Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calling all graphic artists... how are they doing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all graphic artists... how are they doing it?

I'm a graphic artist, proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

I was wondering if any of you know how Moose and the gang are creating those beautiful, wispy power ring contrails. You know, when they show the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps battling at a distance, and all you see is a swirl on green and yellow energy? Or when the rings are shooting off into space in search of a new ringbearer, the swirly trail they leave behind?

For the life of me, I can't seem to replicate that technique. I've seen similar things pulled on on print ads for cellphone companies and the like, but nothing quite as stunning as what I'm seeing the GL colorists pull off in their respective titles. Does anyone know their secret?

From a good bunch of what I've seen I'm thinking a fractal image or a series of fractals colored and placed around where approiate.

Comment

It's a KPT filter/plug-in from Corel called Frax Flame. Compatible with older versions of Photoshop (won't work with CS 3). I use it with P-Shop 5 and it works great. Do a Google search, you should be able to find it.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by apokolips View Post
      I'm a graphic artist, proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

I was wondering if any of you know how Moose and the gang are creating those beautiful, wispy power ring contrails. You know, when they show the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps battling at a distance, and all you see is a swirl on green and yellow energy? Or when the rings are shooting off into space in search of a new ringbearer, the swirly trail they leave behind?

For the life of me, I can't seem to replicate that technique. I've seen similar things pulled on on print ads for cellphone companies and the like, but nothing quite as stunning as what I'm seeing the GL colorists pull off in their respective titles. Does anyone know their secret?
      MOOSE!!!
      2008 Wizard Fan Award Winner - Favorite Colorist!
      http://www.facebook.com/moose.baumann
      http://blog.myspace.com/moosebaumann

Comment

Wow straight from the Horse... errr.... MOOSE'S!!! Mouth!
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Originally posted by MOOSE!!! View Post
          It's a KPT filter/plug-in from Corel called Frax Flame. Compatible with older versions of Photoshop (won't work with CS 3). I use it with P-Shop 5 and it works great. Do a Google search, you should be able to find it.

Hope that helps.
          Got CS3 myself. Is there not any similar type of Filter available since then that would be compatible with CS3?

Comment

Working...
          X