Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Thread (Walking Dead TV Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Script Review

Comment

"Could do for horror what Battlestar Galactica did for sci-fi?" Sounds great!

Comment

'The Walking Dead' Pilot to Begin Lensing in May

Bloody Disgusting has learned that a May 15 start date has been locked for the pilot episode of "The Walking Dead", AMC's live-action comic book adaptation being directed by Frank Darabont. Shooting will commence in Atlanta, GA with hopes of bringing us a new TV series based on one of the greatest comics of all time. Published by Image Comics, Robert Kirkman's tale chronicles the travels of a group of people trying to survive in a world stricken by a zombie apocalypse.
        via BloodlyDigusting

Comment

Pfft! I was just to post that, since, y'know, I actually care about Walking Dead!
          The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Rumors: Who will play RICK?

What just arrives in my mail? Could it be the latest TPB volume of Robert Kirkman’s ongoing zombie masterpiece "The Walking Dead"? It sure was. Easily one of the best things I have ever read (just behind "Preacher"), it still hasn't settled in that AMC (the creative geniuses behind "Mad Men") will be bringing the comic to life as a TV series with Frank Darabont (The Mist) aboard to direct. What's been going through my horror-juiced brain? Who will strap on the boots of Rick Grimes, a small-town police officer from Cynthiana, Kentucky? While I have my own personal choices, some rumors have trickled on to the internet that I found quite interesting. Read on to see who is "said to be" in talks and then chime in with your own personal thoughts below (you never know who's reading).

What just arrives in my mail? Could it be the latest TPB volume of Robert Kirkman’s ongoing zombie masterpiece "The Walking Dead"? It sure was. Easily one of the best things I have ever read (just behind "Preacher"), it still hasn't settled in that AMC (the creative geniuses behind "Mad Men") will be bringing the comic to life as a TV series with Frank Darabont (The Mist) aboard to direct. What's been going through my horror-juiced brain? Who will strap on the boots of Rick Grimes, a small-town police officer from Cynthiana, Kentucky? While I have my own personal choices, some rumors have trickled on to the internet that I found quite interesting. Read on to see who is "said to be" in talks and then chime in with your own personal thoughts below (you never know who's reading).

While I don't really like to post rumors from sites I don't visit on a regular basis (because I'm not sure how credible they are), Big Shiny Robot is claiming to have some very reliable inside sources who know three names being thrown around for the role of Rick in Frank Darabont’s comic book adaptation shooting this May (more here).

I really hope the people at AMC understand how big of a decision this is. We're not talking about a single feature film, we're having a conversation about the face of horror, a man who will be in our face 13 hours a year for (hopefully) the foreseeable future.

So without further adieu, here are the 3 names rumored to be in the ring for Rick. One of which makes me sick to my stomach.

"The most reliable sources point us to JAMIE BAMBER as in the running for Rick," reports Big Shiny Robot.

"Next on the list is MARK PELLEGRINO, who is on Dexter and plays Jacob on "Lost"." A PERFECT choice if you ask me.

Lastly, the vomit inducing suggestion of STUART TOWNSEND (please, God, NO!).

via Bloodydisgusting
            W.West
            Last edited by W.West; 02-13-2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I say Jacob.

Comment

Gotta go Bamber.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Castle View Post
                  Gotta go Bamber.
                  Agreed. He was great in Battlestar Galactica

Comment

I haven't really read this thread because I'm in the middle of reading the series and I don't want to be spoiled...but MAN what a great book!

After reading the firsrt 6 issue trade, I went out and bought all four of the 12 issue deluxe hardcovers, which I'm still reading. Worth every penny! I'm trying to get caught up before volume 5 that goes up to issue #60 comes out, which I believe is pretty soon.

As for the tv show, AMC did the Prisoner mini series. It really wasn't...good, but that's not my point. The production values were through the roof. They really spent money making the show LOOK good. How it was written has nothing to do with it. If AMC puts half the effort into Walking Dead that they did on Prisoner, it could be GREAT.

Comment

Mark looks perfect
                      I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                        I haven't really read this thread because I'm in the middle of reading the series and I don't want to be spoiled...but MAN what a great book!

After reading the firsrt 6 issue trade, I went out and bought all four of the 12 issue deluxe hardcovers, which I'm still reading. Worth every penny! I'm trying to get caught up before volume 5 that goes up to issue #60 comes out, which I believe is pretty soon.

As for the tv show, AMC did the Prisoner mini series. It really wasn't...good, but that's not my point. The production values were through the roof. They really spent money making the show LOOK good. How it was written has nothing to do with it. If AMC puts half the effort into Walking Dead that they did on Prisoner, it could be GREAT.
                        Plus, Frank Darabont's involved, and he's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post

Don't forget that AMC also make Breaking Bad, which is great, and Mad Men, which is possibly the best show on TV right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                            Don't forget that AMC also make Breaking Bad, which is great, and Mad Men, which is possibly the best show on TV right now.
                            Finally got on the Mad Men bandwagon awhile ago. I need to watch Breaking Bad too. Bryan Cranston is amazing.

Comment

First Cast Member announced

The first casting word for the pilot came today courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter who revealed that actor Jon Bernthal will play police officer Shane in the zombie epic. As fans of the series know, Shane was lead character Rick Grimes partner before the undead outbreak overtook America, however saying much more about his role in the comic would probably constitute spoilers for any new fans, though the trade notes the "Ghost Writer" actor's character as "an outgoing bachelor."

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                First Cast Member announced
                                Oddly enough, I just saw him as Carlos today, in How I Met Your Mother.

Um, I barely know him. He was Al Capone in Night at the Museum 2 apparently?

I don't remember him. Hope he's good.

Comment

Working...
                                X