X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern February 2017 Solicitations

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI • Art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA • Variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“QUEST FOR THE BLUE LANTERN” part one! Hal teams with Kyle Rayner, the White Lantern, for a harrowing quest to bring hope back to the cosmos. Tasked with finding the Blue Lantern Corps and restoring it to full power, the two quickly find neither may have the power to accomplish this mission.
    On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #15
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI • Art and cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER • Variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

“QUEST FOR THE BLUE LANTERN” part two! Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner’s mission to find the Blue Lanterns brings them to a world on the brink of destruction. How can they find hope in a place devoid of any? Meanwhile, the Green Lantern Corps begins to track down the most dangerous members of the Sinestro Corps, but Guy Gardner flies off to settle his own grudge!
    On sale FEBRUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    GREEN LANTERNS #16
    Written by SAM HUMPHRIES • Art by NEIL EDWARDS • Cover by JAMES HARREN • Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

“DARKEST KNIGHT” part one! It’s the Dark Knight/Emerald Knights team up you’ve been waiting for! Simon and Jessica travel to Gotham City to help Batman with a mystery even he can’t solve! People all across the city have been gripped with fear. Is it Scarecrow? Is it the Sinestro Corps? Can these Justice League teammates work together to solve the mystery?
    On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    GREEN LANTERNS #17
    Written by SAM HUMPHRIES • Art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA • Cover by JAMES HARREN • Variant cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO

“DARKEST KNIGHT” part two! The finale of the Dark Knight/Emerald Knights team up! Scarecrow’s mastery over fear shakes Simon to his core. Can Jessica rally her own will to save her partner and stop the fear mongering maniac? Will Batman save the people of Gotham City from a new fear toxin more insidious than ever before?worked so hard to forge?
    On sale FEBRUARY 15 • Each 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #14
    Written by BRYAN HITCH • Art and cover by BRYAN HITCH and DANIEL HENRIQUES • Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE

“REGROUP”! Broken, battered and pinned down by a new alien threat, the Justice League is forced to confront long-simmering tensions between teammates before they can save the world. Grievances are aired and secrets are revealed in this special issue written and drawn by Bryan Hitch.
    On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #15
    Written by BRYAN HITCH • Art and cover by FERNANDO PASARIN and MATT RYAN • Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE

“TIMELESS” part one! A new epic begins when a mysterious young woman implores the Justice League join the fight against the Timeless, a cosmic threat they’ve never faced before—because it exists at different points throughout Earth’s history! Now, the Justice League must travel to both the past and the future in a literal race against time!
    On sale FEBRUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    EARTH 2: SOCIETY #21
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art by VICENTE CIFUENTES • Cover by BRUNO REDONDO

The Wonders battle the Sandmen army to free the new Earth 2 from a dystopian fate, but the new world Director has unleashed his terrifying secret weapon. Can Batman, Huntress and John, the weakest of the wonders, shut down the Director’s stronghold? It’s a dangerous, last-minute gamble...and the price may be too great to bear.
    On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
    JUSTICE LEAGUE/POWER RANGERS #2
    Written by TOM TAYLOR • Art by STEPHEN BYRNE • Cover by KARL KERSCHL

Lost in another dimension, the Power Rangers must face a team unlike any they’ve ever encountered! In a world teeming with god-like heroes and villains as monstrous as Lord Zedd, it will take more than superpowers to survive. Can the Power Rangers work with the Justice League to find a way back home? Co-published with BOOM! Studios.
    On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Star Trek/Green Lantern Vol 2 #3 (of 6)
    Mike Johnson (w) • Angel Hernandez (a & c)

The race to the planet Oa continues! Will Captain Kirk and Hal Jordan be the first to find the legendary home of the Green Lanterns, or will Sinestro and the Klingons beat them to it? Don’t miss the latest chapter in the blockbuster crossover event of the year!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Star Trek/Green Lantern Vol 2 #3 (of 6)—SubscriptionVariant
    Mike Johnson (w) • Angel Hernandez (a) • Sandra Lanz (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
    • Following the blockbuster success of last year’s Star Trek/Green Lantern, DC Entertainment and IDW once again bring you the best team-up in the galaxy!
    • Variant cover by Aaron Harvey!
    PLANET OF THE APES/GREEN LANTERN #1 (of 6)
    Retail Price: $3.99
    Writers: Robbie Thompson & Justin Jordan
    Artist: Barnaby Bagenda
    Main Cover: Ethan Van Sciver
    Movie Poster Incentive Cover: Steve Morris
    Silver Age Incentive Cover: Paul Rivoche
    Spectrum Incentive Cover: Felipe Massafera
    Unlockable “Vintage” Action Figure Variant: David Ryan Robinson

BOOM! Studios and DC Comics are proud to bring together two classic properties in a historic crossover event.

