DCnU Continuity Timeline - Making sense of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCnU Continuity Timeline - Making sense of it

Ok, i started this in a kyle rayner thread of all threads, but now that i have the idea... lets see some of you ATTEMPT to make sense of the new continuity. I started off with the Batman continuity after someone posed the question of how there were 5 robins in the past 5 years...

.... so after being a kid robin, Dick became batman after 5 years. ( Not to mention Nightwing... then batman during prodigal... then nightwing again.... then Batman during reborn.... )

Jason came in somewhere and had a bad week of being robin before he got hit in the head with a crowbar. Afterwards, the ras al guhl pit made him age into adulthood. And gave him red hair.

Tim came along and became robin one week later after all that shit with jason. Then he changed his costume into that red one a few months later. Then he quit and his girlfriend stephanie joined up as robin FOR ONE DAY. Then she went back to being spoiler... then batgirl... all the while Tim decides to become red robin after being robin for a full year.

And Damien.... is a 4 year old robin. ( I'm counting the conception months... )
    But since Jason was fucking his mother, Bruce might not even be his dad. Anyways, he started training as an assassin as soon as he hit his terrible twos and never looked back.

Batman himself had 42314324 women during this 5 year tenure, and only one kid... not bad. He broke his back, and came back from the wheelchair over a tough weekend of rehabilitation. Batman has a throw down with every rogue at 8:00 pm every night, and that's how every arc of the past continuity fits in. When hes not fighting a rogue, its just later on that night.

Barbara was batgirl for a few years, but then got shot and was in a wheelchair as oracle for a few months. During those months, she led 3321 variations of the birds of prey.

The original Batwoman had a fling with Bruce for a few days, then died. They were so in love during those few days, he proposed to her. This year, a new batwoman came back, but rejected bruces advances cause she likes carpet.

There has been a new azrael very other month.

Commissioner gordon climbed the ranks of the police department faster than any other police officer in the world. Ever.

... Ok, i guess that makes sense...

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Makes perfect sense to me.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Best. Synopsis. Ever.

I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Ten years ago (perhaps even longer than that) - Year One, Long Halloween, the first appearance of Catwoman, Joker and several other villains, every Batman story from 1939 to 1940, every "Legends of the Dark Knight" story that took place during Year One.

Nine years ago - Dick Grayson becomes Robin at something like fourteen or fifteen years of age, Dark Victory, Batman: Year Two, several more villains get introduced, along with Batwoman I, Ace, Bat-Mite and other stuff. Every story from the 40s and 50s. Lots of Black Casebook stuff.

Eight years ago - Robin dies at dawn, more Black Casebook stuff. Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl. The campy Adam West inspired cases occur.

Seven years ago - Laughing Fish, Ra's Al Ghul, etc., Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing. Jason Todd becomes the second Robin. Talia creates Damien from Bruce's DNA.

Six years ago - Batman throws car parts at people, Barbara Gordon gets shot, Jason Todd gets beaten to death, etc.

Five years ago - Batman joins the Justice League. Tim Drake becomes the third Robin. Knightfall.

Four years ago - Knightquest, Contagion, etc.

Three years ago - No Man's Land. The introduction of Cassandra Cain and Harley Quinn.

Two years ago - Bruce Wayne: Murderer, the death of Ra's al Ghul, the introduction of Hush, Stephanie Brown becomes the fourth Robin and fakes her death.

One year ago - The beginning of the Morrison run. The resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul. Batman RIP, Final Crisis

This year - Dick Grayson becomes Batman for a while, Bruce Wayne fights his way back through time. He then creates Batman Inc.

Comment

I thought we had to do this in 5 years... * shrugs *

Geoff Johns stated that everything still happened, just that they compressed the timeline as it occurred, he also gave the example that cyborg was still a teen titan before joining the justice league and so forth. Doomsday still happens and all that other jazz...if a super hero died... then that story really did happen. All this was said at the green lantern DCnU panel at sdcc.

Also, just to throw this in, Eddie Berganza is quoted as saying that blackest night and brightest day happened in the span of a really bad week...

( no joke )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO30Ia8FAU0

Check that out between 2:00 and 3:25 minutes.
          Jay Burg
          American Bad Ass
          Last edited by Jay Burg; 08-31-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Burg View Post
            I thought we had to do this in 5 years... * shrugs *

Eddie Berganza stated that everything still happened, just that they compressed the timeline as it occurred, he also gave the example that cyborg was still a teen titan before joining the justice league and so forth. Doomsday still happens and all that other jazz...if a super hero died... then that story really did happen. All this was said at the green lantern DCnU panel at sdcc.

Also, just to throw this in, Geoff Johns is quoted as saying that blackest night and brightest day happened in the span of a really bad week...

( no joke )
            According to Jim Lee, Batman was a urban legend and the Superhero only became apparent 5 years ago.

So Batman could have been working 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
              According to Jim Lee, Batman was a urban legend and the Superhero only became apparent 5 years ago.

We'd also have to assume, based on that.... that robin was also an urban legend, as was nightwing initially... as well as the teen titans that he and cyborg were a part of... all before the 5 year old justice league of course...

( i edited in the youtube link above and showed were to listen in between for the direct SDCC quotes regarding this compressed continuity as still occurring )

mixing eddie and geoff's comments at sdcc with jims comments... im sure there's a way to make sense of this all... i think... maybe...

Comment

Which would mean that Bruce became Batman in his teens since all the hereoes are suppose to be in their mid to late 20s right?!?

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                  Which would mean that Bruce became Batman in his teens since all the hereoes are suppose to be in their mid to late 20s right?!?
                  This is exactly why I don't pay attention to age.

Superman is 78
                  Batman is 78
                  Wonder Woman is 77

There are the ages.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                    Nobody ever said that post-relaunch Batman was in his mid to late 20s. He isn't drawn that way in Justice League #1, and that was five years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                      Nobody ever said that post-relaunch Batman was in his mid to late 20s. He isn't drawn that way in Justice League #1, and that was five years ago.
                      it was in an article/interview that i read on comicbookresources or newsarama. same article told superman's age back when didio/lee stated they were taking the heroes to ages when they were "young and fresh" its there. i'll find it when i leave work.
                      "Chosen"
                      NOT his black friend
                      Last edited by "Chosen"; 08-31-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

OOWWWW!!! my head hurts from doing this too much ->

Comment

Wonder Woman is 77

... I'd still hit it.

Comment

This is exactly why I don't pay attention to age.

Superman is 78
                            Batman is 78
                            Wonder Woman is 77

There are the ages.
                            Anything more to say on the subject Mr. Morrison?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                              Anything more to say on the subject Mr. Morrison?
                              Aquaman is a badass.

Comment

Working...
                              X