Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Thread (Walking Dead TV Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but Carl is a badass now and she's dead..!!!

Around season2, it was funny

via Motorola RAZR XT910
    Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

• Frank Darabont refuses to watch 'The Walking Dead' after AMC 'broke my heart'

Frank Darabont says he refuses to watch the mega-rated drama that he launched three years ago.
      Asked by Entertainment Weekly if he still watches The Walking Dead, the series’ former showrunner replied, “No more than I would go to the wedding of somebody who broke my heart and left me for the Pilates instructor. One does become very emotionally attached to the things that one does. I get tremendously invested. Why would I do that? Absolutely not, I won’t.”
      Darabont was pushed out during production of The Walking Dead‘s second season and replaced by Glen Mazzara (who in turn was recently replaced by Scott Gimple). Darabont set to launch his new TNT period crime drama Mob City on Dec. 4. For the new series, Darabont hired fellow The Walking Dead refugees Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn to help round out a cast of cops and gangsters vying for control of Los Angeles.

That said, Darabont’s Mob City star Bernthal still watches his old show.
      “Sure, I’ll always watch The Walking Dead,” he says. “I mean as far as I’m concerned, the people that are on the ground that make that show, the people in Georgia who make that show, the cast and the crew and the producers that are there, they will always be family to me and I will always support them.”“Sure, I’ll always watch The Walking Dead,” he says. “I mean as far as I’m concerned, the people that are on the ground that make that show, the people in Georgia who make that show, the cast and the crew and the producers that are there, they will always be family to me and I will always support them.”
      http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/19/fr...-walking-dead/

Comment

• Still don't get why they pushed Darabont out. Rick waking up and getting to Atlanta are still some of the best episodes in the show's history.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by robojac View Post
          Frank Darabont refuses to watch 'The Walking Dead' after AMC 'broke my heart'

That said, Darabont’s Mob City star Bernthal still watches his old show.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/19/fr...-walking-dead/
          cry baby

Comment

• Frank Darabont is the mother fucking MAN.

The Mist? The Shawshank Redemption? The Majestic? The Green Mile? I'm on board with anything he directs or writes.

Comment

• Yeah, makes me wonder how much better Walking Dead would have been in season 2,3, and 4 with Darabont running things.
              JohnnyV
              Pictionary Master
              Last edited by JohnnyV; 11-22-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Probably my favorite moment in the last episode, now in animated GIF form

Comment

• BROKE YOU SON. OH SNAP!! You in da Guvna's house
                  I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• GUV'NA OUT THERE BREAKING ANKLES LIKE DERRICK ROSE!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                      Probably my favorite moment in the last episode, now in animated GIF form

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Frank Darabont: "Many on The Walking Dead Felt Abused"
                        "Having that family torn apart was very heartbreaking for everybody."

IGN: Were there any lessons that you took from your experience working with AMC on The Walking Dead that you brought into your work on Mob City?

Frank Darabont: Work with nice people. Otherwise don't show up. That's the lesson.

IGN: You recently said that you don't watch The Walking Dead and haven't kept up with the show since you left, which makes sense. You've also said that the priorities weren't caring for the cast and crew. What were the priorities? Was it just financial? Or were there creative differences as well?

Darabont: Money. Greed. Power mongering.

IGN: Were they simply not willing to provide the budget you needed in order to do what you needed to do?

Darabont: The big crux of our argument was budget. If somebody comes and hands you the biggest hit you've ever had you don't just say, 'Okay, now we're going to cut your budgets by 25% across the board. And we don't give a s**t if you care, if you don't like it.' That's just...I don't even understand that kind of thinking. Or how much punishment it visits upon the people who are actually making the show, which was incredibly difficult to begin with. Cutting your resources by a quarter in the following season so they work even longer hours and under harder circumstances? It's inhuman. I'll write a book about this one day.

IGN: Did you ever have a debrief with the cast and crew? At the time, it seemed like everyone was really afraid to comment.

Darabont: Oh yes, they were bullied, and threatened, and their livelihoods threatened, and there was some weight being thrown around. Like I said, I'll write a book. And there are a lot of people who will go on record. That are actually very keen to go on record, because like I said there are a lot of people who felt tremendously abused.

IGN: What were the conversations like? Jeffery DeMunn [who played Dale on The Walking Dead and plays Hal Morrison on Mob City] did end up leaving the show.

Darabont: Yeah, Jeff didn't want to stick around. Because Jeff is a human being and he's got a tremendous...he doesn't need the work. He doesn't have a very extravagant lifestyle and he wants peace of mind in his life. He's a very good and decent man that way; which is absolutely no reflection on anybody else who stayed with the production. Who had to stay with the production. Who were actually obliged to stay with the production. I actually had a few people, well more than a few people, call and say, 'What do you want us to do? We're thinking of walking off the set. I'm thinking of leaving. I'm thinking of quitting.' And I said do not do that for me. Don't do that. Don't confuse love or loyalty to me with taking some kind of stand that's only going to harm you. Don't expose yourself to legal action or retaliation, which you know these people will take. And just don't do it. It was heartwarming to hear people expressing that loyalty, but I didn't want anyone to compromise their livelihoods. I mean these people have to work and support their families.

IGN: And obviously Jon Bernthal [who played Shane on The Walking Dead] is your lead on Mob City, so staying with the show didn't hurt the relationship with you.

Darabont: Oh, yeah. Oh, I love that whole cast. And the crew. That was the thing, it was very much a family. It was a family like this [Mob City] is a family. So having that family torn apart for whatever reasons was very heartbreaking for everybody.
                        http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ad-felt-abused

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          The Governor episode last night was boring. I understand why they had to do it, but it was still boring.
                          I couldn't disagree more. We got a glimpse into the post-outbreak world away from the small feel of Rick's group. Plus, we got to see that the Governor isn't the normal stock villain.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                          I agree with that assessment as well. Half of it I was kind of on the edge of my seat, because I was expecting him to just kill them and steal their shit. Until he went to the old folks home. Guess he's just reformed, hopefully it will go off the rails in the next episode.
                          He's not reformed. The outbreak unleashed the darkness within him, but a part of him still wishes he could have the simple, pre-apocalypse life.

Originally posted by Metroplex View Post
                          LOL--superb.

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
                          you sir, are dead inside.!!

can't wait to see his "new family" die so that we get the Dark Side Governor back.!!
                          This new sense of belonging for "Brian" is only going to make him worse when everything falls apart....and it will, of course.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                          Probably my favorite moment in the last episode, now in animated GIF form

He should start referring to himself as "The Answer".
                          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Comment

• The Gov & Carol vs The Prison Peeps

Daryl would just cry

via Motorola RAZR XT910

Comment

• Originally posted by Metroplex View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X