The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
    That's a very poignant piece of criticism, and I was thinking the exact same thing once I read the plot on wiki a few days ago. I was thinking about posting something along those same lines here, but decided against it.

Comment

• The 11 Biggest Differences Between the Book and Movie Versions of The Force Awakens

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Eh, not quite - "I hate the idea that whenever I watch Leia and Han kiss in Empire Strikes Back from now on, I’ll know that in a few years their son will have murdered the students of Luke’s Jedi Academy, and their romance will end in pain."

Estimate is off by about 20(?) years or so .
        JohnnyV
        Pictionary Master
        Last edited by JohnnyV; 12-23-2015, 03:08 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• J.J. Abrams Regrets Not Directing ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’?

Comment

I get where this guy is coming from but I do not share his views.

One, the series is called "Star Wars" not "Star Peace and Harmony" or "Star Trek." I really did not want to see a rehash of the Prequels where there would be a new Galactic Senate and debates about trade routes. Where there was another Jedi Temple and everyone just sat around talking like they were in the Matrix 2&3.

Two, I would have thought the Extended Universe books would have provided the notion there's still remnants of the Empire still to fight.

Three, we know how Harrison Ford was reluctant to reprise his role.

Four, I think Star Wars fans all knew The Force Awakens was the film that was going to transition the characters of the original trilogy to this new one; a handing of the torch. Which is why the film was so familiar, yet different.

All that being said, if that one aspect is the biggest criticism of the film, I'm fine with that as it's not a criticism of the film itself but the ideology built up from personal imagination/fan fiction.

I heard and read that quite a few people have seen this film three times already. I'm planning on seeing at least two more times before it leaves theaters. However, I probably won't see it on IMAX again as tickets have pretty been sold out in the coming days and it's about 40 minutes from where I live.
            Darth_Primus
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Darth_Primus; 12-23-2015, 05:52 PM.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...wars-spoilers/

Comment

• /\ Just on your mention of the EU, you are correct, but since none of it was ever canon, I don't think fans would factor that into anything new that came about regarding films and tv shows.

Comment

• Sad state of things all the way around. One, that we live in a world where a post like this must be taken with all seriousness. Two, that a person would have the need to threaten someone with gun violence for spoilers. If you don't want to be spoiled, stay off the internet.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I posted this a while back but some of the newer posters haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDg5fGSTR7Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                      I posted this a while back but some of the newer posters haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDg5fGSTR7Q
                      Cuz The SITH In The Hood Are Always Hard
                      You Come Talkin That Trash, They'll Pull Ya Card
                      Knowin' Nutin In Life But To Be Legit'
                      Dont Quote Me Boy Coz I Aint Said ****

I found that video a couple of weeks ago and posted it on Facebook for kicks and giggles.

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2472837

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' stunt double Olivia Jackson facing amputation of arm after motorcycle crash

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Eh. I'm glad he did. It's pretty obvious why he turned down the eight film, so they could continue the old trilogies tradition of having a different director for each film. Mix it up basically!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                            Eh. I'm glad he did. It's pretty obvious why he turned down the eight film, so they could continue the old trilogies tradition of having a different director for each film. Mix it up basically!
                            Or more likely, he didn't want to commit the next 6-8 years of his life to Star Wars because Disney wants to put out an "Episode" every other year.

Comment

• And he would have had to start preproduction on 8 before 7 was finished and it may have suffered for it.

Comment

• I would post this in a non-TFA Star Wars thread, but we seem to have only this SW thread left.

So, here's the (in)famous Star Wars Holiday Special along with a riffed version and a satirical review:

+ YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
                                ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

[Includes original commercials. Rifftrax is done by the same guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000.]

+ YouTube Video
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 12-24-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X