Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Thread (Walking Dead TV Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The comments on that page are quite funny.

Is Jessica Alba a producer on this?
    Yes the show has been a let down, but its not that bad, I could probably find worser shows on TV right now.

I didn't realize writers were hating so much on this show, surely (dont call me shirley) the show going freelance would benefit more writers out there.

My only problem for next season is that production values will be half of what they are now, that and it's an extremely long time untill next October.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
      Yes the show has been a let down, but its not that bad, I could probably find worser shows on TV right now.
      It's actually been a HUGE success. At least financially, and it's about what I expected quality-wise.

It's good, but not as good as the show. So read the fucking comics, you bastards!
      The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

• My episode was way too fucked up, so I'll catch a rerun, but what I saw looked good. Again, particularly the Andrea and Amy scene. They're giving Amy a hell of a lot of justice.
        The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

• I just can't support this show. Why not just call it something else and still have Kirkman writing it? It just cheeses my bacon how much they changed it, and how almost none of it is an improvement over the story development in the comics.

If I watched this and thought "Man, this is actually an interesting twist compared to what happens in the comics" I could put up with all these changes. But nothing that they've changed has felt like an improvement at all, or even feels like it's on the same level. Already bringing the CDC into the picture completely warps what makes the Walking Dead so groovy.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Yo.

elitist..........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I don't think so, Johnny boy has a very valid point, if any of you were actually reading the comic you'd see why readers of it are moaning, it's not even close to the quality of the book.

The only excuse I can give them for changing and rushing with shit is that they had no idea if their was going to be a 2nd season, so decided to cram as much as possible in 6episodes, which I bet they are now regretting.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

I don't think so, Johnny boy has a very valid point, if any of you were actually reading the comic you'd see why readers of it are moaning, it's not even close to the quality of the book.

The only excuse I can give them for changing and rushing with shit is that they had no idea if their was going to be a 2nd season, so decided to cram as much as possible in 6episodes, which I bet they are now regretting.
                I've read 12 Trades of The Walking Dead and I'm not pissing or moaning. Except for the CDC thing they just did I've enjoyed the deviations from the comic, and plus they said and Kirkman said they would deviate.

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                  I've read 12 Trades of The Walking Dead and I'm not pissing or moaning. Except for the CDC thing they just did I've enjoyed the deviations from the comic, and plus they said and Kirkman said they would deviate.
                  You're telling me that you enjoyed the forced plotline about [spoiler]the Mexicans in the nursing home?[/spoiler]

Comment

• Was it my favorite no, did I like how I as a reader didn't know what was gonna happen yes. You know me already I'm not a fan of exact translations from comics to a another medium. I do have my complaints about the CDC, but other wise it's still in the spirit of The Walking Dead imo and I know you'll disagree with it.

Comment

• The one thing they changed which I thought was an improvement is how dedicated Rick stayed to communicating with Morgan. It added a depth to the relationship which wasn't in the comics. Which was the one improvement.

So I'm not against the changes simply because it's different, but that most of the changes haven't been improvements or stayed along the same quality in storytelling.

Comment

• I've never read a Walking Dead comic book, but I am very much enjoying the TV series. It's way better than the EV3NT or Smallville and other shows out there. I was surprise that the survivors have split up after the camp survived the zombie attack.

I look forward to every episode.
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                          I don't think so, Johnny boy has a very valid point, if any of you were actually reading the comic you'd see why readers of it are moaning, it's not even close to the quality of the book.
                          ELITISTS!!!!!!!!!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                            Yo.

ELITISTS!!!!!!!!!

Tazer
                            I'm not elitist, I'm right ...

Comment

I've read every issue of The Walking Dead and am a huge fan of the comics, and I think the TV series is great. Yes, I preferred the way some things unfolded in the comics, but I think the TV show has actually improved on other elements.

It's a different entity, though. I think if more of the fans didn't view it as soaring or falling based on how closely it sticks to the rigid framework of the comic, and instead judged it on its own merits and how well it captures the themes and the spirit of the source material, then they'd recognise how successful it has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                                I've read every issue of The Walking Dead and am a huge fan of the comics, and I think the TV series is great. Yes, I preferred the way some things unfolded in the comics, but I think the TV show has actually improved on other elements.

It's a different entity, though. I think if more of the fans didn't view it as soaring or falling based on how closely it sticks to the rigid framework of the comic, and instead judged it on its own merits and how well it captures the themes and the spirit of the source material, then they'd recognise how successful it has been.
                                QFT x10

Agreed dude. I also enjoyed everyone of your reviews. They were pretty much spot on for how I felt.
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X