Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Thread (Walking Dead TV Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hybrid Lantern View Post
    How many think Merle couldn't go back because he felt bad about what he did to Glenn and his role in what happened to Maggie?
    I don't think that was it. I think it was the emotional toll and guilt for all that he's done. If you recall the conversation he had with Michonne, she said that truly evil men don't look at things the way Merle was beginning to seem them.

I thought the follow up element to this, which they didn't directly explain, and allowed the viewer to connect on their own (and I love elements like that), is that Merle remembered the number of people he's killed (16). It follows up Michonne's point that with evil people there is no regret, and why would someone who's evil remember how many people they've killed? Do you think the Governor remembers the exact amount?

With Merle, everything he had done was beginning to catch up to him. It didn't help having Michonne bait him with her speeches as well. Which I thought was well done. I thought Merle's ending was completely fitting, if a bit telegraphed.
    JohnnyV
    Pictionary Master
    Last edited by JohnnyV; 03-25-2013, 08:19 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Merle was just a misunderstood man
      Poor Darryl

via Motorola RAZR XT910
      Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

• :Moderator:

While I liked the way Merle went out, I wish the scene had been longer. Daryl should have shoved him around more and yelled at him for stuff that had happened between them that would never be resolved now, and that now, once again, Merle leaves Daryl to fend for himself in a shitty world.

No one has talked about the season finale yet (which I just saw tonight). A lot of people on FB didn't seem overly pleased with it, but I thought it was pretty good. The prison attack was nothing at all like the comics (in which it was a HUGE turning point). The Governor snapping and killing his own people was pretty intense, I didn't see that coming.

Overall the finale set up the next season to be looking heavily in Ricks favour, which means the Governor is going to somehow really fuck things up for him in the beginning of next season. Or...maybe the Governor is almost over as a plot, and it will be time to move on to something else.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• I thought the finale was...okay. Seemed more like a mid season finale than the end to an entire season. Andrea seemed like a waste, but that might be just me because she's so much better in the comics. And I didn't really expect them to extend the prison era into two seasons. I figured they would move on and the governor would have died here. I'm not against the idea of them getting another season's use out of the location; I suppose if I was making the show I'd want to milk that for all it was worth too. I just hope they make staying worthwhile next season storywise.

Comment

• Wrote down my thoughts in the TV thread...

What a massive disappointment, and terrible ending to what was otherwise a good season. The episode had the feeling like the show-runners are scared of killing off important characters because their one of the top shows on cable TV. I think they sensed how no one gave a shit about Andrea anymore, so they killed her off and tried to be dramatic about it. Even though we all pretty much wanted to see her die. Which made her "emotional" death feel like such a cop out. Trying to force an emotional response isn't going to cut it. Hell, my heart sank more for Merle's death than it did for Andrea.

My biggest complaint though is why the fuck did Rick move the people from Woodbury to the prison. Shouldn't that shit have gone in the opposite direction. You have a wide, sprawling town for fuck's sake...why are you choosing to live in a prison when you have the other option?

The best part of the episode was Carl, and he continues to move up the list of my favorite characters on the show. Mostly because he's shown so much progression since the first season, probably the most of anyone on the show. Starting to look like HE might be Shane's kid. I hope the dynamic between him and Rick intensifies going into season 4. And seriously, how the fuck could we not get closure with the governor? Don't stretch that shit out longer than it should.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• I read on another message board they had intended on the prison set being around a total of four years. If I see proof the next I'll post it here.

EDIT: Turns out it was a person posting what they heard from a friend that is connected to the show.
              Hybrid Lantern
              Corps Honor Guard
              Last edited by Hybrid Lantern; 04-05-2013, 03:59 PM.
              Originally posted by fearless2814.1
              ...You're a chore, you know that? You are a chore.

Comment

• It was cool to see Carl grow a pair so quickly
                Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

• D'ANGELO BARKSDALE IS ON 'THE WALKING DEAD' NOW. Seriously, first Chad Coleman, now Larry Gilliard Jr. How long before Rick's group wind up in the projects in Baltimore?

Comment

• I'm in major Walking Dead withdrawal. 3 months seems like an eternity of waiting.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/07/17/th...-walking-dead/
                      robojac
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by robojac; 07-18-2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Yo.

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• THE WALKING DEAD "The Oath" Webseries Launches!

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• AMC's The Walking Dead is on the cover of Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...cover-20131009

Comment

• 'Walking Dead' Casts Two Pivotal Comic Book Characters

"Retired at 35" alum Josh McDermitt will portray Eugene, a former science teacher in the series created by Robert Kirkman, while "Southland's" Michael Cudlitz will play tough-guy Abraham.

Josh McDermitt(left) Eugene(right)

First image of Michael Cudlitz as Abraham

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...l-comic-648071

Cudlitz looks great as Abe but I'm surprised at how early he'll appear on the show. In the comics Abe, Eugene, and Rosita first appeared way after Rick and the gang left the prison. This show always takes liberties with the source material but I don't have a problem with it being different.

Comment

• Huh, never pictured Abraham as a redhead...

Comment

Working...
                                X