• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
    Yes, also I would recommend

1) Chew from Image Comics
    2) Irredeemable
    3) Y: The Last Man (it concluded in 2008?) still a good read
    4) Invincible
    5) Fear Agent
    6) Starborn

Those are some quality comics right there.
    I feel like Irredeemable has lost its way as of late, Incorruptible to me is currently the better titles. And Starborn? Really? I'm surprised Iron Man didn't make the list since we've established that you want to have Fraction's babies.

If we're limiting our suggestions to non DCU/MU titles I'd put these up for consideration:

Morning Glories
    Who is Jake Ellis
    American Vampire
    Daytripper
    DMZ
    Fables
    Northlanders
    Criminal
    Powers
    The Stuff of Legend
    Scalped

Comment

• Originally posted by FailureByDesign View Post
      Im fairly new to comics, mostly been a DC fan but looking to expand my reading even further.

More than anything i want to read the best that is out there, so is starting with books like Hellboy, Walking Dead and Sin City: The Hard Goodbye a good start?
      What have you been reading? What are your favorite characters?
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
        What have you been reading? What are your favorite characters?
        Asking people what they like in order to better suggest things that might match their taste? That will never catch on.

Comment

• Yeah, what was I thinking?
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
            I feel like Irredeemable has lost its way as of late, Incorruptible to me is currently the better titles. And Starborn? Really? I'm surprised Iron Man didn't make the list since we've established that you want to have Fraction's babies.

If we're limiting our suggestions to non DCU/MU titles I'd put these up for consideration:

Morning Glories
            Who is Jake Ellis
            American Vampire
            Daytripper
            DMZ
            Fables
            Northlanders
            Criminal
            Powers
            The Stuff of Legend
            Scalped
            Dude, Starborn was a fun sci fi comic. The reason I didn't mention Iron Man is because I wanted to recommend non superhero comics first.

Comment

• Originally posted by dash142 View Post
              Is Justice League: Generation Lost good?
              Yep, I'll add to the list saying it is good.

I still can't believe that they totally squandered the potential established by this comic by totally ignoring it and rebooting from scratch for the new Justice League International book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                Dude, Starborn was a fun sci fi comic.
                It's not fun. It's poorly written and goofy so it masquerades as fun.

Comment

• Blair Butler is joined by her AOTS comic-lovin’ co-worker Brian Compton to review graphic novels, including Batman, Punisher Max, Queen and Country, Who Is Jake Ellis?, and Jack Kirby’s classic Kamandi collection. You should have had plenty of time to rise out of your Thanksgiving food coma, so come on and read some comics!

VIDEO CLIPPY HERE

Comment

• Its about that time to start the Best/Worst of 2011 thread...

Comment

• Is X-Statix any good?

Comment

• Bump.

I need some comics to read. Preferably something a few issues in already. I want a story.

Comment

• It depends on what are you looking for? Something sci-fi/traditional super hero/horror?

I don't see LOW mentioned a lot from Image, but I think that series is great, awesome concept and execution, and the art is great, very stylized. If you are into old school sci-fi I'd recommend the Fear Agent run. Now it sounds like I am a huge Remender fanboy hahaha.

I love Hellboy so I'd recommend that series if you haven't gotten into that yet. If you dig Gothic horror it's aces. Pretty much anything from Mignolaverse rules.

Another one that doesn't get mentioned a lot...."X" from Dark Horse. I think you'd dig it if you like ultra-violent super heroes, which I kind of do. Black Mask was good from Archie comics...very grounded and gritty. One of my favorite super hero yarns in the last few years.
                          http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Archie reboot, though it's 24 issues in. It (and the horror titles) got me back into old waffle head.

Comment

• Finished the first volume of Nailbiter and thought it was excellent. There are more trades already out as well. Same with Deadly Class, I've read the first trade but want more.

I read the first issue of Black Monday Murders and thought it was pretty intriguing. The first trade is out and I'm planning on picking that up.

Comment

• You guys are dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X