"The rules are simple: once you go in, you don't come out."

40th anniversary.
    That's a damn great poster.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      That's a damn great poster.
      Yeah, I'm not even sure which country that is, but I often prefer the foreign posters.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 07-11-2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Even as a child, Kurt Russell was a remarkably good actor.

Comment

• D.E.B.S. (2004)

"You need to speak English or French. Frenglish is not a language."

Pretty dumb, but I guess not a total waste.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 07-12-2021, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• What's Up, Tiger Lily? (1966)

"I was almost shot and killed before the opening credits!"

A Japanese B-grade spy flick is given a new dubbing and a completely unrelated soundtrack at the direction of Woody Allen. In this version, the plot revolves around the theft of the world's best egg salad recipe and the music is provided by Lovin' Spoonful.

My dad had never seen this and ultimately thought it was only okay, but I suppose that given the constraints of working with pre-existing material it really couldn't be allowed much freedom. The jokes are pretty good sometimes and the music was catchy, so it wasn't a total loss.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• [Rifftrax Live:] Timer Chasers (1994/2016)

"And that is why nobody has every heard of General Fatty Q. Slubbington."

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              Even as a child, Kurt Russell was a remarkably good actor.
              I once heard a story (not sure if it’s true) that when Disney contracted him as child star his dad told him “you’re making a man’s wages, do a man’s work” and he took it as his work ethic.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
              What's Up, Tiger Lily? (1966) . . . My dad had never seen this and ultimately thought it was only okay, but I suppose that given the constraints of working with pre-existing material it really couldn't be allowed much freedom. The jokes are pretty good sometimes and the music was catchy, so it wasn't a total loss.
              Yeah, it’s alright, but it’s not a very good example of Woody Allen’s work and even though I don’t love that movie either, Kung Pow is probably a better example of a reworked Asian flick (though they also shot new stuff so that’s not fair).
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 07-14-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Is it weird that I enjoyed it more the second time? I guess the lack of anticipation and expectation made it a better viewing experience, or something. Still an amazing achievement of cinema, imo. I can't wait for it to come out on UHD/BD so I can watch it without the HDR filter and see the colors really pop.

I seriously can't stand the muting of colors HDR causes. I'm completely befuddled by it as it claims that it makes colors brighter and blacks darker, but only seems to make everything darker. I jokingly say that HDR makes Justice League look like Man of Steel, and makes Man of Steel look black & white, but it's only a minor exaggeration. I genuinely don't understand the insistence of streaming services using it, and more so the lack of TV functionality to remove it entirely. Thankfully my UHD player lets me shut if off, so I can stream through it off Vudu and watch my discs without it, but it doesn't have all the apps I use, so I'm basically just stuck with it when watching stuff on HBOmax and Disney+.

Pretty annoying, but such as it is.
                Parrylakks
                Neko Samurai
                Last edited by Parrylakks; 07-12-2021, 08:48 AM.
                Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                  Loki episode 5. Wheres jeff when i need him for a dr doom question

What's up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post

I think movies and television have been too dark for a long time. Apparently it goes back to the Godfather movies.

Black-and-white photography created a mood that was lost when color came in, and cinematographers have been trying to recapture it ever since.
                    Trey Strain
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-12-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      What's up?
                      Castle revield at the end of loki episode 5. Not sure if yo watch but dr doom is the only character who lives in a castle and controls time correct?
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        Castle revield at the end of loki episode 5. Not sure if yo watch but dr doom is the only character who lives in a castle and controls time correct?

Yes he does live in a castle and can control time, but so can Kang the Conqueror. And there might be a few other Marvel characters that can do the same, but I can't think of any off the top of my head aside from Kang.

I watched that episode and did not notice a Castle at the end. (You are talking about the 5 Loki's episode, right? Where there is an alligator Loki, too?)

The other thing that I'm not sure about is whether Marvel acquired full rights to Doom and the F4 after that last horrid movie came out. To the best of my knowledge, Fox still owns the rights to that specific franchise, but they very well may have sold it to Marvel without me knowing. I have to check on that.

Comment

• Didn't Disney outright buy 20th Century Fox? If so, I assume anything that Fox had the rights to would be Disney's now, meaning there is no barrier to X-men or Fantastic 4 in the MCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            Didn't Disney outright buy 20th Century Fox? If so, I assume anything that Fox had the rights to would be Disney's now, meaning there is no barrier to X-men or Fantastic 4 in the MCU.

Really? I knew Disney owned Marvel, but had no idea about Fox. So, then, yeah, I guess any Marvel character is interchangeable now.

Learn something new everyday! Thanks for the info!

Comment

• In fact, now that I think about it, I think Disney+ has all the old Fox F4 movies on the platform, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                                Yes he does live in a castle and can control time, but so can Kang the Conqueror. And there might be a few other Marvel characters that can do the same, but I can't think of any off the top of my head aside from Kang.

I watched that episode and did not notice a Castle at the end. (You are talking about the 5 Loki's episode, right? Where there is an alligator Loki, too?)

The other thing that I'm not sure about is whether Marvel acquired full rights to Doom and the F4 after that last horrid movie came out. To the best of my knowledge, Fox still owns the rights to that specific franchise, but they very well may have sold it to Marvel without me knowing. I have to check on that.
                                Ok thanks from what i understand they own everything ff with doom and silver surfer. A lot of fans thought kang since hes in antman 3 but a castle is odd to show for kang i assume. Yes at the end when they defeat the monster thats when a castle was shown
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X