X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Just saw

in which a mind-eating alien controls farm animals and then moves up to farmers.

It's like the real cinematographer would show up every once in a while, get a couple of decent camera and lighting set-ups, and then disappear again.

Abin Surly
      or ewe sirius
      Last edited by Abin Surly; 01-24-2012, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't know what they deal was with that.

There were actually since interesting ideas here; like why the father keeps the mute handy man and having an unloving mother, but they didn't necessarily pay off.

In fact, this would've been a good MST3K entry.

Glad you saw it, though.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know what they deal was with that.
          There were actually since interesting ideas here; like why the father keeps the mute handy man and having an unloving mother, but they didn't necessarily pay off.
          In fact, this would've been a good MST3K entry.
          Glad you saw it, though.
          The mute handy man was probably the scariest thing...I was doing my own MST stuff in my head. The scene where he's up the tree spying on the girl while she's swimming, instead of "you come down from there" probably should have been "you stay up there until I get home". "Mom" was obviously suffering from decades long post-partum depression. LOL

A good editor (and consistant DP) probably could have made those 'when animals attack' moments a little (a lot really) more effective. It really comes off like they didn't even have an 'animal wrangler' at all.

And the big moment when the alien keels over just looked sooooo bad..."Oh no, my action figure just fell over"...it had that JustSomeRandomGuy look to it, although he does it for laughs.

Comment

• Apparently, this is the production still they used for the poster design pose, although they substituted a bathing suit for Ms. Adams and I'm not sure if the look of panic on her face might be real as it appears that they're about to take a rather nasty tumble.

Comment

It'd be fun to be able to air spell "revenge" like that the next time someone cuts me off or something.
              That would be a lot more effective than "air quotes".

Comment

• Karloff's subtlety destroys his hammy costar, Nick Adams (yes, I know he's a Godzilla actor too).

This one is loosely based on Lovecraft's "Colour out of Space." Sadly, they went with the above title

Otherwise, a nice Gothic story that would feel like a Hammer flick if it were not for the American Ham and the English a-lister.

Comment

• Comment

• Do you know what that's from? It's not Ed Wood or we'd see the strings.

Comment

Do you know what that's from? It's not Ed Wood or we'd see the strings.
                      Yep, I do...I believe I've posted this movie on here before.
                      Name That Movie.
                      Hint: Some of Mars Attacks was a tribute and Burton even made some direct visual quotes.

Comment

• Attack of the Flying Saucers?

Comment

Attack of the Flying Saucers?
                          Close...

Comment

• Oops. Not sure why that fake title was stuck in my head, but that's what I meant.

Comment

Oops. Not sure why that fake title was stuck in my head, but that's what I meant.
                              Just don't let it happen again.

Comment

• I'll throw in some Ed Wood saucers for fun.

And the mother ship (or as Rifftrax said, the great nipple):

Comment

Working...
                                X