• Comment

• Win.
      +1

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

Comment

• I got what is suppose to be the first third of my Valentine's Day presents last night...my wife had ordered these:

THIS!

And BOTH of these!

AND there's suppose to be two more shipments yet to come! GLOAT! GLOAT! GLOAT!

Comment

• Comment

• Thank you, sir...but wait, there's more...
                  Today, this came in (yeah, I know it's not the thread's genre, but still...)

AND, there is allegedly a third shipment coming in!

Comment

• Let me know what kind of rules the broke before the code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Let me know what kind of rules the broke before the code.
                      They really priceless thing about it is that it comes with a facsimile of the Production Code from the Hayes office! It's like a blueprint that they used to come up with all of the double entendres, implied horrifying violence, etc. in Film Noir and 30s and 40s Horror films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                        They really priceless thing about it is that it comes with a facsimile of the Production Code from the Hayes office! It's like a blueprint that they used to come up with all of the double entendres, implied horrifying violence, etc. in Film Noir and 30s and 40s Horror films.
                        Yeah, it's funny what they managed to get away with during the code. I'm very interested in that topic of the code, the MPAA and Hollywood's response. I really should do a little more research into it.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You should check this one out.

Comment

• I have seen that. It was awesome. By the end I wanted to join some freedom of speech group (which I promptly didn't). It actually changed the MPAA appeals process!

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              I have seen that. It was awesome. By the end I wanted to join some freedom of speech group (which I promptly didn't). It actually changed the MPAA appeals process!
                              Ha! I know. They had to. They 'outed' everyone.

Submitted for your approval (apologies to Rod Serling ):

The Hays Code in all of its glory!
                              Abin Surly
                              or ewe sirius
                              Last edited by Abin Surly; 02-15-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• That is so ridiculous. I suppose they could've argued that it wasn't unconstitutional because it was agreed upon by the industry, but since in those days it was pretty much impossible to screen a truly independent film that's as much as to admit a monopoly.

Comment

Working...
                                X