Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I might just really pass on this one. There has to be a point where I stop buying the same thing over and over. This is probably my jumping off point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
      No, I might just really pass on this one. There has to be a point where I stop buying the same thing over and over. This is probably my jumping off point.

Comment

• THE WORLD IS ENDING!

Comment

• He hasn't done it yet. It's not out.

Comment

• I'm finding it hard to spend a hundred bucks on something I have at least six versions of. And the kicker is that Adams will probably rework a lot of pages inside. And he wasn't the original inker so that's even worse.

But then...I don't know if my fanboy OCD can handle NOT owning it.

Comment

• I'd probably be the same way if I had the money and the space. And if I really had both to spare, I'd have a climate-controlled room with shelves (instead of long boxes) for all my comics and trades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                Don't buy it Dave, it might look like this:

That's not necessarily a bad thing. It might not have the nostalgic feel, but there's something to be said for tight lines and colors that aren't bleeding.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Yeah but they not only "improved" it, they redid the entire page! New inks, which essentially erase the original inker's contribution. Adams has been known to ink himself in the past but he typically had an inker. That guy's work shouldn't get discarded, especially for an edition that I consider recording comics history. They should leave the original work, warts and all. The colors are also completely redone. And even the word balloons are all new.

I didn't mind it when it was done on Sandman, but now I'm of the opposite opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                    That's not necessarily a bad thing. It might not have the nostalgic feel, but there's something to be said for tight lines and colors that aren't bleeding.
                    Yea, no, the older stuff was better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                      Yeah but they not only "improved" it, they redid the entire page! New inks, which essentially erase the original inker's contribution. Adams has been known to ink himself in the past but he typically had an inker. That guy's work shouldn't get discarded, especially for an edition that I consider recording comics history. They should leave the original work, warts and all. The colors are also completely redone. And even the word balloons are all new.

I didn't mind it when it was done on Sandman, but now I'm of the opposite opinion.
                      I don't have a problem with that, since there are usually collected versions that show the original. Fans can pick what they like, much in the same way they can choose between the unaltered or remastered Star Wars OT. Although I question why someone didn't catch that weird look on Superman's face in the updated version. He appears to be humoring or patronizing Jimmy rather than listening to him like in the original.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      I'd have to say that's on a case-by-case basis. I've read stories where the inking and/or coloring was so poorly done that it made the panels almost indecipherable. The improved quality of comic art and printing over the decades is a huge positive.
                      Big Blue Lantern
                      Corps Honor Guard
                      Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 05-25-2015, 03:48 AM.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Here's a better look at Hal's new look:

I kinda feel like this will be DC's attempt at making characters seem similar to the GotG. Hal's got a spiffy new coat, no badge, no traditional ring, a new starship, etc. Kinda puts me in the mind of Firefly too and I wonder if green was added into the coat so the obvious browncoats reference wouldn't get made. I'm willing to give this a shot but it better grab my attention sooner than later.

~KL~

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                          . . . much in the same way they can choose between the unaltered or remastered Star Wars OT. . .
                          Not easily. To watch the true original trilogy you have to have kept the early VHS tapes or watch them in the little boxes on the DVD release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            Is that Soranik Natu in a Sinestro Corps uniform I see on the Sinestro cover? THAT'S going to take some explanation.
                            It's addressed briefly in the DC Sneak Peek: Sinestro, sounds like Sinestro gave her a ring in order to prevent her from being transported to the other universe with the rest of the GLC.

Comment

It's addressed briefly in the DC Sneak Peek: Sinestro, sounds like Sinestro gave her a ring in order to prevent her from being transported to the other universe with the rest of the GLC.
                              Yeah, I hope we see that scene, because I'm having a hard time imagining her joining the Sinestro Corps and giving up her GL ring on the word of Lyssa Drak's prophecy. At the very least, I'd expect her to go off and check on the situation herself.

Comment

• I know I'm in the minority but I'm looking forward to seeing the new status quo for Hal.

Comment

Working...
                                X