• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
    [shingo]Wow![/shingo]
    What?

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by AllWillBeWell View Post
      Even though they JLA doesn't actively "hey let's promote peace" they still do that don't they by serving the justice to the villians in their book...I feel its a good idea unlike anyone else here.
      Perhaps you are right: with the JLA in a transition stage right now, they could all use a little bit of Hope.

I know this will be temporary, so I'm not too worried about it. I think the main problem people have is simply with the JLA roster. You've got a whole bunch of heroes who, while maybe worthy, have never been too integral in the history of the JLA. Right now, with the exception of Red Tornado, and Dr. Light, none of these heroes have been in the JLA before. You've got Donna, Dick, Vic, Jesse, Starman, Congo Bill, Supergirl, and Jenny, and now you add Saint Walker? This just isn't the JLA as it has been. I don't mind it, I seem to the be the only one actively collecting this title, but I don't think many people like it.

Originally posted by Shingo Wol View Post
      What?
      He was channeling you in his post
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

This is Dick Grayson's second stint on the Justice League, though. He was a member during The Obsidian Age, along with Etrigan, Major Disaster, Faith, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow and the Atom.

Otherwise, I completely agree. And this is due to Dan Didio's influence. He has said several times that he is against the "big seven" in the League, because most of them have their own books and with a "b-list" roster, you can showcase other heroes. The problem is that a b-list roster just doesn't feel like the Justice League, even if you put a bunch of sidekicks and analogues on the team. Everything has to be balanced.

Comment

I think Walker will be just fine without a GL around. That aspect of the Blue Lanterns has been somewhat forgotten; even during Blackest Night, Barry Allen was able to use his Blue Lantern powers when he was nowhere near Hal.
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Poor Saint Walker.....
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
              I think Walker will be just fine without a GL around. That aspect of the Blue Lanterns has been somewhat forgotten; even during Blackest Night, Barry Allen was able to use his Blue Lantern powers when he was nowhere near Hal.
              I guess they would have to define "near" and whether Jade counts w/ her starheart
              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

If he needs a GL near him to be useful. Then mabye hes going to be there secretary?

Comment

I think I maybe the only person on this board who buys JLA, and actually get's more out of it than most people, but I could be wrong. It does feel like editorial stepping in and shoving in SW, or James Robinson had a idea for the character outside of GL.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the former.
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                      I'm pretty sure it's the former.
                      Yeah, your probably right. I know people don't like the rainbow brigade and want them to go away, but these characters (like Lobo) now are stitched into the DCU, and either a current writer, future writer, or editorial will want to use them.

Comment

I dont mind the Rainbow Brigade. I just despise this incarnation of the Just-whoever is laying around-ice League

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                          I dont mind the Rainbow Brigade. I just despise this incarnation of the Just-whoever is laying around-ice League
                          Yeah, I wasn't specifically addressing you but others who have shouted their discontent. I don't mind this current incarnation of the JLA,

Comment

did anyone else get the imression that doomsday was under the pocession of Eclipso in that march JLA solicit?

Comment

One of the reasons for this incarnation is b/c they don't want to mess with the others' continuity
                              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Originally posted by VeesFistOfDeath View Post
                                did anyone else get the imression that doomsday was under the pocession of Eclipso in that march JLA solicit?
                                Not really, no. The storyline is called "Reign of Doomsday", and he doesn't have that halfmoon face-tattoo that usually comes with Eclipso-possessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X