Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post

I haven't seen this one....yet.
    Yeah, it hasn't been put on DVD yet (except bootlegs). Guess it's not that good, but man oh man. I feel bad for Carradine not getting top billing. He's on the poster. What, they couldn't fit one more name?

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post

Not bloody likely I could afford any one of them, unfortunately.
    Indeed. Still, I bookmarked the page. How great would it be to have Peter Cushing and Chris Lee eternally facing off on your shelf?

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Yeah, it hasn't been put on DVD yet (except bootlegs). Guess it's not that good, but man oh man. I feel bad for Carradine not getting top billing. He's on the poster. What, they couldn't fit one more name?
      Maybe they felt that he had used up his 'star' name on such immortal classics as Billy the Kid vs. Dracula and Frankenstein Island.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Indeed. Still, I bookmarked the page. How great would it be to have Peter Cushing and Chris Lee eternally facing off on your shelf?
      I know...the classic balls-out improvised candlestick "cross"...priceless!

Comment

I know...the classic balls-out improvised candlestick "cross"...priceless!
        Yep. One of my favorite moments in the film. "I gave away my crucifix, now what? Two candlesticks, of course!"

Comment

• I found a few things in a google search:

Comment

• 90 Reasons The Horror Icon is Awesome

It's a link...click on it.

This one literally made me LOL:

"His thoughts on vampires: "There are many vampires in the world today... you only have to think of the film business.""
            Abin Surly
            or ewe sirius
            Last edited by Abin Surly; 05-30-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

I like this one:

"When he was cast in "Gremlins 2: The New Batch," one of the first things he did was apologize to director Joe Dante for starring in "The Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf," the poorly-received sequel to Dante's 1980 werewolf hit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    I like this one:
                    "When he was cast in "Gremlins 2: The New Batch," one of the first things he did was apologize to director Joe Dante for starring in "The Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf," the poorly-received sequel to Dante's 1980 werewolf hit."
                    Obviously, Joe didn't hold a grudge.

Comment

• Bert I. Gordon break:

This was a loose remake of a Tod Browning film from 1936 titled The Devil-Doll (not to be confused with 1964's Devil Doll that was on MST3K...the one with Hugo, the ventriloquist's dummy in the cage).

This was Gordon's follow-up to The Incredible Shrinking Man from the year before.

Michael Mark plays Hoyt's puppeteer friend from "the old country". Mark was little Maria's father in Whale's Frankenstein and then was in practically every Universal Frankenstein film afterwards, usually as some sort o town official. I suppose he got promoted in spite of the fact that he didn't teach his daughtre NOT to play aquatic flower-tossing games with confused reanimated cadavers who answer to the name "Abby...Abby Normal".

If memory serves, he was one of the two men that Karloff had his assistant Daniel kidnap. He was the one that Karloff threatens that he will give him the brain of the Wolfman.

Comment

• Winner of the 2011 Bafta Fellowship Award.

Comment

• Comment

• Carradine mostly did 'voice work' on this one, except for this scene.

Break out the Slim Whitman records.

The Night of the Well-Dressed Dead.

Keep in mind, this was pre-Romero.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that David Lynch had this one memorized before he started film school...and probably Romero, too.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X