When Taylor goes missing, Cornelius investigates and discovers an ancient ring, unlike anything the universe has ever seen. As its power echoes through the stars, the Guardians of the Universe must reveal to their Lanterns a secret they had hoped would remain buried. With the Green Lantern Corps, led by Hal Jordan, racing to get to the source of this power before Sinestro can get his hands on it, they will discover a truth that will change them forever on…THE PLANET OF THE APES.
    Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 11-23-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1 Variant by Steve Morris

Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern #1 Variant by David Ryan Robinson

Comment

• Updated the solicits post with Star Trek/Green Lantern and Planet of the Apes/Green Lantern.

Comment

• Green Lanterns #13 Cover by Tyler Kirkham

Green Lanterns #13 Variant by Emanuela Lupacchino

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #10 Variant by Kevin Nowlan

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #10 Cover by Rafa Sandoval

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #11 Variant by Kevin Nowlan

Comment

• The only flaw of Rafa's is his horrible John.

Comment

• Everybody looks like some kind of zombie on that Nowlan cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                The only flaw of Rafa's is his horrible John.
                his Sora isn't that great either. I actually liked his John with the Jackhammers splash page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  Everybody looks like some kind of zombie on that Nowlan cover.
                  Nowlan must go soon, his covers are so bad DC can do better than this. Hell Gary Frank can do more than just the alternate cover for Action Comics each month. Or hire Darryl Banks to do them for back in the day fans. I haven't enjoyed a single one of Nowlan's alternate covers yet.

Comment

• Here's predicting Venditti/editors/whoever is going to (eventually) romantically pair John Stewart with Soranik Natu, through means of tension over their respective command posts. I've thought that for a while now. Both are Corps commanders now, and she is already pretty much a stand-in for Katma Tui, though, by this point, I'd say Soranik has more depth as a character.

Not that I think that's necessarily a bad thing, barring that the artist draws a pretty unappealing looking Soranik Natu. It could potentially give both characters more depth. However... after all these comics Venditti has written at this point, I don't really care about the characters. Despite him putting them through stuff, they don't really feel like three dimensional people with compelling conflicts, the way, say, your characters from The Walking Dead game do:

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So, something is definitely lacking there, though, admittedly, Walking Dead has an advantage in being able to kill its characters and such, thus being able to put them in actual, believable danger. Still, something is really lacking. After some... what is it now, 40 odd issues, I still don't feel he writes the characters as very deep or even interesting. If I didn't have some previous knowledge or investment in any of them, I don't think I'd ever care about them at all from Venditti's writing.
                    Star-Lantern
                    Weaponer of Qward
                    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 11-29-2016, 10:30 PM.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

• Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #12 Variant by Kevin Nowlan

Green Lanterns #14 Variant by Emanuela Lupacchino

Comment

• How long is Nowlan going to do variant covers?!?

Comment

• And now they are bringing back orange, red, yellow, green, blue, white and phantom rings. Only things missing are black indigo and violet.

I can't do this. I thought we were done with this trite garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                            Nowlan must go soon, his covers are so bad DC can do better than this. Hell Gary Frank can do more than just the alternate cover for Action Comics each month. Or hire Darryl Banks to do them for back in the day fans. I haven't enjoyed a single one of Nowlan's alternate covers yet.
                            Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            How long is Nowlan going to do variant covers?!?
                            I believe all the Rebirth variant artists were signed to one year contracts.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            And now they are bringing back orange, red, yellow, green, blue, white and phantom rings. Only things missing are black indigo and violet.

I can't do this. I thought we were done with this trite garbage.
                            Why though? They told us they were bringing all of that back when Rebirth was first announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                              I believe all the Rebirth variant artists were signed to one year contracts.

Why though? They told us they were bringing all of that back when Rebirth was first announced.
                              I just heard what I wanted to hear I suppose. When the Hal title came out it was actually good so I coasted along and have been enjoying it and pinching my nose on the other. But if they are doing "Rainbow Brigade War Of The Christmas Lites 8.0" I'm just done. Again. I'll drop it and not stick around for the multicolored arms race buildup.

Comment

• Why'd Nowlan have the energy/fire on Larfleeze' head go all the way to the top of the piece of art? That just looks dumb on an otherwise awesome cover. His skinny human figure doesn't look bad on that particular character...

There was a time when GL and GLC survived without the rest of the rainbow spectrum. Will we ever get back to that? It's like being a Superman fan and only getting villains like Bizarro, Zod, H'el, etc. who are basically carbon copies of Superman to a degree. THAT SHIT GETS OLD. I'm sure everyone here paid enough for comics with that War of Light and it leading into Blackest Night, why would we wanna waste more money on stuff it feels like we've already read once or twice now?

~M~

Comment

Working...
                                X