.

Tazer 04-06-2017 02:15 PM

Yo.

that depends on if he had his boosted physique when he was a kid or not; we've seen them waffle back & forth on the subject depending on the version, and even in the versions when he did, his upbringing was such that he had access to a lot of that good 'ol "country common sense" which would/could help him keep his mouth shut......

Tazer

plastroncafe 04-06-2017 06:32 PM

I'm pretty sure CIRCUMCISE ALL THE PENISES is a relatively new phenomenon.
Also, yes. Wolverine with Cancer is just Deadpool.

Agent Purple 04-06-2017 08:43 PM

Anybody else remember that old episode of Mind of Mencia, on Comedy Central with Carlos Mencia? He has Voiceover Guy mock new films with him, and one of them is Fantastic Four (with Grafunder).

Mencia says he would use his stretching powers to bang chicks in China from his couch at home, and Voiceover Guy says Reed's new name is Fantastic Foreskin Man.

Ωmega Man 04-07-2017 12:34 PM

This whole arguments pointless guys, Wolverine is a chick now. We should be talking about if her cherry was popped yet, and it not... does THAT heal every time? That's awesome and horrifying at the same time. Like the girl on the Daredevil series' character from True Blood...

~//V\\~

IonFan 04-07-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -//V\\- (Post 942461)
This whole arguments pointless guys, Wolverine is a chick now. We should be talking about if her cherry was popped yet, and it not... does THAT heal every time? That's awesome and horrifying at the same time. Like the girl on the Daredevil series' character from True Blood...

~//V\\~

H:eek:LY SH!T I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT

so with her it'll be like the 1st time EVERYTIME http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/e...ilgrin0007.gif

Ωmega Man 04-07-2017 01:41 PM

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2...ight.gif?w=650

~//V\\~

plastroncafe 04-07-2017 06:22 PM

You know that not all women have those, right?
OH no wait, this is a GL forum...of course you don't know that.

Ωmega Man 04-07-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastroncafe (Post 942467)
You know that not all women have those, right?
OH no wait, this is a GL forum...of course you don't know that.

Looks like we have another minority to add to the list!

Yes... I'm aware that some women are born without a hymen, but I also know that some males are only born with one testicle, or a tiny penis. None of that matters in a conversation about fictional characters. Don't try and insult my intelligence and put me in the same boat as Ion with 'real world' knowledge. I know the difference between they're, their, and there... thank you VERY much. And I also know that 'dingleberries' isn't a term for my testicles.

Assuming everyone here's an idiot sure makes you look smart though!

~//V\\~

IonFan 04-08-2017 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -//V\\- (Post 942470)
Don't try and insult my intelligence and put me in the same boat as Ion with 'real world' knowledge. I know the difference between they're, their, and there... thank you VERY much. And I also know that 'dingleberries' isn't a term for my testicles.

Assuming everyone here's an idiot sure makes you look smart though!

~//V\\~

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(cut to 1:30 for my reaction)

:rollseyes: anyway i'm surprised no one posted this

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

while i was gone