Son of Classic Horror Films (50s & 60s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

BTW: I Vampiri...1956...Italian...Mario Bava, who was doing the cinematography, took over as director (like on Caltiki) when the original director bailed...story is based more on the Elizabeth Bathory-bathe in the blood of virgins to keep yourself young forever-type vampire rather than the Nosferatu/Dracula kind.

Comment

Not really 'horror', but it is Sci-Fi, and that's close enough for government work. Nary a single cat-woman nor rock creature to be seen.

Comment

Comment

Never saw Frankenstein's Daughter, just footage from it in a particularly good Frankenstein A&E documentary hosted by Roger Moore than goes over Frankenstein in popular media from years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post

OMG...the ending is downright depressing.

But the one thing they did, which they didn't do in the first two, was leave the ending open. In the first and second movies, we see the same death scene at the end where he just floats to the bottom of the sea, but in this one, it's left open to something that could happen at any later time. If someone wanted to do a 4th installment and keep in continuity, they could. Of course, it would be considerably lengthy in a time differential.

Personally, I like to think that the creature grew back his aquatic qualities that the dumb ass scientists burnt off and just faded back into nature, not to be bothered again.

Comment

Abin Surly
                or ewe sirius
                Last edited by Abin Surly; 06-14-2011, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

I guess Mr. Karloff and Mr. Lorre were busy that week.

Comment

It's really uncanny how much Tor Johnson and George "The Animal" Steele resemble one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Luthor View Post
                        It's really uncanny how much Tor Johnson and George "The Animal" Steele resemble one another.
                        Yep...that would explain the casting.

Comment

I recently viewed George Steel's Shoot Interview for RF video, and it's quite informative on a career that's spanned decades upon decades. What I wasn't aware of, is the fact that the guy was a full-time teacher, and only a part-time wrestler for most of his pro wrestling career. He spoke very highly of Tim Burton, and the entire experience of filming Ed Wood as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Luthor View Post
                              I recently viewed George Steel's Shoot Interview for RF video, and it's quite informative on a career that's spanned decades upon decades. What I wasn't aware of, is the fact that the guy was a full-time teacher, and only a part-time wrestler for most of his pro wrestling career. He spoke very highly of Tim Burton, and the entire experience of filming Ed Wood as well.
                              Wow...what did he teach? (I'm going to feel really stupid if he was a wrestling coach...lol.)

Comment

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post

Ahh!

Comment

Working...
                                X