• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Bribes Retailers to Destroy DC Comics

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/08...omics-rip-off/

-------------------------
    Hemlock Records Ruined My Life.
    hemlockrecords.com

fuck marvel for this. they tried pulling this 2 years ago if i remember correctly
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I feel like its a nasty tactic.. but I can't hate em for it. I think DC should answer back with a Fear Itself purge tactic of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by JAredLantern View Post
        I feel like its a nasty tactic.. but I can't hate em for it. I think DC should answer back with a Fear Itself purge tactic of their own.
        agreed! maybe take a piss on a issue of fear itself

Comment

Man do ya'll have short term memories or something? They did the same thing for Blackest Night and I laughed my ass off, and I continue to laugh my ass off.

Comment

I think this is pretty fucked up and shouldnt be taken lightly by readers or retailers. I bet any money they would throw the biggest bitch fit in the world if people did this to them and I mean both parties. I may have to go to a Marvel panel and ask a question about this. Maybe I will even rip one of their books in front of them.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
              I think this is pretty fucked up and shouldnt be taken lightly by readers or retailers. I bet any money they would throw the biggest bitch fit in the world if people did this to them and I mean both parties. I may have to go to a Marvel panel and ask a question about this. Maybe I will even rip one of their books in front of them.
              DC people have gone to Marvel panels and Marvel says they are just having fun. Excuse me while I

Comment

That's not fun is disrepectful. If you put in work on a comic Iggy and had another retailer tell people to rip up your copies of your hard work how would you feel?
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                  Man do ya'll have short term memories or something? They did the same thing for Blackest Night and I laughed my ass off, and I continue to laugh my ass off.
                  didnt they offer a deadpool jersey shore type variant cover for a dp comic if people did that to bn?

Comment

That's not fun is disrepectful. If you put in work on a comic Iggy and had another retailer tell people to rip up your copies of your hard work how would you feel?
                    It's not like the retailers have to rip up the Flashpoint tie ins, I know for a fact that my LCS didn't rip up any Blackest Night tie ins when that went down. Plus once the retailers get the complete product, they can do whatever they want with it.

Plus this is comics fan we are talking about, do you actually thing they will rip up comics? Do you really?

Comment

Who in their right mind would deprive their store of 50 comics to sell so they can get the blandest alternate cover imaginable? Who cares about alternate covers anymore anyway? The 90's are happening again! Fuck's sake.
                      Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                        It's not like the retailers have to rip up the Flashpoint tie ins, I know for a fact that my LCS didn't rip up any Blackest Night tie ins when that went down. Plus once the retailers get the complete product, they can do whatever they want with it.

Plus this is comics fan we are talking about, do you actually thing they will rip up comics? Do you really?
                        Regardless it's still a pussy ass move and shows a lack of faith in your product.

Comment

Regardless it's still a pussy ass move and shows a lack of faith in your product.
                          How does it show a lack a faith in Marvels product?

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                            Who in their right mind would deprive their store of 50 comics to sell so they can get the blandest alternate cover imaginable? Who cares about alternate covers anymore anyway? The 90's are happening again! Fuck's sake.
                            people are greedy now a days sadly.

competition is one thing but bribing comic reatailers do to this is just a cheap low blow imo

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              people are greedy now a days sadly.

competition is one thing but bribing comic reatailers do to this is just a cheap low blow imo
                              BUT THEY ARE NOT BRIBING THEM!!!!!!!!! THE RETAILERS DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS!

Comment

Working...
                              X