The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    Screw the EU. I never counted any of it as canon. Unless it happened in the six films, it's all fair game to wipe away as far as I'm concerned. The thought of EU fans gnashing their teeth also brings a smile to my face. I don't even care if they ignore the Clone Wars animated shows.

I think offspring of Leia and Luke should be involved. Luke restored the Jedi order so maybe he abolished the rule that members of the order couldn't marry and have children to avoid problems his parents encountered. That would give the benefit of allowing the Skywalker name to continue, which it absolutely MUST. Leia's children would have the Solo name.
    I find it a bit amusing that you say "Screw the EU" and then refer to how Luke restored the Jedi Order- something that only ever happened in the EU.

Comment

• I don't really see much room for excitement, especially since...

This shit right may happen...

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
      Ugh...

Are we seriously discussing this?

Disney.... a company that markets almost exclusively to stupid impressionable youth is going to pass up an opportunity to make a trilogy with young fresh marketable stars so that they can cast a handful of actors in their 50s 60s and dear God Harrison Ford is SEVENTY YEARS OLD....

Why? To sell tickets to a handful of nerds who have already promised 10% of their income to the franchise til they die anyway????

Stop it.

Just stop it.

Cameos? Maybe.....

Star Wars sequels STARRING Fisher, Hamill and Ford???????

You all sound like Tazz...
      Think about it, "Star Wars Episode VII: Who Gives A Shit" starring Justin Bieber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scythe View Post
        Think about it, "Star Wars Episode VII: Who Gives A Shit" starring Justin Bieber.
        Bieber's trying too hard to be more metal than Slayer to associate with either Lucas or Disney, let alone both.

HE TRIES SOOOOOO HARD!
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Edit: Stupid double post.

I'm not ready for the wave of newly hatched SW nerds being posers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I find it a bit amusing that you say "Screw the EU" and then refer to how Luke restored the Jedi Order- something that only ever happened in the EU.
            Did it? Huh. My point is, I'd rather the EU be a slave to movie continuity than the movies to be a slave to EU continuity. I could care less if the movies cherrypick some of the GOOD ideas from the books, as long as they don't use it as a blueprint.

Also, I think we can assume Boba Fett will make an official return in the new trilogy.

Comment

Also, I think we can assume Boba Fett will make an official return in the new trilogy.
              I hope not. I see absolutely no reason to revisit Boba Fett. Especially since he should be even OLDER than our heroes, if he's even alive. I'm perfectly happy with Boba Fett going out like a punk at the Sarlaac Pit battle and never being heard from again, personally. I never got the level of fascination with a character that did so very, very little of note.

EDIT: Since the article West linked indicates that the new trilogy will take place while Luke, Leia, etc. are still relatively young, Boba Fett's age wouldn't be an issue. But I still don't want him coming back.
              Mister Ed
              Horse of a Different Color
              Last edited by Mister Ed; 11-01-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Bitches love Mandalorian armor. So he got himself some Mandalorian armor.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  Since the article West linked indicates that the new trilogy will take place while Luke, Leia, etc. are still relatively young, Boba Fett's age wouldn't be an issue. But I still don't want him coming back.
                  That was the TV series, not the new movies.
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• No its the movies. The TV series was not going to have any characters from the movies.

Comment

Did it? Huh. My point is, I'd rather the EU be a slave to movie continuity than the movies to be a slave to EU continuity. I could care less if the movies cherrypick some of the GOOD ideas from the books, as long as they don't use it as a blueprint.

I think the EU is a slave to the films, because the books do not necessarily change the characters themselves, but let them evolve naturally under Lucas' watchful eye. I'm not saying that Disney should use the EU note for note, but as a basic blueprint to establish where the New Republic is 30 or so years later after ROTJ might not be a bad idea.

Yes, Boba Fett did survive the sarlacc. The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy went in depth into how that was accomplished, which thus far is my absolute favorite EU story line to date.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      I hope not. I see absolutely no reason to revisit Boba Fett. Especially since he should be even OLDER than our heroes, if he's even alive. I'm perfectly happy with Boba Fett going out like a punk at the Sarlaac Pit battle and never being heard from again, personally. I never got the level of fascination with a character that did so very, very little of note.

EDIT: Since the article West linked indicates that the new trilogy will take place while Luke, Leia, etc. are still relatively young, Boba Fett's age wouldn't be an issue. But I still don't want him coming back.
                      HERESY! Mister Ed is a witch! He must be burned at the stake! By the great name of Fett!

Comment

Did it? Huh.
                        That it did.

Comment

• I'm saddened Lucas completely shit on the EU like that. No one would care about those books if he didn't initially sign off on them and now he's turning his back on them because he knows that whoever directs the next movie won't give two fucks about them.

There's no reason why the next Star Wars films have to deal with ANY Skywalker or Solo family member. The universe is just that, an entire universe. This is a chance to be completely original and not "be a slave" to previous films. You can set the movies a year after RotJ and still be amazing without Luke, Leia and Han. People showed up to see the prequels, they'll show up to see "spin off" tales.

Comment

• A Star Wars trilogy WITHOUT a Skywalker?!? Really? I do not believe you are even typing that with a straight face!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                              X