Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Thread (Walking Dead TV Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
    He almost went full 'Shane at Herschel's farm' last night. I wonder if Carl or anyone will bring up how he just shoved Carl out of the way just the same way Peter shoved his wife out of the way.
    correction: Karl got brushed back, but Pete backhanded his chic away.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Maybe, but that was a pretty hard brush back. Also, every second they are in Alexandria and Carl is around I am always hoping that it is the moment we will see him get a bullet to the face.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Yo.

Im good w/that, I just hope we get to see him get to 1st base b4 he gets his looks ruined forever.....

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
          Is it really a character turn? I don't hate Rick, I empathize with him and what is clearly ptsd, he's having trouble normalizing in society after all he's been through. It's really instinctive for him to protect those he feels need protecting
          Is it though? You can say Sasha is definitely suffering from PTSD. You can probably say that about the Reverend. And Maggie has lost all of her family the most recently, but Rick is a stretch, I think. Sure he's suffered but I don't think this episode was any sign of him not understanding. I think he and Carol are absolutely right in that these people are happy with their ignorance and it will get them killed. I don't think PTSD is what got Rick into trouble here, its just bad social skills meeting ignorance. He would have to slowly change the culture of that place in order for it to work well and that just doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
            lol I hated this episode. Not because it was bad acting or direction or anything technical, just what the characters did. I want Sasha to die. I want Michonne to pick a fucking side (and apparently she has). I want to know why we didn't get a scene with Maggie and Glenn. You would think that those two have a lot to talk about considering the episode prior...I want to know why Rick is drawn to this woman. Who the fuck goes from cop to murderer like that? I don't think you can just say "You either be separated or I'll kill you." lol How is he not able to listen to reason. Where the fuck is Abraham when you need someone to break up a fight? lol

The damn-near total absence of Glenn (not to mention him not being able to tell his side of the story to Deana) and Maggie being totally absent was a bit of a let-down. I wanted to see the fallout of what happened from all sides. Instead, we got Rick's own inner turmoil and Sasha just fucking off in the woods.

As for Rick, I understand why he might be attracted to Jessie; he's just been brought in from the cold, so to speak, and he sees a woman, young, attractive, nurturing and mothering, etc. It's appealing, it's everything Rick lost when Lori died. It's everything he wants for his children, and in that respect I get it. But on the flip-side of that coin, I don't think it's exclusive to Jessie; if anyone had done that for him with similar attributes he might've fallen for them instead. I count it as being like really affectionate Stockholm Syndrome.

As for reasoning... he's right, ultimately. Deana has said she and her group found Alexandria right around the time of the outbreak, so they haven't been out in the wild. Rick has. He's been through that first camp up in the hills, the CDC, the Greene Farm, the Prison, Terminus... he knows what's really out there and what can hurt them, and he sees it growing from the inside-out. He wants to protect the place, but he either doesn't know how or he's forgotten. The Governor came back and destroyed the prison. The Terminus people allowed in those barbarians and they irreversibly messed-up the mindset of those that lived there, corrupting them into cannibals who kill first and don't bother asking questions later.

While I do side with Rick in that regard, I do think he could've made his point in a cleaner way; getting into a brawl out on the street, bloodied, ranting and waving a gun around... not the best way to convince others. That said, what else was he supposed to do? Deana said to leave a wife-beater alone, one who Rick clearly cares for and who he lives right next door to, he tries to do the right thing (like he was appointed to do by Deana), and then gets attacked by Pete, the untouchable surgeon. While Rick clearly went overboard, it is, at least in part, self-defense, and again, he did have a point. It just kinda got muddied is all...

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Also, I think that "society" is a cover term for where they are. There is no "society" in their world any more. They just want to keep being blissfully ignorant about reality. At least Rick isn't fooling himself.

^What Doom said.

Originally posted by W.West View Post
            Sure he's suffered but I don't think this episode was any sign of him not understanding. I think he and Carol are absolutely right in that these people are happy with their ignorance and it will get them killed. I don't think PTSD is what got Rick into trouble here, its just bad social skills meeting ignorance. He would have to slowly change the culture of that place in order for it to work well and that just doesn't make sense.

Ignorance? He understands perfectly fine, for better or worse, but I see it less as bad social skills and more as desperation; he's desperate for a safe haven, he's desperate to keep those he loves safe, he's desperate for Jessie in ways I doubt even he fully understands, and he's desperate to do what he knows needs to be done, but it's just impatience and fear. He's not willing to go through proper channels, to convince others, and with good reason: he tried to reason with the Governor (twice), and look how that ended up- both times. What Rick's encountered out in the "real world" has hardened him and hardwired him to jump to the most obvious conclusion, which for him means getting rid of a troublemaker before they do some real damage.

...So I suppose I can see how that might be construed as PTSD. He could've been flashing back to the Governor, to Gareth, even that bottom-bitch prisoner who let all the Walkers in back at the prison, and just reacted instinctively like Goat Lantern said: to protect his people, which he now counts as the people in Alexandria, or at least Jessie and her children.

Comment

• I meant Deanna's ignorance not Rick's.

BTW, am I the only one who gets angry every time someone shoots all these damn zombies? WTF Sasha, bullets don't grow on fucking trees!

Comment

• :Moderator:

No W, they have infinite bullets, until the worst possible time to run out comes around.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Bullets are scarce but idiocy runs rampant. I'm shocked that no one has herded zombies up like cattle and corralled them... seems like an easy way to deal with it. Airgun to the head a la no country for old men. Boom no more zombie apocalypse...

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                    The damn-near total absence of Glenn (not to mention him not being able to tell his side of the story to Deana)
                    we dont know that to be true at all; all that scene did was show how the 2 character recalled the events; do U really think Glenn wouldve been prevented from giving his side of things and NOBODY from his crew wouldve brought it up (which didnt happen, from wat I remem)?

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                    Bullets are scarce but idiocy runs rampant. I'm shocked that no one has herded zombies up like cattle and corralled them... seems like an easy way to deal with it. Airgun to the head a la no country for old men. Boom no more zombie apocalypse...
                    that......is a very good idea actually; the only 2 problems would be finding a location that could hold them for dispatching (personally, Id say a quarry pit works best as U'd also have the benefit of taking away their mobility due to broken limbs from the fall inside) & how to move around w/o getting pinched yurself in the process.

Tazer

Comment

• It was a pretty good episode. The all out brawl with Rick and the wifebeating dick alone made it worth watching. I liked how Glenn and the other guy's version of events were cut together and told to the viewer through rick and Deanna's eyes.

In my head I can see how I think the season will end next week, but I'm sure there will probably be like three things that either happen differently or are an added surprise. I like the mix of how it roughly follows the narrative of the comic series but still has enough differences to keep me from getting bored.

Comment

• "Aww, sunshine. You don't get both."

Comment

• ”And I want my dish back clean when you're done.”
                          -best line of the entire show

Comment

• Carol has become my favorite character on the show! "Sunshine" is going to be my new word for a while...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                              "Sunshine" is going to be my new word for a while...
                              I had an Uncle that lived on the Cape who would call me that whenever I slept in late. True story! lol

Comment

• Nah, the best line last night was "How many of you will I have to kill to save you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X