The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Lantern Vol. 1/Alan Scott/JSA (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Kingdom Come Alan Scott? (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033)

Jack-O-Lantern 10-23-2007 09:40 AM

Kingdom Come Alan Scott?

Since we've been seeing alot of Kingdom Come references and changes lately in current comics. Ie: Jason becoming Red Robin, Roy becoming Red Arrow, Wally's daughter will most likely become Kid Flash eventually. When can we expect Alan Scott to start donning the Green Lantern armor that he has in KC?
I think the concept is pretty sweet, his battery is his suit, so he no longer wears a ring nor requires a charge. Similar how to when he became one with the Starheart and didn't need a ring or charge anymore. Maybe then he can start calling himself Sentinel again. Or something like Emerald Knight or Emerald Warrior.

Tons T 10-23-2007 11:10 AM

see i have a problem with this.... KC supes arrives on Earth in JSA, right? - but on that KC earth, there's already a red robin! and its Dick! .. they shouldnt touch KC deeper IMO. It makes a lot of things confusing. but still on the concept of Alan looking a lot like the KC GL, i dont have a problem with that, but i just dont want him to be going to the direction in becoming the KC GL..

Big Daddy Dave Skywalker 10-23-2007 04:59 PM

I don't WANT KC touched any more than it has to be...but there's this other part of me, the silly fanboy part that I can't ignore, that wants to see more of this shit. I KNOW it's a bad idea, but I just can't help it! I want to see MORE of the KC Green Lantern. I LOVE the costume Alan uses in that book, and it's be cool (or is that kewl?) to see him again.

Though I will say, they shouldn't change Alan's costume in current continuity to the KC costume or any other costume UNLESS it's because they want to give him a big push as a solo character. If he's just going to stay a background character in JSA, there's no reason to change him at all.

Jack-O-Lantern 10-23-2007 06:21 PM

I agree with both points Dave. So they should do it, and give him his own title.

Satyrquaze 10-24-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern (Post 15766)
Since we've been seeing alot of Kingdom Come references and changes lately in current comics. Ie: Jason becoming Red Robin, Roy becoming Red Arrow, Wally's daughter will most likely become Kid Flash eventually. When can we expect Alan Scott to start donning the Green Lantern armor that he has in KC?
I think the concept is pretty sweet, his battery is his suit, so he no longer wears a ring nor requires a charge. Similar how to when he became one with the Starheart and didn't need a ring or charge anymore. Maybe then he can start calling himself Sentinel again. Or something like Emerald Knight or Emerald Warrior.

I could get behind that visually, but not following the KC storyline.

genesistorm 10-24-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satyrquaze (Post 16036)
I could get behind that visually, but not following the KC storyline.

Me too.. visually, I'd love it!! Totally.. but no KC story mixed..

Jack-O-Lantern 10-25-2007 02:24 AM

That was initially what I meant anyway. Since they haven't been doing so with the others I mentioned, except for visually. ie Jason becoming Red Robin instead of Dick.

GLC2814.4 10-28-2007 06:10 PM

I can dig it, and I'm probably one of the bigger Alan Scott fans here. I think they can do the costume thing in this universe, and leave out the KC deal. (But I do love that story tho, lol). And speaking of fucking up Kingdom Come storylines - I just posted about the whole Red Robin thing, which just adds to my "I hate Jason Todd" thing.

Shingo Wol 11-16-2007 11:52 PM

?? I thought the kingdom Come GL was Old Hal jordon?

Jack-O-Lantern 11-17-2007 03:56 AM

Hal was dead at the time KC was written and published. Although I don't recall them ever stating who it is exactly. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be Alan. Although it could have been Kyle, they might have just never named him to keep it open to whomever the fans saw it fit to be. J
ade was in KC so who knows. I don't own Kingdom Come and it's been years since I read it. Can anyone confirm?

Andrew NDB 11-17-2007 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Cormier (Post 15787)
I don't WANT KC touched any more than it has to be...but there's this other part of me, the silly fanboy part that I can't ignore, that wants to see more of this shit. I KNOW it's a bad idea, but I just can't help it! I want to see MORE of the KC Green Lantern. I LOVE the costume Alan uses in that book, and it's be cool (or is that kewl?) to see him again.

Hahah, how true.

Personally, I would have liked Kingdom Come left alone. Maybe one day, see sequels or prequels to it... but nothing more. I don't like actually creating a Kingdom Come universe seperately in the multiverse... I liked it kind of vague, like KC could be the DCU in the future, but never really cementing it.

