The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You shouldn't have everything set in stone when you start because you'll probably get some good ideas as you go along. But with Lost, they were trying to baffle and bewilder people to get them more and more intrigued, and relying on their ability to pull a great ending out of their ass at the last minute. They failed at that, but those guys still made their fortune off it.
    Yeah, I gave up on Lost early in season 2 because I felt strung along, but then again, that was about the time I all but gave up on current TV shows.

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The Prisoner was sort of the same way. Patrick McGoohan didn't know how it would end until he wrote the final two-parter. He actually came up with a very clever ending, but it was so surreal, crazy and opaque that people were furious about it. They came to appreciate it more with the passage of time, especially after McGoohan explained it fully.
    I've never heard his explanation, but I loved that show and the ending. There were only a couple weak episodes. Otherwise, it was a brilliant series.

Comment

• ‘Han Solo’ Movie Eyeing ‘Westworld’ Star Thandie Newton

Comment

• It's time to ground this guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/harr...213130154.html

Comment

• At least the passengers of the commercial flight have a good story: we got buzzed by Han Solo!
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 02-15-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• It might be time to take the plane keys from him. He is 74 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              I had always been under the impression that he filmed Episode 4 first (or what became known later as Episode 4, anyway) not so much because he didn't think earlier stories were worth telling, as because he had no idea that he would get to make more than one film, and that was the one that best stood alone.

However, you make a good point about how long he waited before starting the Prequels. If he had been brimming with what he thought were excellent ideas for prequel movies, it does seem odd that he would wait so long to act on it, even though the previous films were so popular.
              Apparently, he didn't make the prequels until he thought the technology was there. The films were really more about him pushing CGI, then they were about telling good stories, and it shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                It might be time to take the plane keys from him. He is 74 now.
                My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Yo.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/di...ay-1201990019/

‘Star Wars’ Force Friday Toy Unveiling to Return for ‘The Last Jedi’

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Micheal Fassbender as Grand Admiral Thrawn

Jar Jar Binks as Bane
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Han Solo Film Courting The Wire’s Michael K. Williams for ‘Key Role’

Because a good cast had to be great. So excited for this.

Sidebar: We should all be thanking Christopher Nolan for all these comic book movies getting superior actors. If he didn't take "The Godfather Approach" to casting in Batman Begins then we'd still be getting no names in every role.

Comment

• Grand Admiral Thrawn in the animated series Rebels has been one of the better villains to be introduced lately. I like his cerebral approach to tracking down the rebels. Speaking of Rebels the last episode was pretty awesome.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Yeah, I've really enjoyed Thrawn on the show. Glad to see he made the jump from fan fic to canon!

Comment

• He was canon in the books/comics and at least the one TIE Fighter game, though. Guy wasn't in either trilogy, but he was still legit.

Comment

• ROTJ director Richard Marquand discusses Emperor's entrance with Ian McDiarmid

Comment

Working...
                                X