No announcement yet.

The Wonder Woman Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay... Can someone explain to me what the deal with Wonderwoman is? Is this new inspiration suppose to be completely new to the DCU? I only ask because, in the last issue of Superman I picked up, it showed Superman not recognizing Diana at all.

I dont pick up Wonderwoman so I have no idea what the story is here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
      Okay... Can someone explain to me what the deal with Wonderwoman is? Is this new inspiration suppose to be completely new to the DCU? I only ask because, in the last issue of Superman I picked up, it showed Superman not recognizing Diana at all.

I dont pick up Wonderwoman so I have no idea what the story is here.
      Wonder Woman (as you know it) Never existed. So that's why Supes didn't recognize her.

Comment

• To further that Irongreen's post, there is no explanation yet as to how or why this happened. This story begins with Diana with no real memory of anything, so the reader will rediscover Wonder Woman as Diana does. Essentially, it's a reboot of Wonder Woman.
        Darth_Primus
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Darth_Primus; 02-20-2011, 01:44 AM.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
          To further that Irongreen's post, there is no explanation yet as to how or why this happened. This story begins with Diana with no real memory of anything, so the reader will rediscover Wonder Woman as Diana does. Essentially, it's a reimagination of Wonder Woman that JMS is doing like he did with Superman: Earth One.
          Except this is in continiuty.

Comment

• Yeah, after rereading my post, I fixed it to say "reboot" instead of "reimagine" because I think at the end of this Odessey story arc, things will some how come back to the previous status quo.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
              I really enjoyed the latest issue of Wonder Woman, looking forward to the next issue.
              I quickly looked at this issue again, and it reminds me of the Star Wars prequel. It's almost like Diana is Anakin, and this last issue she was tempted by the Darkside of the Force and was set up to give into her emotions.

Comment

I quickly looked at this issue again, and it reminds me of the Star Wars prequel. It's almost like Diana is Anakin, and this last issue she was tempted by the Darkside of the Force and was set up to give into her emotions.
                I can see that, I doubt that Wonder Woman is made to turn evil. Although the story would be interesting if she does turn to the darkside.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't think she'll turn evil either. It's just was a way for the story to show that Diana moral fiber; that she's about justice and not vengence. In other words, trying to give depth and definition to her character.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think she'll turn evil either. It's just was a way for the story to show that Diana moral fiber; that she's about justice and not vengence. In other words, trying to give depth and definition to her character.
                    Do you think it feels forced?

Comment

• Not at all. I'm just don't think it's all that compelling. I mean, I am not captivative by the story. I don't feel any empathy for Diana or her plight. The story hasn't done for me what most super hero comic stories provide, which are (1) create an arch nemisis to hate; (2) create sympathy for the main character and (3) create compelling drama that makes for a page turner.

I am not asking myself "what happens next?" or "how will Diana handle this?"

Comment

• If wonder woman turned evil, then it would only be temporary anyway.

Comment

• Tru dat.

Getting back to the Odessey, I just don't think there will be a great pay off at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                            Wonder Woman (as you know it) Never existed. So that's why Supes didn't recognize her.
                            Hmm.....

Has the story been good enough to pick up in a trade format?

And does it feel like she'll go back to the original costume at the end of this story?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
                              Hmm.....

Has the story been good enough to pick up in a trade format?

And does it feel like she'll go back to the original costume at the end of this story?
                              Not really honestly. If you find said issues cheaply or the trade cheaply then I would say try it.

Yes, all signs point to everything returning to normal.

Comment

• I like the premise of the story and the influx of Greek Mythology, but it's not meshing well or creating much intrigue.

Comment

Working...
                                X