Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    The Top 10 Craziest, Most Blatant "Star Wars" Rip-Offs

I knew about The Man Who Saved The World and Starcrash, but I don't see Battle Beyond the Stars there (maybe it did get edged out for lack of craziness). Looks like I have a few "homages" to hunt down now.
    Eragon surprised me. I have that movie but haven't seen it in ages. I don't remember thinking it was a SW rip-off, though.

Comment

• It's basically Star Wars in Middle Earth

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
        It's basically Star Wars in Middle Earth
        Interesting. I will have to see it again soon to compare.

Comment

• Ugh don't

That movie was trash

Comment

• My mother really liked the book series, but I don't think she particularly cared for the movie (at least she's never expressed interest in seeing it again or owning it).

Comment

Ugh don't

That movie was trash
              I couldn't even make it 5 minutes into that movie. It was terrible.
              Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• Comment

• JJ says no mid or end credit scene for The Force Awakens.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I can't believe we're so close.

Comment

• Eragon was easily one of the worst book to movie adaptations I have ever seen.
                      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                        Eragon was easily one of the worst book to movie adaptations I have ever seen.
                        Second only to A Serious of Unfortunate Events

Comment

• Only 10 more days

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                            Eragon was easily one of the worst book to movie adaptations I have ever seen.
                            Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                            I never knew there was such a strong general distaste for that movie until you guys mentioned it. I was ambivalent about it way back when I saw it; no strong feeling either way.

Comment

Huh, I found nothing objectionable in Series of Unfortunate Events as an adaptation.

I did, however, think How to Train Your Dragon was absolutely abysmal as an adaptation...despite the fact that it made for an entertaining flick.

Comment

• That's a plus. When I do get around to it, I don't have to watch a dozen minutes of credits while wanting to hit the bathroom.

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                                Only 10 more days
                                Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                I can't believe we're so close.
                                I was out with my mother (who claims Star Wars as her favorite movie of all time) today for our annual Christmas shopping day and we both mentioned how we're not really excited for this. I don't even mean that as a dig on those who are excited for it because I get it in theory, but for me it feels like the real Star Wars was done decades ago and everything else is a last gasp.

Comment

Working...
                                X