The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
    I gotta agree... and historically I have not been a big fan of Lucas.

Anybody who donates that much money is a freakin' hero. Even if it's only a tiny fraction of their actual worth.
    Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    I agree. I might be MORE impressed by somebody who gave less, but for whom the giving actually was a hardship, but that doesn't mean I can't respect (and be impressed by) such an action as this.
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    You'd have to be an enormous asshole NOT to be impressed by this!
    According to Wikipedia, Lucas was only worth 3.3 billion dollars BEFORE the deal, so the 2 billion he donated was more than a tiny fraction of his wealth.
    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
      Oh no. So he's only donating TWO billion? What a dick.
      Literally made me lol.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
      You'd have to be an enormous asshole NOT to be impressed by this!
      Well, some charities are more impressive than others. For instance, I'd be happier if it was Red Cross, Salvation Army, Unicef, Habitat for Humanity etc. than say Little Leagues (not that they're bad) or a fund for decriminalizing Heroin.

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
      In the future Disney will own the rights to families DNA.

It will be like Logans Run, everything but Disney is banned ...
      Indeed. The Company, a division of Disney-McWalmart-Warner-News Corp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Well, some charities are more impressive than others. For instance, I'd be happier if it was Red Cross, Salvation Army, Unicef, Habitat for Humanity etc. than say Little Leagues (not that they're bad) or a fund for decriminalizing Heroin.
        Oh so now Lucas needs to pass YOUR muster on what's a good enough cause to donate 2 billion dollars to? The NERVE of him not to call you up on speed dial to ask for YOUR advice!

Comment

• Haters gonna hate.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Either this thread is broken, or something has gone very, very right...

Comment

• http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...isneyland.aspx
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I posted the video a couple pages ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                          + YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                          Reposting.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                              According to Wikipedia, Lucas was only worth 3.3 billion dollars BEFORE the deal, so the 2 billion he donated was more than a tiny fraction of his wealth.
                              Wow, ONLY 3.3 billion before. Gosh. How did he manage?

I can't tell if you were criticizing what I said or not. I AM impressed with his giving. But I don't consider it a hardship to give up ANY amount of money, if you are left with multiple billions of dollars. That's all I'm saying. I'm certainly not expecting him to "give 'til it hurts". Giving doesn't have to be a hardship to be praiseworthy.

But I HAVE often been impressed by folks that DO "give 'til it hurts", generally more so than in this case, even if the amounts involved were less. That isn't meant to denigrate Lucas' actions, which are quite impressive.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I'm guessing this means Star Wars: The Clone Wars is over since its distributor is CN, which I'm pretty sure is owned by WB. I suppose it could live on via a Disney owned channel though.
                                MEH

Comment

Working...
                                X