Superlantern 11-19-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew NDB (Post 18684)
Hahah, how true.

Personally, I would have liked Kingdom Come left alone. Maybe one day, see sequels or prequels to it... but nothing more. I don't like actually creating a Kingdom Come universe seperately in the multiverse... I liked it kind of vague, like KC could be the DCU in the future, but never really cementing it.

there was a sequel and it was called the kingdom, Thye confrimed AS was the Gl and did alot about the vunerablity to wood .... it should never be spoken of again

JMW326 11-19-2007 05:24 PM

At the end of Kingdom Come they had a group of people sitting at a table kind of like the United nations and It showed a Name plate that had Alans name on it and showed his hand wearing a ring.

MarkPoa 11-21-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern (Post 18682)
Hal was dead at the time KC was written and published. Although I don't recall them ever stating who it is exactly. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be Alan. Although it could have been Kyle, they might have just never named him to keep it open to whomever the fans saw it fit to be. J
ade was in KC so who knows. I don't own Kingdom Come and it's been years since I read it. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah, the Kingdom Come GL is Alan. It's been said to be confirmed in the novelization, where he was referred to by name. Similarly, the Flash is Wally.

However, I heard that Alex Ross designed both GL and Flash in KC to reflect the different incarnations: Flash is a composite of Jay's helmet and Wally's identity. GL seems to be a composite of Alan's person/weakness and Hal's background (fighting space aliens, something Alan doesn't really do).

Myth 12-19-2007 04:44 AM

In Alan's defense, he's more used to breaking up terrorist cells these days as a member of Checkmate and JSA.

GLC2814.4 12-19-2007 03:13 PM

Alan's Still in Checkmate?!? I didn't know that.

Andrew NDB 12-19-2007 03:57 PM

Yeah, I thought he turned in his Checkmate membership card a while ago. But I don't know... I don't read it (or have any inclination to do so).

methos 12-19-2007 08:06 PM

he did...

Waller forced him out and he was replaced by Mr. Terrific who was his bishop. Terrific was replaced as bishop by the Thinker.

or thats what i know as 'current' anyway...

M

GLC2814.4 12-20-2007 12:14 AM

Good, I like Grandpa Scott right where he is, not in some shadow government organization. Every time I hear of Checkmate, it reminds me of the government sponsored secret super dudes in Invincible :)

Myth 12-20-2007 12:22 AM

Argh, this is the second time today that I find my info is outdated. :P

He's still used to just beating up on terrorists and Fifth Column nogoodniks though!

GLJIMT 12-20-2007 12:33 AM

I believe Alan left Checkmate as of issue 5 - I stopped buying it when Alan stopped being the White King - goverment agency based on Chess is kind of retarded anyway

MarkPoa 12-20-2007 10:51 AM

Checkmate's pretty good if you like your superhero action with a little espionage and politics. I find it very well-written.

BuckyBarnes45 02-11-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tons T (Post 15770)
see i have a problem with this.... KC supes arrives on Earth in JSA, right? - but on that KC earth, there's already a red robin! and its Dick! .. they shouldnt touch KC deeper IMO. It makes a lot of things confusing. but still on the concept of Alan looking a lot like the KC GL, i dont have a problem with that, but i just dont want him to be going to the direction in becoming the KC GL..

I fail to see how the Red Robin thing is a "problem".

For one, we don't know if KC/JSA Superman has encountered Jason Robin yet. He ust got the costume in countdown. For all you know, in an issue or 4 of JSA he might say something about Red Robin.

The KC supplimental material mentioned Dick became Red Robin at Superman's bidding. So this KC future Superman or Dick could have came up with the idea based on JASON's costume.

it's really not a big deal and one easy enough to "explain" if needed.

W:alan:

GreenLanternGeek 03-31-2008 09:58 PM

I didn't really care for Kingdom Come I Can't Stand Alex Ross I really don't I can't stand him and his high and mightyness Not that I have anything against Mark Waid though

BuckyBarnes45 04-02-2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLanternGeek (Post 43753)
I didn't really care for Kingdom Come I Can't Stand Alex Ross I really don't I can't stand him and his high and mightyness Not that I have anything against Mark Waid though

I don't see how the story of Kingdom Come comes off as "high and mighty". It was a fun read.

As for Waid...he wrote that horrific "The Kingdom" which sucked beyond belief. Besides some really bad art...that "writting" kind of showed how needed Ross was to KC.

:alan: